New band confirmed - Stone Gods

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
12 Juli 2008
Nope sorry, I just really don't like it when people use the word 'gay' or 'homosexual' to state that they don't like something or someone.

I honestly couldn't care less if some narrowminded homophobic metalheads like 'my' band or not, they are a waste of talent on you people.

zuiop

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Apr. 2008
Nope sorry, I just really don't like it when people use the word 'gay' or 'homosexual' to state that they don't like something or someone.

I honestly couldn't care less if some narrowminded homophobic metalheads like 'my' band or not, they are a waste of talent on you people.

People who take something like that too seriously listen to weak poopoo like Stone Gods, methinks :p
Sorry, no homophobe here, I have a number of gay friends. Even though I use it to insult sometimes, I obviously don't mean real gays.
And yeah...probably a waste of talent...we just can't see through their boring music and their going to places people don't want them :o;)

Swarmy

16 Juli 2008
I can't see why everyone's making such a big fuss...how many people who are moaning about this have heard their music or see them play? They're not exactly that heavy, but most of their songs (not the ones on their myspace) are metal and they put on a good performance. Not sure why they're on the main stage, and I'm more looking forward to Iron Maiden, Holy Moses, Primordial, Opeth and all the silly power metal bands more than anything else, but Stone Gods should be pretty fun. I saw them at the Barfly in Birmingham and they rocked :)

12 Juli 2008
I can't see why everyone's making such a big fuss...how many people who are moaning about this have heard their music or see them play? They're not exactly that heavy, but most of their songs (not the ones on their myspace) are metal and they put on a good performance. Not sure why they're on the main stage, and I'm more looking forward to Iron Maiden, Holy Moses, Primordial, Opeth and all the silly power metal bands more than anything else, but Stone Gods should be pretty fun. I saw them at the Barfly in Birmingham and they rocked :)

Finally someone with a bit of sense. Would you like to write a review for us?

12 Juli 2008
People who take something like that too seriously listen to weak poopoo like Stone Gods, methinks :p
Sorry, no homophobe here, I have a number of gay friends. Even though I use it to insult sometimes, I obviously don't mean real gays.
And yeah...probably a waste of talent...we just can't see through their boring music and their going to places people don't want them :o;)

For someone who also adores TRUE gay music like Mika and The Ark I'm pretty hardcore I'd say :D

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
I can't see why everyone's making such a big fuss...how many people who are moaning about this have heard their music or see them play?

I reckon the "big fuss" is about having bands that, musically, don't particularly belong at a heavy metal festival in the first place take a main stage.

And yes I actually did take the time to listen to a number of the songs off their debut when I first saw them added to the bill. I pretty much do this with any band I'm not overly familiar with that are added to a festival lineup. Festivals are great places to discover new, and unknown bands so I like that aspect. But I was quite disappointed that such a band had been added when I heard their songs.

I'd also dispute their genre, and would label them hard rock. Definitely not metal. Hell, I just took a look now and not even MA seems to have accepted them, and they have some pretty questionable bands on there at times.

Edit, also thought I'd add that I don't get what's wrong with Wacken goers disputing this. Afterall, if the bands aren't for fans to enjoy...

guano

23 Apr. 2008
I always respect all kinds of bands but they have one debut album and dont play any kind of metal, so why they will play on the main stage?
I cant understand...

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
I always respect all kinds of bands but they have one debut album and dont play any kind of metal, so why they will play on the main stage?
I cant understand...

Agreed!
Especially as they're taking Axel Rudi Pell's slot - who are waaaaaay more popular with the Wacken audience than The Stone Gods are (and The Darkness ever were!).

Street team bloke - it's quite understandable that you've been met with criticism over your band's addition. Us paying customers are pretty pissed at their addition as they're one of many bands who've been added at the end that mean absolutely nothing to us, alongside a lot of piss weak metalcore bands that, as many users have put it, don't belong at Wacken!

Also to question another user's choice of the phrase "gay" is a serious case of clutching at straws. You've been met with criticism and don't know how to take it. By all means defend the band, that's what fans do, but you're going into irrelevance by questioning someone's choice of words.

12 Juli 2008
Agreed!
Especially as they're taking Axel Rudi Pell's slot - who are waaaaaay more popular with the Wacken audience than The Stone Gods are (and The Darkness ever were!).

Street team bloke - it's quite understandable that you've been met with criticism over your band's addition. Us paying customers are pretty pissed at their addition as they're one of many bands who've been added at the end that mean absolutely nothing to us, alongside a lot of piss weak metalcore bands that, as many users have put it, don't belong at Wacken!

Also to question another user's choice of the phrase "gay" is a serious case of clutching at straws. You've been met with criticism and don't know how to take it. By all means defend the band, that's what fans do, but you're going into irrelevance by questioning someone's choice of words.

Excuse me I am not a bloke.
Believe me I don't care about critisism, and I can actually understad your point very well about that the main stage may be an odd spot for them, but quite frankly I am not the one who put them there, I only wanted to find someone to write a review! If you don't like them, why don't you go see another band or have a beer with your mates? That's what I do at festivals, you can't like ALL the bands on the bill...
By the way, I think the reason they were added so late is because they are standing in for another band.

And about the gay thing, sorry, I just can't stand homophobic people, it's something I really care about. Gay is not a worth you use to insult people, it just isn't.

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
Believe me I don't care about critisism, and I can actually understad your point very well about that the main stage may be an odd spot for them, but quite frankly I am not the one who put them there, I only wanted to find someone to write a review! If you don't like them, why don't you go see another band or have a beer with your mates? That's what I do at festivals, you can't like ALL the bands on the bill...
By the way, I think the reason they were added so late is because they are standing in for another band.

And about the gay thing, sorry, I just can't stand homophobic people, it's something I really care about. Gay is not a worth you use to insult people, it just isn't.

That is actually my plan for their set, in fact I think I may have looked up a new band just so I can avoid them.
They are standing in for another band, Axel Rudi Pell, who many people wanted to see (a band that most people would rather see than The Stone Gods). I am one of those who wanted to see ARP.

And you should know by now that people using "gay" as an insult aren't trying to slate homosexuals at all. It's been used as an insult for years (as well as "queer"). Plus on a forum for a metal festival, you're not likely to find many homophobes as you're likely to come across a fair amount of Judas Priest fans! But that's besides the point.

I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say anymore, this argument (if you can call it that) has become somewhat redundant.
Good luck finding a reviewer. Just don't be surprised if you get no takers from this forum :p

zuiop

17 Apr. 2008

LAWLZ you're angry because nobody likes stone god oloolollolololzomfgerlollerkopterzorzhrahrahraaa
WACKÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖN

Sam Przyborowski

2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
I like them. So there.

So they're not Axel Rudi Pell. But they are a good hard rock band who put on a decent live show. Therefore, I shall be watching them. More so than Karaoke Gorgoroth, thats for sure.

zuiop

17 Apr. 2008
I like them. So there.

So they're not Axel Rudi Pell. But they are a good hard rock band who put on a decent live show. Therefore, I shall be watching them. More so than Karaoke Gorgoroth, thats for sure.

ok have fun lölzozr ererorepieri harhar see you fuckers at wacken i drink more than you i am the king of all the wackäääään

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
My (brief) review of The Stone Gods, Wacken 2008..

The band that played on Saturday morning were a great hard rock act, perfect for drinking away your last €20 to.
However, it seems that they weren't The Stone Gods. Which lightened the mood even more :D