Neue Band bestätigt - Avenged Sevenfold

Dieses Thema im Forum "English News" wurde erstellt von Wacken-News, 28. März 2008.

1. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

www.reddesolidariteit.be / www.sauvezlasolidarite.be

It stood for the unity of Belgium. There were (together with a petition on www.petition.be) more than 150,000 signatures, but did it help?

(for info, a separatiste flemish party is now in Government here, or actually still isn't but supports it)

The subject may be different, the impact is the same!

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 31. März 2008
  2. Heisenmü

Heisenmü W:O:A Metalgod

3. cyber999

cyber999 W:O:A Metalmaster

all of them less cradle, they suck!

youre so right!

4. zombiecag

zombiecag W:O:A Metalhead

I think you might be referring to my attempt of talking like Skwisgaar after watching Metalocalypse for a hour.. But yeah, that was an attempt of sarcasm, as black metal bands tend to wear tight leather jeans.

I used to be a fan of A7X, I have the first 2 albums. I listened to City of Evil and it wasn't half as good as Waking the Fallen or Sounding the Seventh Trumpet. And as far as guitar duos and "sick solos" go, it doesn't touch upon bands that have played Wacken in the past.

Then why did they ditch the (half-decent) screaming for a more radio friendly sound? Oh right, M Shadows' throat problems.. Of course. :rolleyes:

There were no petitions to remove Type-O, Rose Tattoo or JBO because, while they weren't the most popular bands at Wacken, they didn't have 9 forum pages of people bitching about their addition to the bill.

For once I'll agree with you. That's my plan.

Download's a weird one.. It's why I prefer Wacken actually. At Download, if you don't like a band, you throw stuff at them. At Wacken, if you don't like a band, you go to another stage or just put up with them. No matter what people say on here, A7X will have a crowd watching them and very few people will actually throw things at the band.

No, Avenged Sevenfold are "Rock". Yes you can hear influences from older, metal, bands in their music, it doesn't mean that they are a metal band.

I was confused by Dir en Grey's addition to the bill. I listened to them before the festival and wasn't too impressed. Then on the day, there was nothing else on so we sat at the back and drank/talked while D-e-G played. We still couldn't figure out how they got added to the bill.

Not necessarily.. A lot of people on here have formed this opinion against Avenged Sevenfold based on hearing them every day on Kerrang, Scuzz, MTV2. As well as interviews in music magazines where they come across as arrogant and full of themselves.

That's right people, punch each other in the Gorgoroth pit to express your distaste for Avenged Sevenfold!

...oh dear.

5. charles

charles Newbie

This thread was more fun when people were aimlessly taking the piss out of AX7.

But seriously. They are a bunch of queefs.

6. Northern Death

Northern Death W:O:A Metalmaster

I'm not going to Wacken and not going to care for gay A7X :)

7. Malefic

Malefic Newbie

Indeed, it doesn't concern me anymore, my ticket is going on ebay. I first went to wacken in '02 and if you compare the line-ups it will just blow your mind, how quickly things changed in just 6 years. I hope the Wacken people make lots and lots of money, because they're getting no more of mine. That's what I think of your "metal" festival.

One thing I don't understand from the "Wacken is about different kinds of bands" people and if any of them can answer me I'll be impressed.

How many Nu-metal bands played at Wacken when that was popular?
    Why were Korn, Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, Slipknot never asked to play?
    So if metal now is about being accepting and open-minded, why was it not when Nu-metal was big?

Very peculiar indeed.

8. Spindelta

Spindelta W:O:A Metalhead

I don't have time to wade into this debate as much as I'd like to right now, but I thought that this one nugget of genius needed quoting.

I'll be sure to write a tl;dr post in the near future, though. Until then, TrueFuckingMetal sums up most of my thoughts.

In the mean time:

As discussed in the JFAC thread, talent is relative. People familiar with thrash, death, black and doom are not going to be impressed by Avenged Sevenfold. To the informed listener it sounds like music for kids.

Do your homework and check the thread here. I believe I remarked on how unimpressed I was with that nu-metal influenced shit.

9. Northern Death

the best thing you could do, I think. Maybe you get enough money for it to visit one or two smaller festivals without bullet for my avenged lay dying hatebreed engage crap. In this case the whole Wacken thing would have done one last good thing: helping you support better festivals :D

10. *Fee

*Fee W:O:A Metalmaster

Hehe :D

11. Northern Death

you like the idea, don't you? ;) That's exaclty what I would do If I would have bought a ticket and you should as well!

12. Malefic

Malefic Newbie

You are correct, Day Of Darkness in Ireland is the one I'm looking at now, Watain, Unleashed, Doomsword and others TBC, not too shabby if you ask me. I also want to try and get to that Vader show in Poland with Nile, Dismember, Rotting Christ, Grave, Krisiun, Entombed, sounds like it's gonna be pretty special that.

It's just sad to see the festival I used to love degraded to playing MTV trend bands, but, hopefully more actual metal fans will start speaking with their wallets and go elsewhere.

13. Spiritcrusher583

Spiritcrusher583 Member

Exactly, go to another festival. You guys want Wacken to listen to you? Don't go. No petition or any amount of complaining online will get them to listen, but if enough people share the same views you do and don't go, Wacken will make the change and stop signing these bands. And if there's still a big enough crowd that wants to see these bands after the more elitist metal fans leave that Wacken will still sign core and pop rock bands, then let them have Wacken and enjoy the new festivals that have the bands you want to see. If it's that bad, don't go to Wacken and complain, give your money to another festival so Wacken knows they're losing fans, and you'll also enjoy yourself more at another festival with more of the music your interested in.

14. rainstart

rainstart Newbie

/thread

15. Inkboy

Inkboy Newbie

I am coming from Australia for this for my first time and am very dissapointed that wacken is filling up with hardcore and scene bands, i dont want to see a single wanker slam dancing when i am moshing to maiden.

how do i get my black arrows of death through airport security to deal with this shit?

oh and...birthday on the 3rd :D

Diese Seite empfehlen