MENDEED@ Wacken Open Air

Dieses Thema im Forum "English News" wurde erstellt von Wacken-News, 19. Januar 2007.

1. Random_dude_667

Random_dude_667 W:O:A Metalhead

A Very "Meh" Announcement

I saw 'em at Download and they weren't too bad, but I was drunk and riding a penguin at the time, so was pretty well amused.........

I'll jsut buy beer when they're on.......

Or go to anotehr stage (but Falconer have been announced, that more than makes up for eveything!!)

2. Atomik Destruktor

Atomik Destruktor Newbie

Their newer stuff is actually a lot better than their older stuff. I quite like this, even though it is still rather 'core. One of the better bands doing this sort of thing. Those melodic vocals have to go though!

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 23. Januar 2007
  3. valerydarcy

valerydarcy Member

I hate tolerance.

4. lordbungle

lordbungle Newbie

easily. its a totally different year.

and how can you say he line up is shite

Billing/Bands 2007
    Amorphis
    Die Apo. Reiter
    Belphegor
    Black Majesty
    Blind Guardian
    Communic
    Destruction
    Dimmu Borgir
    Enslaved
    Falconer
    Grave Digger
    Haggard
    Heaven Shall Burn
    Immortal
    J.B.O.
    Kampfar
    Moonsorrow
    Moonspell
    Municipal Waste
    Sacred Reich
    Samael
    Saxon
    Schandmaul
    Sodom
    Stormwarrior
    Swallow The Sun
    Therion
    TYR
    Vader
    are all shit hot bands plus the fact 1349 are also confirmed all i need now is type o negative and its the best line up they have ever had.

5. Höpi

Höpi W:O:A Metalhead

This is EXACTLY the way I see things for 2007. I like the billing very much, so I won't be whining around because of some core-stuff. It's not my cup of tea, but it's ok, when others are happy about those bands, as long as they're not making the majority of the whole billing ^^

As I similarly said above, I absolutely agree. And I think everybody should, because there's nearly every genre of metal represented in the 07-billing.
    My personal wish still is Sonata Arctica, because I've never seen them performing live, although Power/Speed Metal is not my preferred genre anymore (or has never really been) but somehow I still like Sonata Arctica pretty much.

6. zombiecag

zombiecag W:O:A Metalhead

All we need is Type-O-Negative, GWAR and Manowar and I can die happy...

Unfortunately, I doubt Manowar will play..

But, Type-O or GWAR (preferably GWAR) will be just fine.

:D

7. Spindelta

Spindelta W:O:A Metalhead

I love some of the bands on, but I can understand why some people think it's a shit line-up. If you're not into the German thrash titans, then that removes a large chunk of the goodness. Then looking at the presumably headline slots given to Lacuna Coil, In Flames and Bullet For My Valentine, yeah, I can understand why some people would describe it as poor.

Type O don't do it for me, but i'd like to see some proper doom up there. It's pretty under represented, if we're talking about Wacken showcasing all of metal.

8. Höpi

Well, I don't like Thrash Metal very much either, but these bands represent thrash metal as one genre. I am interested in Folk and Black/Pagan Metal.
    So I am absolutely happy with bands such as Kampfar, Immortal, Belphegor but also Falconer and Blind Guardian and so on. And others will look forward to seeing In Flames or even BfmV live at Wacken.
    To me it's no problem, as long as nearly every metal genre is available in the billing. And that's how it is in 2007! But of course "Metal" means MANY subgenres.

9. Anus layer of logs

Anus layer of logs Newbie

My meaning of true is a band that is whoreized into pretending to be metal and arn't a fashion parade or w/e i dunno im just annoyed because although last year i didn't like some bands they weren't media whore or fake or w/e. im gonna go slit my wrists

10. valerydarcy

valerydarcy Member

this is fine, its the bands which arent metal that are the problem.

11. ILoveLamp

ILoveLamp Newbie

i think what people are doing is focusing on the bad bands rather than the good ones because to the less tolerant people (me :D) see the bad ones first. but now i can see that is an excellent even if a few shit bands are playing although saying this i want more folk/power bands and a couple death metal bands added to that (malevolent creation comes to mind). but then for me i do fucking love Teutonic thrash! KREATOR need to be there!!!! but i mean theres still a load of bands to be announced so we can still sit here and cross our fingers and say how much we hope (-band name here-) will be there

12. Spindelta

Spindelta W:O:A Metalhead

And here's the disagreement. I suspect that most people do not go to Wacken wanting as complete a repertoire of the metal world as possible, they want proper balls-to-the-wall metal that doesn't get nearly enough exposure at other festivals. More than that, they want this in an atmosphere that is exclusive to the hackneyed 'metal' that is suitable for teenagers. Atleast that's what I loved about Wacken, and why this has bothered me so much.

13. Höpi

I see. And I think I know what you mean, especially the atmosphere-thing is an aspect I understand very well. And of course bands like BfmV and those core- or chartbands do NOT fit into the original idea of the Wacken festival.
    I think, the one and only reason for booking such bands is making more money with a huge, modern, young and paying target group.
    What I wanted to say with my last post was just, that I would never complain about the billing, as long as I see enough bands of my preferred genres in it.
    This does NOT mean, that there aren't any bands - especially this year - I wouldn't even want to listen to from the campground. ^^

14. phoenix45000

phoenix45000 Newbie

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have one, and as you can see from above, not enough great/good acts

15. valerydarcy

valerydarcy Member

i think its safe to say that those opinions are nothing to go by.

Diese Seite empfehlen