MENDEED@ Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Random_dude_667

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
A Very "Meh" Announcement

I saw 'em at Download and they weren't too bad, but I was drunk and riding a penguin at the time, so was pretty well amused.........

I'll jsut buy beer when they're on.......

Or go to anotehr stage (but Falconer have been announced, that more than makes up for eveything!!)

25 Juni 2006
Their newer stuff is actually a lot better than their older stuff. I quite like this, even though it is still rather 'core. One of the better bands doing this sort of thing. Those melodic vocals have to go though!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

lordbungle

28 Nov. 2005
Glad that you don't need me, as I certainly don't need people like you telling me that I have no place to voice an opinion, this band suck, as does at least half the bill, how in fuck do they go from the awesomeness of last year to the crapfest that is 2007?

easily. its a totally different year.

and how can you say he line up is shite

Billing/Bands 2007
Amorphis
Die Apo. Reiter
Belphegor
Black Majesty
Blind Guardian
Communic
Destruction
Dimmu Borgir
Enslaved
Falconer
Grave Digger
Haggard
Heaven Shall Burn
Immortal
J.B.O.
Kampfar
Moonsorrow
Moonspell
Municipal Waste
Sacred Reich
Samael
Saxon
Schandmaul
Sodom
Stormwarrior
Swallow The Sun
Therion
TYR
Vader
are all shit hot bands plus the fact 1349 are also confirmed all i need now is type o negative and its the best line up they have ever had.

Höpi

3 Okt. 2006
lordbungle schrieb:
are all shit hot bands plus the fact 1349 are also confirmed all i need now is type o negative and its the best line up they have ever had.

This is EXACTLY the way I see things for 2007. I like the billing very much, so I won't be whining around because of some core-stuff. It's not my cup of tea, but it's ok, when others are happy about those bands, as long as they're not making the majority of the whole billing ^^

Lee Spellcast schrieb:
I for one think the line-up is very good this year. I cant understand why people say it's so bad. What's missing??

As I similarly said above, I absolutely agree. And I think everybody should, because there's nearly every genre of metal represented in the 07-billing.
My personal wish still is Sonata Arctica, because I've never seen them performing live, although Power/Speed Metal is not my preferred genre anymore (or has never really been) but somehow I still like Sonata Arctica pretty much.

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
All we need is Type-O-Negative, GWAR and Manowar and I can die happy...

Unfortunately, I doubt Manowar will play..

But, Type-O or GWAR (preferably GWAR) will be just fine.

:D

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
As I similarly said above, I absolutely agree. And I think everybody should, because there's nearly every genre of metal represented in the 07-billing.

I love some of the bands on, but I can understand why some people think it's a shit line-up. If you're not into the German thrash titans, then that removes a large chunk of the goodness. Then looking at the presumably headline slots given to Lacuna Coil, In Flames and Bullet For My Valentine, yeah, I can understand why some people would describe it as poor.

Type O don't do it for me, but i'd like to see some proper doom up there. It's pretty under represented, if we're talking about Wacken showcasing all of metal.

Höpi

3 Okt. 2006
I love some of the bands on, but I can understand why some people think it's a shit line-up. If you're not into the German thrash titans, then that removes a large chunk of the goodness. Then looking at the presumably headline slots given to Lacuna Coil, In Flames and Bullet For My Valentine, yeah, I can understand why some people would describe it as poor.

Well, I don't like Thrash Metal very much either, but these bands represent thrash metal as one genre. I am interested in Folk and Black/Pagan Metal.
So I am absolutely happy with bands such as Kampfar, Immortal, Belphegor but also Falconer and Blind Guardian and so on. And others will look forward to seeing In Flames or even BfmV live at Wacken.
To me it's no problem, as long as nearly every metal genre is available in the billing. And that's how it is in 2007! But of course "Metal" means MANY subgenres.

22 Jan. 2007
Uk
true metal??....that isnt even a real element of music its a term used to describe ones favourite style. ie/ i would say mendeed are a true metal band but you would disagree.

My meaning of true is a band that is whoreized into pretending to be metal and arn't a fashion parade or w/e i dunno im just annoyed because although last year i didn't like some bands they weren't media whore or fake or w/e. im gonna go slit my wrists

valerydarcy

22 Dez. 2006
UK
www.rebelforcesacademy.tk
Well, I don't like Thrash Metal very much either, but these bands represent thrash metal as one genre. I am interested in Folk and Black/Pagan Metal.
So I am absolutely happy with bands such as Kampfar, Immortal, Belphegor but also Falconer and Blind Guardian and so on. And others will look forward to seeing In Flames or even BfmV live at Wacken.
To me it's no problem, as long as nearly every metal genre is available in the billing. And that's how it is in 2007! But of course "Metal" means MANY subgenres.

this is fine, its the bands which arent metal that are the problem.

ILoveLamp

13 Jan. 2007
i think what people are doing is focusing on the bad bands rather than the good ones because to the less tolerant people (me :D) see the bad ones first. but now i can see that is an excellent even if a few shit bands are playing although saying this i want more folk/power bands and a couple death metal bands added to that (malevolent creation comes to mind). but then for me i do fucking love Teutonic thrash! KREATOR need to be there!!!! but i mean theres still a load of bands to be announced so we can still sit here and cross our fingers and say how much we hope (-band name here-) will be there

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
And others will look forward to seeing In Flames or even BfmV live at Wacken.
To me it's no problem, as long as nearly every metal genre is available in the billing.

And here's the disagreement. I suspect that most people do not go to Wacken wanting as complete a repertoire of the metal world as possible, they want proper balls-to-the-wall metal that doesn't get nearly enough exposure at other festivals. More than that, they want this in an atmosphere that is exclusive to the hackneyed 'metal' that is suitable for teenagers. Atleast that's what I loved about Wacken, and why this has bothered me so much.

Höpi

3 Okt. 2006
And here's the disagreement. I suspect that most people do not go to Wacken wanting as complete a repertoire of the metal world as possible, they want proper balls-to-the-wall metal that doesn't get nearly enough exposure at other festivals. More than that, they want this in an atmosphere that is exclusive to the hackneyed 'metal' that is suitable for teenagers. Atleast that's what I loved about Wacken, and why this has bothered me so much.

I see. And I think I know what you mean, especially the atmosphere-thing is an aspect I understand very well. And of course bands like BfmV and those core- or chartbands do NOT fit into the original idea of the Wacken festival.
I think, the one and only reason for booking such bands is making more money with a huge, modern, young and paying target group.
What I wanted to say with my last post was just, that I would never complain about the billing, as long as I see enough bands of my preferred genres in it.
This does NOT mean, that there aren't any bands - especially this year - I wouldn't even want to listen to from the campground. ^^

phoenix45000

20 Aug. 2006
easily. its a totally different year.

and how can you say he line up is shite (by the following statements for each band)

Billing/Bands 2007
Amorphis (Kind of cool)
Die Apo. Reiter (no way, rubbish)
Belphegor (not really exciting)
Black Majesty (who???)
Blind Guardian (Boring live)
Communic (meh, watchable)
Destruction (always good)
Dimmu Borgir (nope, rubbish)
Enslaved (quite cool)
Falconer (nope, not worth paying to go to germany for)
Grave Digger (seen them before, cool, but again, not the big draw)
Haggard (hmm... While interesting... Not really it)
Heaven Shall Burn (BWAHAHAHAHA)
Immortal (be kind of cool, but nowhere near Emperor)
J.B.O. (WHO????)
Kampfar (be ok I guess)
Moonsorrow (good band, but doing all over europe too)
Moonspell (same again)
Municipal Waste (excellent crossover band, but can see them in a local sweatbox for 1/100th of the cost)
Sacred Reich (be cool, but not cool enough)
Samael (Nah not it)
Saxon (seen loads of times, so not really worth the trip)
Schandmaul (WHO???)
Sodom (be excellent)
Stormwarrior (saw them at bs 05, very good)
Swallow The Sun (hmm... not too bad)
Therion (kind of cool, but doing everywhere else)
TYR (pretty cool)
Vader (excellent, but again, seen them in a local sweatbox for 1/100th the cost)

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have one, and as you can see from above, not enough great/good acts