Need German translation

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
what the hell does ""geplottet" (I think) mean?

It was used in the Nuclear Blast website to describe a car sticker..

thanks in advance..

Neither the Leo website, nor my 4 dictionaries help me :confused:

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
uuuuuh, I know what it means but how can I describe it?
I'll try to explain it with a band logo sticker
you know, "normal" car stickers are made of a transparent foil on which the band logo etc is printed - these ones are not "geplottet".
A car sticker which is "geplottet" is kind of ONLY the band logo, but the transparent foil is missing...which means the letters of the logo are only put on a transfer foil, then you put the whole thing onto the car window and only the letters of the logo will stay on the window, but the transfer foil must be taken off.
ehm, I hope you understand it this way...it's just like a normal sticker if you cut out the actual picture and leave away the transparent parts around it...which means that you can look through the window much better because the transparent foil is not there but only the "important" parts like the band logo etc.

or something like that

"geplottet" has to do with "plotter" ;)

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
I was looking for 'Plot..something' but not that was in my dictionaries

Thanks Kate

So, it's a car sticker with a see-through background... Probably like my Wacken car sticker... so that will look better on my car!

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Brat schrieb:
So, it's a car sticker with a see-through background... Probably like my Wacken car sticker... so that will look better on my car!
No, it's better still. It has no see-through background. The sticker is three-part: first you remove the foil protecting the sticky side and have the individual parts of it still attached to a protective covering, then you place it where you want it and remove this covering and have your sticker in place, made up from different parts not attached to each other. A plotted "BRAT" sticker would be four individual letter stickers, not one rectangular one with transparent plastic in-between.

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
mugabe schrieb:
No, it's better still. It has no see-through background. The sticker is three-part: first you remove the foil protecting the sticky side and have the individual parts of it still attached to a protective covering, then you place it where you want it and remove this covering and have your sticker in place, made up from different parts not attached to each other. A plotted "BRAT" sticker would be four individual letter stickers, not one rectangular one with transparent plastic in-between.
yeah thanx for your help
damn that English language :D

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
the only time I'm game enough to drink until I throw up is when I'm within stumbling distance of my bed :D

the last time was over 3 years ago at my at that time b/f's 30th b'day. I drank so much I poisoned myself and couldn't move for 2 days... my Sangria is lethal

TALKHEAVY

Brat schrieb:
the only time I'm game enough to drink until I throw up is when I'm within stumbling distance of my bed :D

the last time was over 3 years ago at my at that time b/f's 30th b'day. I drank so much I poisoned myself and couldn't move for 2 days... my Sangria is lethal
ah yes I rmember - I hope we can exchange our mixtures! My mud Bowle against your Sangria! :D