New Wacken bands confirmed!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Severus

W:O:A Metalhead
15 Mai 2009
Ankh-Morpork
OK, great. Nice of you to let us know. :mad:

What'd you think? That WOA can only entertain YOU?
Don't forget the number of people that are coming! More than 50,000 and you expect the orgas just to entertain you?

Sorry to say, but good riddens.

Sorry, but I have to say that, at least with the people I know, there are many, many people disappointed with this years' line-up, so personaly I can't imagine that overall it's only a small group of people who don't like the line-up (although I shurly have no prove for this ;) ). But I'll be entertained I hope, and thats the important thing about it.

BierBaron666

21 Feb. 2008
Nattheim :o
www.lastfm.de
Totally agree with you.

I mean an AC/DC tribute band can be entertaining, but :
- announcing this after all the teasing about the real AC/DC coming seems quite... strange. A bit like "ok we can't have the real thing, so here's the ersatz"
- there's already a tribute band named Airbourne :D
- if the rest of the line-up was fucking killer, it'd be ok.

1. the wacken team never officially said the chances for ac/dc were good. they only mentioned that they TRY to book them but they also said it's nearly impossible.
2. airbournes music is much better, they have more energy and they're way more variable than ac/dc
3. the line up is great. maybe you don't like the bands, but there are very big names.. like heaven & hell of course, but because they're not called black sabbath, although it is the same band, they're not a big band :rolleyes: (at least the whole forum behaves like they think so.)
last rvnning wild show ever is also something special.
with anthrax there's one of the big four of thrash metal, testament is also often called the number 5 of the big four.. so we got 2 more big bands.
machine head is maybe not a band which means a lot to the history of metal, but they're one of the most succesfull modern metal bands, just like in flames.
then there are more legends like doro, gammaray, saxon or motörhead, who are bands that just belong to wacken.
and you also need german bands for a german festival.. rage, subway to sally and in extremo are 3 of the most popular german bands.
not to forget bands in the higher middle class like hammerfall, dragonforce, enslaved, endstille, korpiklaani, pain, napalm death, etc.
so i don't know what could be wrong with the billing.. it surely IS "killer."
yes, there are also shitty bands like bfmv and bmth but who cares? the rest is awesome..
and btw, wacken never was a festival with big headliners.. maiden was an exception. if you want big headliners, you have to go to the graspop or the hellfest.

DrunkGromit

22 Jan. 2009
The line up is killer for you not for someone who still wait for bigger DM/BM acts ... Of course for a heavy metal fan this line up is great ...
I find it good but not great, with some Death Metal it would be great ... and the orga CAN book these bands it is just they dont want to. I think BFMV or Coheed And Cambria cost more than many great Death Metal Bands (not headliners, just great bands )

cyber999

W:O:A Metalmaster
20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
1. the wacken team never officially said the chances for ac/dc were good. they only mentioned that they TRY to book them but they also said it's nearly impossible.
2. airbournes music is much better, they have more energy and they're way more variable than ac/dc
3. the line up is great. maybe you don't like the bands, but there are very big names.. like heaven & hell of course, but because they're not called black sabbath, although it is the same band, they're not a big band :rolleyes: (at least the whole forum behaves like they think so.)
with anthrax there's one of the big four of thrash metal, testament is also often called the number 5 of the big four.. so we got 2 more big bands.
machine head is maybe not a band which means a lot to the history of metal, but they're one of the most succesfull modern metal bands, just like in flames.
then there are more legends like doro, gammaray, saxon or motörhead, who are bands that just belong to wacken.
and you also need german bands for a german festival.. rage, subway to sally and in extremo are 3 of the most popular german bands.
not to forget bands in the higher middle class like hammerfall, dragonforce, enslaved, endstille, korpiklaani, pain, napalm death, etc.
yes, there are also shitty bands like bfmv and bmth but who cares? the rest is awesome..
and btw, wacken never was a festival with big headliners.. maiden was an exception. if you want big headliners, you have to go to the graspop or the hellfest.

dont waste your time with jordan or he will never shut up

Mikki

21 Okt. 2008
Plymouth, UK

You missed the very special show that Amon Amarth are putting on.

Shame on you! :mad:

BierBaron666

21 Feb. 2008
Nattheim :o
www.lastfm.de
You missed the very special show that Amon Amarth are putting on.

Shame on you! :mad:

i didn't mention them because they also play many other festivals this year.. for example the with full force and the summer breeze and all of them with a special show + viking ship.. of course it's one of my highlights this year, but the germans have too many chance to see them live this year to say it was something special..

Round of applause for BeerBaron666

(rather a weird avatar though!!)

thanks a lot.
and i love my avatar :D

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
I just find this annoucement as a joke.

I am bored to check out wacken page for crappy band annoucements.
I paid 130 euro and you have to make an entertaining line up......
I am gonna make a debut Ep ,I think i can be in the next years line up....:mad:

the only thing missing now is to get there and see a bunch of 16 year olds running around. looks like we'll be doing a lot more drinking than we thought.

loveMDM

20 Juni 2009
I dunno i couldn't find a UK Bloodwork I only seen the german one, its billed as Melodic Death Metal but does sound more like a core band but in all fairness they're pretty good i think worth a watch maybe... bai bang where an inferior Nickelback!... actually Nickelback I wouldn't mind any chance we can swap BFMV for Nickelback?! anybody?! lol

BTW ITs a Real MDM band:D:D hehehe IM soooo happy that they come to wacken and ofc ENGEL aswell :D:D

Really awesome