NEED SOME UPDATES HERE!!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

cyber999

W:O:A Metalmaster
20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
Can we actually start getting excited here instead of everyone bitching and fucking moaning about stuff that doesn't matter...?

totally agree! i am sick of people complaining all the time

everybody was expecting TO MUCH of the 20 aniversary and because the lineup is below on all the expectations everybody is complaning about everything! fucking anoying!

ps: my english is not that good but i dont fucking care

Canuck

W:O:A Metalhead
4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
And if the shirts were cheap no doubt someone would be complaining that for E130 we should have better quality shirts. The level of moaning aimed at every new announcement is getting pretty petty. There's nothing about those shirts that says they were any more expensive to produce than previous years.
Can't imagine there's much more in the way of band announcements for WOA 2009 so that's that. Can we actually start getting excited here instead of everyone bitching and fucking moaning about stuff that doesn't matter...?

Has nothing to do with bitching and the tshirts have nothing to do with ticket prices or any of that since you buy them seperately anyway. Do you know the shirts\company I'm referring to? If you did perhaps you'd understand my concern and why I asked. If they are expensive to make then they're expensive to buy.

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008
Has nothing to do with bitching and the tshirts have nothing to do with ticket prices or any of that since you buy them seperately anyway. Do you know the shirts\company I'm referring to? If you did perhaps you'd understand my concern and why I asked. If they are expensive to make then they're expensive to buy.

But it's pointless of you to speculate, Canuck. You don't KNOW it's the same company. Anyone could print a shirt that looks like this. I could run out at lunchtime and do it for next to nothing. These shirts don't look anymore extravagant than last year's and I seem to remember they were more than fairly priced last year. They will be this year too. And y'know what? If they ARE too expensive? DON'T BUY ONE. Simple, see?

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
But it's pointless of you to speculate, Canuck. You don't KNOW it's the same company. Anyone could print a shirt that looks like this. I could run out at lunchtime and do it for next to nothing. These shirts don't look anymore extravagant than last year's and I seem to remember they were more than fairly priced last year. They will be this year too. And y'know what? If they ARE too expensive? DON'T BUY ONE. Simple, see?

You're right, I don't know its the same company and that is precisely why I asked if anyone else recognized a design that has, at least in North America, become pretty trademark to them, which is also why it is likely other fans of the UFC and other martial arts organizations might recognize this design. While they create their own shirts to sell, they also often tend to take on athletes and teams and design shirts for them. As such it wouldn't be a stretch to link them to a festival given, again, the kind of designs that identifies their clothing.

To be honest this whole new "trend" of people whining for people to "wah wah wah stop complaining" is becoming just as annoying as the people who bitch about too many German bands, too many bands without English lyrics, too many old bands, too many heavy metal bands, too many this bands too many that bands. If you're going to comment, inform yourself (which was precisely what I was attempting to do by asking a question). Too many people seem to be pointing fingers indescriminantly as if someone who says anything remotely negative would never actually genuinely be curious or have some kind of point. Heaven forbid someone express an opinion or, horror of horrors, ask a question...that might get too dangerous. To be honest, this is a festival forum people are going to express their opinions about the new announcement, this isn't the kind of forum where people are going to shut their mouth about their thoughts on the festival and sit back to talk about the weather. To me its not the complaints or lack thereof that I find annoying, but the number of people commenting without being informed like those calling Running Wild a power metal band that sings about dragons all day, or that the number of power metal bands is higher than other years, or that it is somehow a shock to have heavy metal bands at Wacken. Informing myself was precisely what I intended with my original post. I noticed a distinct similarity, if I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have asked if anyone else noticed it. If you don't know the answer or didn't notice the similarity then its pointless for you to even respond. The only reason you seem to be replying to my original post is to sit on your high horse and wag your finger at me. So what if my post IS pointless? DON'T RESPOND. Simple, see.

totally agree! i am sick of people complaining all the time

everybody was expecting TO MUCH of the 20 aniversary and because the lineup is below on all the expectations everybody is complaning about everything! fucking anoying!

ps: my english is not that good but i dont fucking care

It's true, many people had big expectations, in my case.. i'm honest, i don't expected names like Metallica or AC/DC .. but I expected a good mix of all metal genres like other years.

This year are strongly charged of heavy metal rock bands and a minority of extreme metal bands, is not so bad heavy metal rock bands, but with a couple of death metal bands and some other thrash old school and black metal, would be better IMO

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
It's true, many people had big expectations, in my case.. i'm honest, i don't expected names like Metallica or AC/DC .. but I expected a good mix of all metal genres like other years.

This year are strongly charged of heavy metal rock bands and a minority of extreme metal bands, is not so bad heavy metal rock bands, but with a couple of death metal bands and some other thrash old school and black metal, would be better IMO

That's kind of what I've been saying.

The hype was not so much the individuals fault, but the people that made that hype convincing (the organizers). It's kind of a bad idea to hype something up and fall kind of short of the produced hype. Not good for publicity and future sales if you ask me.

Loco

7 Apr. 2009
The Netherlands
josepozo.com

WOA is more than a bunch of bands playing, its the biggest metal meeting, and we are going to have a great time no matter who plays. The 20th anniversary deserved a better lineup, and we all thought that was the reason of increasing the ticket price by 25%. But who cares! we are gonna have the best time over there!

BTW, I saw Metallica last Saturday and AC/DC last Tuesday ;)