Neue Band bestätigt - Avenged Sevenfold

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Zuletzt bearbeitet:

zombiecag

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
Someone earlier in the thread called this band a bunch of skinny jean wearing etc... well funny Megadeth and Metallica both wear skinnies (since the 80's might i add) and aren't they the uber gold metal bands??!! Thats besides the point the way the band looks is not important!

I think you might be referring to my attempt of talking like Skwisgaar after watching Metalocalypse for a hour.. But yeah, that was an attempt of sarcasm, as black metal bands tend to wear tight leather jeans.

Have you guys actually listened to all four albums from Avenged Sevenfold? Im guessing no! If you had you'd realise even though you may not like the sound they have (even though it varies album to album) they are talented and you gotta respect them for what they can do. You have a great guitar duo, some the sickest solo's your gonna hear and some really nice harmonies! And The Rev's drumming is really something. Having doing so you would have realised that they are diverse and actually doing something different unlike most bands as well most them just dont have the edge or the creativity to do so!

I used to be a fan of A7X, I have the first 2 albums. I listened to City of Evil and it wasn't half as good as Waking the Fallen or Sounding the Seventh Trumpet. And as far as guitar duos and "sick solos" go, it doesn't touch upon bands that have played Wacken in the past.

Avenged Sevenfold are not afriad to fail

Then why did they ditch the (half-decent) screaming for a more radio friendly sound? Oh right, M Shadows' throat problems.. Of course. :rolleyes:

Last year there were some bands which were well lets just say awful live! Type-o-Negative (most dreadful performance ive ever seen), Rose Tattoo (every song sounded the same), JBO (someone explain what that was to me?) Personally what I found. But did you see petitions to remove them? No you didn't! I mean chillax a little if you dont like a band

There were no petitions to remove Type-O, Rose Tattoo or JBO because, while they weren't the most popular bands at Wacken, they didn't have 9 forum pages of people bitching about their addition to the bill.

... how abouts going on to the 2nd and 3rd stages to see something else? Or going to the beer garden etc.... no one is forcing you to watch them!

For once I'll agree with you. That's my plan.

With regards to the download post, I also went there last year! Its not a metal festival its 'alternative' branching out to different genre's such as punk etc... If I dont like a band I just wont watch em! But im not going to get all worked up about it.

Download's a weird one.. It's why I prefer Wacken actually. At Download, if you don't like a band, you throw stuff at them. At Wacken, if you don't like a band, you go to another stage or just put up with them. No matter what people say on here, A7X will have a crowd watching them and very few people will actually throw things at the band.

Avenged Sevenfold are Metal with a touch of sub genre's where they draw upon their influences! So I dont see why they cant be a Wacken.

No, Avenged Sevenfold are "Rock". Yes you can hear influences from older, metal, bands in their music, it doesn't mean that they are a metal band.

Did you guys get all angry with Dir En Grey playing last year? Not really you didn't know who or what they where! Similar to Avenged Sevenfold in many aspects as they are diverse and change from album to album. I didn't pre-judge them and I had never seen or really heard about them but I thought id check them out! I didn't like any of the songs but I still thought they put on a good show (mouth cutting was a bit odd but interesting).

I was confused by Dir en Grey's addition to the bill. I listened to them before the festival and wasn't too impressed. Then on the day, there was nothing else on so we sat at the back and drank/talked while D-e-G played. We still couldn't figure out how they got added to the bill.

You all have this notion that they avenged sevenfold are shit band from pretty much word or mouth, thats what I get from most metal heads and none of them have actually bothered to listen to them. Its a band that grows on you, the more you listen the more you like it.

Not necessarily.. A lot of people on here have formed this opinion against Avenged Sevenfold based on hearing them every day on Kerrang, Scuzz, MTV2. As well as interviews in music magazines where they come across as arrogant and full of themselves.

If you dont like them then fine, but direct all your anger into pits instead not bashing keys on a forum.

That's right people, punch each other in the Gorgoroth pit to express your distaste for Avenged Sevenfold!

p.s. And they sound nothing like bullet for my valentine or trivium! :o
...oh dear.

Malefic

30 Jan. 2008
Indeed, it doesn't concern me anymore, my ticket is going on ebay. I first went to wacken in '02 and if you compare the line-ups it will just blow your mind, how quickly things changed in just 6 years. I hope the Wacken people make lots and lots of money, because they're getting no more of mine. That's what I think of your "metal" festival.

One thing I don't understand from the "Wacken is about different kinds of bands" people and if any of them can answer me I'll be impressed.

How many Nu-metal bands played at Wacken when that was popular?
Why were Korn, Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, Slipknot never asked to play?
So if metal now is about being accepting and open-minded, why was it not when Nu-metal was big?

Very peculiar indeed.

Spindelta

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Dez. 2006
btw,people who need to use insults so inflationary are usualy insecure idiots...

I don't have time to wade into this debate as much as I'd like to right now, but I thought that this one nugget of genius needed quoting.

I'll be sure to write a tl;dr post in the near future, though. Until then, TrueFuckingMetal sums up most of my thoughts.

In the mean time:

crypticrhythm schrieb:
Avenged Sevenfold ... are talented and you gotta respect them for what they can do. You have a great guitar duo, some the sickest solo's your gonna hear and some really nice harmonies! And The Rev's drumming is really something.

As discussed in the JFAC thread, talent is relative. People familiar with thrash, death, black and doom are not going to be impressed by Avenged Sevenfold. To the informed listener it sounds like music for kids.

crypticrhythm schrieb:
Did you guys get all angry with Dir En Grey playing last year? Not really you didn't know who or what they where!

Do your homework and check the thread here. I believe I remarked on how unimpressed I was with that nu-metal influenced shit.

Northern Death

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Mai 2004
Dlm am Wildpferd
hairniteout.blogspot.de
Indeed, it doesn't concern me anymore, my ticket is going on ebay. I first went to wacken in '02 and if you compare the line-ups it will just blow your mind, how quickly things changed in just 6 years. I hope the Wacken people make lots and lots of money, because they're getting no more of mine. That's what I think of your "metal" festival.
the best thing you could do, I think. Maybe you get enough money for it to visit one or two smaller festivals without bullet for my avenged lay dying hatebreed engage crap. In this case the whole Wacken thing would have done one last good thing: helping you support better festivals :D

Malefic

30 Jan. 2008
the best thing you could do, I think. Maybe you get enough money for it to visit one or two smaller festivals without bullet for my avenged lay dying hatebreed engage crap. In this case the whole Wacken thing would have done one last good thing: helping you support better festivals :D

You are correct, Day Of Darkness in Ireland is the one I'm looking at now, Watain, Unleashed, Doomsword and others TBC, not too shabby if you ask me. I also want to try and get to that Vader show in Poland with Nile, Dismember, Rotting Christ, Grave, Krisiun, Entombed, sounds like it's gonna be pretty special that.

It's just sad to see the festival I used to love degraded to playing MTV trend bands, but, hopefully more actual metal fans will start speaking with their wallets and go elsewhere.

13 Okt. 2007
Boston Area, Massachusetts
You are correct, Day Of Darkness in Ireland is the one I'm looking at now, Watain, Unleashed, Doomsword and others TBC, not too shabby if you ask me. I also want to try and get to that Vader show in Poland with Nile, Dismember, Rotting Christ, Grave, Krisiun, Entombed, sounds like it's gonna be pretty special that.

It's just sad to see the festival I used to love degraded to playing MTV trend bands, but, hopefully more actual metal fans will start speaking with their wallets and go elsewhere.
Exactly, go to another festival. You guys want Wacken to listen to you? Don't go. No petition or any amount of complaining online will get them to listen, but if enough people share the same views you do and don't go, Wacken will make the change and stop signing these bands. And if there's still a big enough crowd that wants to see these bands after the more elitist metal fans leave that Wacken will still sign core and pop rock bands, then let them have Wacken and enjoy the new festivals that have the bands you want to see. If it's that bad, don't go to Wacken and complain, give your money to another festival so Wacken knows they're losing fans, and you'll also enjoy yourself more at another festival with more of the music your interested in.

rainstart

30 März 2008
Exactly, go to another festival. You guys want Wacken to listen to you? Don't go. No petition or any amount of complaining online will get them to listen, but if enough people share the same views you do and don't go, Wacken will make the change and stop signing these bands. And if there's still a big enough crowd that wants to see these bands after the more elitist metal fans leave that Wacken will still sign core and pop rock bands, then let them have Wacken and enjoy the new festivals that have the bands you want to see. If it's that bad, don't go to Wacken and complain, give your money to another festival so Wacken knows they're losing fans, and you'll also enjoy yourself more at another festival with more of the music your interested in.

/thread

Inkboy

1 Apr. 2008
I am coming from Australia for this for my first time and am very dissapointed that wacken is filling up with hardcore and scene bands, i dont want to see a single wanker slam dancing when i am moshing to maiden.

how do i get my black arrows of death through airport security to deal with this shit?

oh and...birthday on the 3rd :D