Metal Band

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Eldrake

24 Juli 2003
USA
Website besuchen
HI everyone!

This is my first post here, so this is a general what's up to all.

METAL RULES!!

ok, and now for the real reason...

Im a lead guitarist from the USA, and I'm looking for a band to join in Europe. I have demo stuff all ready, recoded with some members of a band already established over in Denmark.

Anyone got anything for me? I play a lot like Yngwie and Paul Gilbert...real fast melodic stuff.

Thanks, and rock on everyone.

ELDRAKE

dittohead

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Feb. 2003
im looking to form some sort of band...but what guitar do you have??

my influence...hmmmm does anyone know what the slayer guitarists are called?? :rolleyes:

Eldrake

24 Juli 2003
USA
Website besuchen
my geeetar

well I play an Ibanez Prestige S-series

(if interested...this is it...)

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=S1620FB&z=y

Im a shredder definitely :)

but I have a friend in a band that's already getting going in Denmark, so I'd like to give it a go as well over there. There is NOTHING metal where I live. In fact...everyone boos if anything metal is played at a club around here.

Europe is SO much cooler than the US.

*sigh*

Eldrake

24 Juli 2003
USA
Website besuchen
how is the metal scene in London?

I was there about 3 weeks ago and I only saw 2 clubs in camden that even concerned themselves with metal.

however, I will be in London again around Aug 5th or so...maybe we could jam.

if you know of opportunities from around there...Ill go with it ;)

ELDRAKE

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Hell, I feel your pain. :D I'm a metal guitarist (albeit not much of a lead player...yet!) from Maryland. It's been like pulling teeth to get a band going in this area, although we've got a few decent locals who have managed to pull it off just fine. Worst part is that drummers are near impossible to find! All the decent drummers want to play smooth jazz and Dave Matthews crap. Urgh!

Oh well, good luck with your search and hope all goes well!

Eldrake

24 Juli 2003
USA
Website besuchen
seriously...and the kids that do listen to metal..listen to this stupid nu-metal junk

if I hear limp bizkit ONE more time...i am gonna microwave a free AOL cd

...and a hampster

anyone seen that awful tribute to metallica that limp bizkit did? YUK!

though Korn didnt do too bad...though I never liked them much, and Sum 41 did the best, because they didnt try to change anything to their style...the just played the songs.

seriously though people...give me offers here...I am ready to join and go for it

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by Eldrake
if I hear limp bizkit ONE more time...i am gonna microwave a free AOL cd

LOL! Isn't that fun? Used to do that at all the microwaves at school...a fun little fireworks display! :)

though Korn didnt do too bad...though I never liked them much, and Sum 41 did the best, because they didnt try to change anything to their style...the just played the songs.

I didn't see it, only heard about it...Sum 41 I'm not surprised about. As much as they're just an inane pop punk band, they actually know their metal. I saw them about two years ago, right after they'd just gotten big. Every two or three songs, they'd break into a random metal riff, like "The Trooper", "Four Horsemen", "Shout at the Devil", etc. They even did a part of the show where they did "Bad Metal Riffs", where people just screamed out band names and they played stuff from that band. And their joke metal originals like "Pain for Pleasure" are actually pretty good. :D Maybe someday they'll give up the pop punk and just play some fucking metal!

Still, I heard the worst on that show were Snoop Dogg and Avril Lavigne...hahahahahaha!

Eldrake

24 Juli 2003
USA
Website besuchen
well I suppose I dont have to play like Yngwie...lol

what exactly do you mean alternative?

and where are you guys?

I need info...HIT ME!

oh...nice icon...Eva rules :)

I was really glad when the movies came out to friggin explain it all.

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
well I suppose I dont have to play like Yngwie...lol

what exactly do you mean alternative?

and where are you guys?

I need info...HIT ME!

oh...nice icon...Eva rules :)

I was really glad when the movies came out to friggin explain it all.

Hey! An Eva fan! Nice to see someone finally recognise my icon :D

Alternative I mean...well, the band is a mix of Smashing Pumpkins, John Lennon, Bach, and some punk

I am in hamburg. It is only me in the band right now, I've recorded one and a half albums though...:p

If you're interested I will get the other musicians together as quickly as possible.

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
how is the metal scene in London?

I was there about 3 weeks ago and I only saw 2 clubs in camden that even concerned themselves with metal.

however, I will be in London again around Aug 5th or so...maybe we could jam.

if you know of opportunities from around there...Ill go with it ;)

ELDRAKE

its totaly shit...yeah ill be back from wacken on aug4th...i should have recoverd by then. :p meet me somehow

Eldrake

24 Juli 2003
USA
Website besuchen
I dont remember the place that was playing...but the band Metal Works was playing...it was down in Camden, down by the Locks...

Anyhoo, what ideas do you have in mind band-wise?

I can alter my style pretty easily, but obviously neoclassical metal is my favorite :)

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
Hm I have at home guitar ans bass guitar and I was never able to learn something on it.So I realize that playing instruments is not a thing for me cause I am not perfektionist neither workoholic but fucking lazy so my two guitars will rust in peace.Amen :D:D:D:D

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Hammered_gods
Hm I have at home guitar ans bass guitar and I was never able to learn something on it.

hey cool, me too :D
Maybe you wanna join our great band Grind Guardian? :D Shizzo, mono, Falki, me and some others founded it last week :D We´ll be playing Grindcore versions of Blind Guardian songs with modified lyrics before we´ll split up very soon in order to be cult and underground forever :D