New Stratovarius singer confirmed

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
the only good femal voice is Rachel from Sinister :D

all sopranists - well I don't like the combination... worse than sopanists are mezzo sopranists in Goth chicks bands... no good for my ears.

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Originally posted by Thordis V.
the only good femal voice is Rachel from Sinister :D

all sopranists - well I don't like the combination... worse than sopanists are mezzo sopranists in Goth chicks bands... no good for my ears.
I'm a sopranist. Classical singing lessons. Be careful with choosing your words :p

But when I'm singing rock/metal stuff, I use my "normal" voice. (My singing teacher would kill me for this if she knew it :D)

LXE

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
I don't know....It could be cool. I wasn't a huge fan in the first place really, so I'm not really attatched to the old pretty boy singer so a girl could be just as good. Who knows maybe she'll bust out some crazy gymnastics on stage or something. Girls can rock too!

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by Kate McGee
For me it's not about girls being "allowed" to make metal.
But if you want me to like a female metal singer, she has to have balls!!! (I know, the expression is stupid.) And most women just don't have that.

I agree completely!

Doro is one of the few female metal singers I can stand. Listening to the old Warlock stuff...holy shit she could crank it! Still can, really...

It's boring when women try to sing "metal" but make it too, um, pretty...I think Sinergy's music rocks, but Kim Goss's voice has all the power of a smack from a wet pillow. That chick from that band Power Symphony is another example...urgh.

And when I see Angela from Arch Enemy using an octave drop effect just to make her voice sound more "brutal"...that's fucking pathetic.

Of course girls can rock! :) But only when they actually TRY.

*secretly wishes Pat Benatar had sang for a thrash band*

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Originally posted by Warthog
I agree completely!

Doro is one of the few female metal singers I can stand. Listening to the old Warlock stuff...holy shit she could crank it! Still can, really...

It's boring when women try to sing "metal" but make it too, um, pretty...I think Sinergy's music rocks, but Kim Goss's voice has all the power of a smack from a wet pillow. That chick from that band Power Symphony is another example...urgh.

And when I see Angela from Arch Enemy using an octave drop effect just to make her voice sound more "brutal"...that's fucking pathetic.

Of course girls can rock! :) But only when they actually TRY.

*secretly wishes Pat Benatar had sang for a thrash band*
I must say that I really tried to give Doro a chance on WOA as well as on CD and I hate her way of singing and the music around it. Bores me to death, I'm afraid.

same opinion as you about Sinergy ;)

she really uses that effect?

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by Kate McGee
I must say that I really tried to give Doro a chance on WOA as well as on CD and I hate her way of singing and the music around it. Bores me to death, I'm afraid.

That's okay, we'll agree to disagree. :D Her voice is what I think female metal singers SHOULD sound like. But no one else even attempts that style.

And don't even get me started on those weak "female backing vocals" on some goth-metal efforts that just sound like the same offkey warble...I guess being a band member's girlfriend gets you somewhere. :rolleyes:

As for Angela...yeah, it's pretty obvious if you see Arch Enemy live. I saw them here a year or so ago and her voice sounded all distorted - like someone took a tape of her voice and ssssslllloooowwwweeedddd it down. I know the sound it makes because my old high school theater department used one for this one play we did where we needed to make a 14 year old boy sound like he had a basso profundo voice. :D Cheesy effect, but fun!

Of course, when Angela spoke between songs (to tell us that Arch Enemy was the "goodest" death metal band), her voice was back to normal. Next time I see Arch Enemy, I'm going to look to see if she hits an effect pedal... though they probably have a roadie for that.