$$$ MONEY $$$ (...or lack thereof!)

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
How much do 1 bottle/can cost in the village?

Depends very much on what exactly you are buying.
There's some very cheap sorts of beer, the cheapest one is Oettinger - you'd better avoid this unless you're already drunk. :D And then there's some mid-priced stuff and some expensive stuff.

Some examples:
- Duckstein (extremely expensive) - 0.5l bottle = 1,40 euro :D
- König Pilsener (relatively expensive...or what most people call "normal"), 0.33l bottle = about 50 cent
- Astra (mid-priced beer from Hamburg), 0.33l bottle = about 30 or 35 cent I guess
- 5,0 (cheap but good, available in cans and bottles), 0.5l can = 29 cent
...and everything might be a little more expensive because it's Wacken. But as long as you are in the supermarkets in the village of Wacken, the prices are quite okay.

But don't forget about the deposit:
25 cent per can
25 cent per non-returnable plastic or glass bottle (yes, there's also beer in plastic bottles)
8 cent for most returnable beer bottles
15 cent for swing stopper bottles like this
and 1,50 euro for beer crates as far as I know

So it can be quite expensive if you don't bring your cans and stuff back...and keep an eye on your empty bottles, there's many people who collect them to make some money.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Vonhemming

23 Mai 2008
Suomi - Finland - Perkele
Are there ways to still enjoy yourself, but save a bit of money? Don't laugh... I'm serious! How much do you think one can expect to spend at Wacken? I'm trying to budget, but of course, I have this nagging feeling that I may go a bit overboard in my spending... :p I have already reserved a Wacken tent & sleeping bag there, for a combination of 60 Euros (I couldn't find anything here that's much cheaper; & also I'd have to transport it from Canada!).

I won't be buying CDs, but I expect to buy:
at LEAST 3 t-shirts (...probably 5) :rolleyes:
a drinking horn ;)
a Thor's hammer (I need a new one, especially one from Wacken) :)
and a hoodie (hooded sweater with a print on the front). :cool:
And of course, plenty of meat, fruit, MEAD (my favourite!) and BEER :D !!

Any tips you would recommend to a new Wacken-er for getting the most metal out of every Euro spent?

hmmmm where can you reserve a Wacken tent & sleeping bag? Havent found this option. Myabe im just not good with the internez! also draging around a tent and a bag in the airports and planes sounds a bit too boring :)

Solskinn Av Natten

W:O:A Metalhead
28 März 2008
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
hmmmm where can you reserve a Wacken tent & sleeping bag? Havent found this option. Myabe im just not good with the internez! also draging around a tent and a bag in the airports and planes sounds a bit too boring :)

You're right about that ;) This is why I may give up on Canadian camping supplies and go with German ones, after all! We shall see...

Here is the link you're looking for.
"If you don´t want to travel to Wacken with all the equipment you´re able to get the products at the W:O:A Info Office in Wacken."

Hope that helps :)

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
Depends very much on what exactly you are buying.
There's some very cheap sorts of beer, the cheapest one is Oettinger - you'd better avoid this unless you're already drunk. :D And then there's some mid-priced stuff and some expensive stuff.

Some examples:
- Duckstein (extremely expensive) - 0.5l bottle = 1,40 euro :D
- König Pilsener (relatively expensive...or what most people call "normal"), 0.33l bottle = about 50 cent
- Astra (mid-priced beer from Hamburg), 0.33l bottle = about 30 or 35 cent I guess
- 5,0 (cheap but good, available in cans and bottles), 0.5l can = 29 cent
...and everything might be a little more expensive because it's Wacken. But as long as you are in the supermarkets in the village of Wacken, the prices are quite okay.

But don't forget about the deposit:
25 cent per can
25 cent per non-returnable plastic or glass bottle (yes, there's also beer in plastic bottles)
8 cent for most returnable beer bottles
15 cent for swing stopper bottles like this
and 1,50 euro for beer crates as far as I know

So it can be quite expensive if you don't bring your cans and stuff back...and keep an eye on your empty bottles, there's many people who collect them to make some money.

I can't BELIEVE all the different kinds (& prices) of BEER! :D We don't have such variations here in Canada. Beer is... well... beer.

Thank you for posting so much information! Now I am forewarned and forearmed :p

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Yeah on the other hand the market might be so super exiting, the only thing I really want from there is wacken shirts or such :p

But is 300 euro good enough you think? Or maybe 350?

Depends, first year I spent at least 300 € on merch, probably more.

The other years I've skipped buying more than like a T-shirt or two, then only needed to buy food and beer, didn't spend so much the other years.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
I can't BELIEVE all the different kinds (& prices) of BEER! :D We don't have such variations here in Canada. Beer is... well... beer.

Thank you for posting so much information! Now I am forewarned and forearmed :p

:D yes, it's quite unbelievable...
The good thing is that many of the cheap beers are quite okay. I recommend to you the Astra beer I mentioned...sold in large crates with 30 bottles...and there's also a version called "Astra Rotlicht" with more alcohol :D

You're welcome :D

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
:D yes, it's quite unbelievable...
The good thing is that many of the cheap beers are quite okay. I recommend to you the Astra beer I mentioned...sold in large crates with 30 bottles...and there's also a version called "Astra Rotlicht" with more alcohol :D

You're welcome :D

"Astra Redlight"! Haha... you see stars and red lights when you drink it too much? :p

I only hope that I can carry a crate of 30 bottles from the town of Wacken back to my tent! This sounds heavy! :eek:

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
Depends, first year I spent at least 300 € on merch, probably more.

The other years I've skipped buying more than like a T-shirt or two, then only needed to buy food and beer, didn't spend so much the other years.

300 € !! What cost you so much?

I wonder if this is where my money will go after only a few (5 :D) t-shirts, hoodie, Thor's hammer etc. Guess I will have to be very careful of what I spend!

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.