NEW BANDS CONFIRMED! - UNEARTH & JOB FOR A COWBOY

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Spindelta

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Dez. 2006
I saw plenty of BJFAC fans in such shirts milling over to see Heaven Shall Burn at Wacken last year. Disheartening. Still, I won't be putting up with that shit this year.

DrakeiN

21 Feb. 2008
Your mind is as narrow as an asshole of a virgin!!!
I hope that Wacken doesn't swarm with morons as you...
You don't know about what you speak...it's you the posers!

Cheers for Wacken and his eclectism!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
Your mind is as narrow as an asshole of a virgin!!!

Hahaha, good one! (maybe it's because I'm listening to Sarcofago that this amuses me so much).

Still, I gather from your statement that you've not been to Wacken before, so it seems that you're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about.

Once you've listened to metal for a little while, you'll be able to see why these bands aren't metal, but fashion.

I suppose some people have this twee vision of every style of music that involves distorded guitar and double-kick bass being part of the same family. But I think that's a load of shit. I guess it's hard for kids to understand why Manowar is metal and why JFAC is not. But the organisers should know better.

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
It's a fashion because of the bands too. These bands didn't all start adopting the trendy hardcore image and add beat downs to their music by accident.

15 Mai 2007
Cork, Ireland
Have the Wacken organisers stopped caring about what the metal fans actually care about, and started going along with trends? That's so shit, and I don't think I will go to WOA in the future if it continues

15 Mai 2007
Cork, Ireland
youre not coming this year only because of that?

I am going, and I'm looking forward to it, the line-up is absolutely amazing. But, if these recent announcements signal a coming trend, then in future I might look at alternative festivals. The fact that there's 3 or 4 dodgey bands playing is'nt a problem, but the fear is that bands like this will become more prominent in Wacken's line-ups, and the festival will completely change.

Gockel82

19 Okt. 2006
Unearth

I don't know what the hell your problem is. I like Unearth pretty much. Might be that they are popular Metalcore, but so what? Each Metal is better than the rest. :D I have no problem if some becomes popular.
I'm just confused about the description of them. Seems to be very old... *lol*

PS: I see your concerns though. The orgas shouldn't forget the true insiders. ;)

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
But, if these recent announcements signal a coming trend...

Are you shitting me? They had Lacuna Coil and In Flames take prime slots last year, let alone BFMV's headline position. The coming trend was signalled with Soulfly and Machine Head, it is now here, ruining the festival.

I like Unearth pretty much. Might be that they are popular Metalcore, but so what?

The problem isn't the popularity, the problem is that they are metalcore. In England we have a big, shit festival where these bands go, and thats why the metalheads fly out to Europe for a festival. But we fly out for metal, not metalcore.

15 Mai 2007
Cork, Ireland
Are you shitting me? They had Lacuna Coil and In Flames take prime slots last year, let alone BFMV's headline position. The coming trend was signalled with Soulfly and Machine Head, it is now here, ruining the festival.

The problem isn't the popularity, the problem is that they are metalcore. In England we have a big, shit festival where these bands go, and thats why the metalheads fly out to Europe for a festival. But we fly out for metal, not metalcore.

I like Lacuna Coil and In Flames, and I see no reason why they should'nt get good slots at WOA. They've both played the festival in the days before it was as huge as it is now, as opposed to the likes of BFMV and Unearth who are jumping on now once the popularity has been built up.