New Wacken bands confirmed!

Dieses Thema im Forum "English News" wurde erstellt von Wacken-News, 15. Mai 2009.

1. Lord Soth

Lord Soth Guest

Yes, what did you expect? Last year was an exception with Iron Maiden.:o;)

2. Jordan

Jordan W:O:A Metalhead

great exception for the 19th anniversary !... :rolleyes::p

3. Severus

Severus W:O:A Metalhead

Sorry, but I have to say that, at least with the people I know, there are many, many people disappointed with this years' line-up, so personaly I can't imagine that overall it's only a small group of people who don't like the line-up (although I shurly have no prove for this ;) ). But I'll be entertained I hope, and thats the important thing about it.

4. The Shadow

The Shadow Newbie

all together?
    Oh and Severus put Bloodbath out of your wishlist. they aint touring :(

5. BierBaron666

BierBaron666 W:O:A Metalhead

1. the wacken team never officially said the chances for ac/dc were good. they only mentioned that they TRY to book them but they also said it's nearly impossible.
    2. airbournes music is much better, they have more energy and they're way more variable than ac/dc
    3. the line up is great. maybe you don't like the bands, but there are very big names.. like heaven & hell of course, but because they're not called black sabbath, although it is the same band, they're not a big band :rolleyes: (at least the whole forum behaves like they think so.)
    last rvnning wild show ever is also something special.
    with anthrax there's one of the big four of thrash metal, testament is also often called the number 5 of the big four.. so we got 2 more big bands.
    machine head is maybe not a band which means a lot to the history of metal, but they're one of the most succesfull modern metal bands, just like in flames.
    then there are more legends like doro, gammaray, saxon or motörhead, who are bands that just belong to wacken.
    and you also need german bands for a german festival.. rage, subway to sally and in extremo are 3 of the most popular german bands.
    not to forget bands in the higher middle class like hammerfall, dragonforce, enslaved, endstille, korpiklaani, pain, napalm death, etc.
    so i don't know what could be wrong with the billing.. it surely IS "killer."
    yes, there are also shitty bands like bfmv and bmth but who cares? the rest is awesome..
    and btw, wacken never was a festival with big headliners.. maiden was an exception. if you want big headliners, you have to go to the graspop or the hellfest.

6. DrunkGromit

DrunkGromit Member

The line up is killer for you not for someone who still wait for bigger DM/BM acts ... Of course for a heavy metal fan this line up is great ...
    I find it good but not great, with some Death Metal it would be great ... and the orga CAN book these bands it is just they dont want to. I think BFMV or Coheed And Cambria cost more than many great Death Metal Bands (not headliners, just great bands )

7. cyber999

cyber999 W:O:A Metalmaster

dont waste your time with jordan or he will never shut up

8. Mikki

Mikki Member

You missed the very special show that Amon Amarth are putting on.

Shame on you! :mad:

9. metal_martin

metal_martin W:O:A Metalhead

Round of applause for BeerBaron666

(rather a weird avatar though!!)

10. cyber999

cyber999 W:O:A Metalmaster

nice pussy!! :D

11. BierBaron666

BierBaron666 W:O:A Metalhead

i didn't mention them because they also play many other festivals this year.. for example the with full force and the summer breeze and all of them with a special show + viking ship.. of course it's one of my highlights this year, but the germans have too many chance to see them live this year to say it was something special..

thanks a lot.
    and i love my avatar :D

12. rice

rice W:O:A Metalhead

the only thing missing now is to get there and see a bunch of 16 year olds running around. looks like we'll be doing a lot more drinking than we thought.

13. loveMDM

loveMDM Newbie

BTW ITs a Real MDM band:D:D hehehe IM soooo happy that they come to wacken and ofc ENGEL aswell :D:D

Really awesome

14. metal_martin

metal_martin W:O:A Metalhead

I saw Heaven and Hell at Hellfest last weekend. They were excellent. Can't wait for the chance to see them again at Wacken.

15. DrunkGromit

DrunkGromit Member

+1 Machine Head and Anthrax were also really great !

Diese Seite empfehlen