My country has gone to shit!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

LooseCannon

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
Ever since the Janet Jackson "Boobgate",this country has been on a witchhunt to find what they think is amoral.

The radio show I listen to ,The Don & Mike Show(syndicated nation wide) was one of the victims.2 days after the country saw ONE of Janet Jackson's boobs on TV,Don(of D&M) said the word "bullshit" on the air.He thought they were in delay(they weren't).They were suspended for 2 weeks without pay & had to read a public apology on the air Tues of last week.The show is syndicated through Inifinty Broadcasting(the same network that syndicates Howard Stern)whis is owned by Viacom(the same company that owns CBS TV that ran the "Boobgate").Infinity then said that they have a ZERO TOLERENCE POLICY.They'll fire anyone on the spot that doesn't follow their "moral rule book".D&M didn't know what they could do or not do because nobody told them what the rules were.Fri. they played music to play it safe till they met the Infinity Lawyers Mon. morning.The new rules for the show is,no more sex(no sex jokes,no Sexperts,etc.) & No Excrement(no more fart jokes,etc).

There was a DJ in FLA firied today for having a "racy show"(he's on the Clear Channel network).

A 12 year old kid in the Mid-west has been suspended for 3 days from school for having the Swinsuit Edition of Sports Illustrated & they're thinking of sending him to a "special" school because of this.

The Gov. & the FCC are thinking of regulating cable & satellite TV(HBO,Showtime,etc.).

This is just the beginning,I'm affraid.I'm going to start a petition & have all my American friends sign it & find some way to sue the FCC for infringing on my freedom of choice & expression.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
That's simply sad and - well I don't want to insult anybody.

To be honest, I must say: Yes, your country fucking HAS gone to shit. *shrug* :(

If I understand the part with the 12 year-old correctly, then THAT's REALLY stupid of the authorities and...well it makes me sad and somehow worried. Where will all this stop?

America has become a very strange country recently.
Too many things are going wrong there.
And I'd say it has become a country I don't want to travel to at the moment. Although I have relatives there.

dittohead

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Feb. 2003
'sighs....'

what the hell is wrong with you ppl!!?!?!?!?!

so what you have freedom and speech??
why do you have to publicy "advertise" that fact??

to be fair, we dont exactly have that we get arrest and imprisoned for conspiracy and/or suspicion of ANYTHING to do with subversion

but they get censor-ed, does it really matter? cant they just stick those bloopers on a fuckin repeat of tv + radios favourite fuckin naughty bloopers of all time?!?

shouldnt you concentrate more time in something a lot more....recreational or beneficial?

what because we are not allowed to burn or desecrate a £10 note, due this acts of treason, we get upset????

what do you ppl have to constantly revise the ammendments?? (btw how many of those fuckers do you have??)

so you cant do something cos it pisses of some old laws, who is really hurt??

for me....there may be a new (mental) hospital for ex-offenders being built in a n disused terrace....think about that.

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
Well lot of people in USA are fucking stupid, you know I hate puritains at most, and I hate them even more cause I spent there half of the year :/ There is no freedom in USA.

At least in Czech is fun, czech people just laughed about that crap with Janet. In czech they show naked girls in TV magazines, naked politicians and so on...well long live the freedom :D:D:D

LooseCannon

3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
Originally posted by monochrom
Beware, their dream is an evil one...

True.

This reminds me of the witch hunt my gov. did in the 80's with the PMRC(Parents Music Resource Center) led by Tipper Gore(yes,Al's wife).

They wanted to stomp out "offensive music( ie.-metal,rap,etc.)".

There was senate hearings for this(a waste of tax payers dollars).Dee Snieder,Frank Zappa, & even John Denver sat in front of a senate comitee defending the 1st Ammendment(freedom of speech).

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Originally posted by LooseCannon
True.

This reminds me of the witch hunt my gov. did in the 80's with the PMRC(Parents Music Resource Center) led by Tipper Gore(yes,Al's wife).

They wanted to stomp out "offensive music( ie.-metal,rap,etc.)".

There was senate hearings for this(a waste of tax payers dollars).Dee Snieder,Frank Zappa, & even John Denver sat in front of a senate comitee defending the 1st Ammendment(freedom of speech).

Wasn't there a Jello Biafra case as well?

There has always been that dumb puritan side to America, and whenever it gets too big it is bad news indeed. For America and the world. Let's hope you get the next elections right.

LooseCannon

3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
Originally posted by monochrom
Wasn't there a Jello Biafra case as well?

There has always been that dumb puritan side to America, and whenever it gets too big it is bad news indeed. For America and the world. Let's hope you get the next elections right.

I'm voting for Ralph Nader this election.

Bush? N'uff said.

John Kerry?
The man is too creepy looking.He might scare small children.