need help from native English speakers!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Lucretia schrieb:
okay... in my ears journeying does sound a bit strange too :D

also not bad - but would you buy a shirt which has the URL of a website on it? I was also thinking about it, but I don´t think anyone will buy it - do you?

I've bougth T'shirts with URL's on them before :D

And I LOVE the Carnivor T-shirt, I must have :p

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Lucretia schrieb:
also not bad - but would you buy a shirt which has the URL of a website on it? I was also thinking about it, but I don´t think anyone will buy it - do you?
ME!!! not too bad actually if done well.

DUNGEON always have www.dungeon.cd on their t-shirts

and my Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go backstage Edguy t-shirt also has www.edguy.net underneath....

and especially for something WAY MORE cooler than a band site, it would be a great way of advertising ;)

Skadi

25 Dez. 2004
isn't it the sense to advertise the metal-travel-guide? so why now url? ^^

what about " [.....] route 666 [....] " ? ^^

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
If you think putting URLs on shirts is bad, I have a Nuclear Assault t-shirt somewhere that has their old mailing address printed on the back. :D

Route 666 seems appropriate, but it's been on Maiden shirts, AC/DC websites, comic books, and it's just a little hackneyed by this point.

that said, and a little off-topic, I found this interestingly little history about the real U.S. Route 666 (which ran through desolate areas of New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah) on the US Dept of Transportation's website:

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/infrastructure/us666.htm

Named as such because it was the sixth major highway to branch off of the famous Route 66.

Sadly, two summers ago it was renumbered with the much less demonic "US Route 491"... Again, I blame Bush. :)

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Brat schrieb:
and especially for something WAY MORE cooler than a band site, it would be a great way of advertising ;)

but do you have a cool idea how to add the URL, probably combined with some text?
I still think if I had the choice I wouldn´t buy a shirt with an URL on it unless its my own website or a project I´m involved in - but as you all wanna have it I think I will add one shirt with URL, just for testing :D

@ Skadi
umm, don´t know, actually the main sense is to finally earn some money with that Metal Travel Guide which cost me so much work til now - advertising is not THAT important as the page is promoting itself quite well :)
so what would you put in instead of the ... in that [.....] route 666 [....] thing?

Skadi

25 Dez. 2004
Lucretia schrieb:

@ Skadi
umm, don´t know, actually the main sense is to finally earn some money with that Metal Travel Guide which cost me so much work til now - advertising is not THAT important as the page is promoting itself quite well :)
so what would you put in instead of the ... in that [.....] route 666 [....] thing?

mhmm dunno, i can't think of the right expressions / words...
maybe 'destroying route 666', 'travelling route 666', 'on the route of hell' and things like that :rolleyes:

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
well, theoretically you can order it for Wacken, of course - but actually I don´t have those shirts in stock, you know, they are all printed on demand when someone orders them :rolleyes: So I do have to order them too if I wanna have them :rolleyes:
But I think sooner or later we will order some stuff anyway - what do you think, when will you know if you manage to go?

Skadi

25 Dez. 2004
but do you have a cool idea how to add the URL, probably combined with some text?

if it's printed on the ass, maybe "don't stare at my ass! go stare at metaltravelguide.com!" or something like that