Manowar at Wacken!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

MetalDave81

23 Nov. 2003
London, England
Website besuchen
OK hopefully you have all read my previous post about Iced Earth!

WHO WOULD LOVE TO SEE MANOWAR PLAY WACKEN!!!!!

HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE!

Come on, seriously, MANOWAR are one of the few bands that everyone, independent of what genre of metal they love, would love to see at WACKEN!

No matter what, Wacken will be awesome again this year but come on ICED EARTH AND MANOWAR.

At the end pf the day I would hope we are all BROTHERS OF METAL!

MetalDave81

23 Nov. 2003
London, England
Website besuchen
So you do not like Manowar???? WTF!

Come on guys MANOWAR!

I am looking forward to Primal Fear, especially after the new album!

MANOWAR rule, I was there last year and I reckon that Manowar along with Iced Earth had the stongest following!

Maybe I went suddenly blind! But that is what I thought I saw!

Anyway fuck the bands (Although we all have out favourites),we the fans are what makes Wacken GREAT!

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
I am looking forward to Hammered_gods's comment on this topic. :D

As Manowar is kinda popular among "mainstream" people, I would fear that this band might attract too many pop fans who'd think, oh, I've seen Manowar on TV yesterday, why not go and have a look at one of their concerts. :rolleyes: Everyone knows them. Not only real metalheads. I hope somebody understands my point of view.

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
and: no, I don't like Manowar...
...when I first read their lyrics, I found out that this is one of the most boring bands in the world...although they have produced some classic metal songs...

Well I'm tired. I have problems with constructing proper English sentences. I'd better go to bed and in the morning find out what other people think about this topic. See ya.

MetalDave81

23 Nov. 2003
London, England
Website besuchen
NO WAY!

I can only comment from the point of view of England but Manowar gets no play over here and yet there are people who still love their stuff!

From my point of view I do not know where you ar ecoming from saying that Manowar are 'POP'!

Hey Kate are you on MSN?

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
Originally posted by MetalDave81
Fair enough Kate I wish I could speak German aswell as you can evidently speak English!

Stay METAL!
yeah, but I need longer and longer for constructing my sentences...man, that day was a bit too much for me :D
well I'm doing my very best :) and I had some good teachers

\m/ good night :)

PS...of course, IF Manowar would appear at WOA, I would go and see them on stage. I must admit that.

hehe...just remembered that the combination of "if"+"would" isn't correct...:D well who cares - good night *yawn*

MetalDave81

23 Nov. 2003
London, England
Website besuchen
The use of IF and WOULD sounds correct to me and I have lived in England for 23 years! Hopefully I know. Anyway. fuck that shit! Much respect for knowing another language other than your native tongue I would love to learn German! Just sooo hard to start!

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
NO WAY!

I can only comment from the point of view of England but Manowar gets no play over here and yet there are people who still love their stuff!

From my point of view I do not know where you ar ecoming from saying that Manowar are 'POP'!

Hey Kate are you on MSN?
I didn't say that they ARE pop.

I only said that due to the fact that they are probably the most well-known metal band on this planet they are relatively famous even among those who listen to pop.

Well, in Germany there's some metal on the music channels on TV - though only at certain times, mainly at night - and especially when Warriors of the World was released, that song/video was played there quite often. Which made their albums sell like hell and of course made "normal pop listeners" familiar with their music.

Manowar appeared as guests of one of the most successful German late night/comedy shows on TV. (Actually I am not even sure if they didn't appear on TWO of the most successful shows...)

Manowar played in Cologne on the occasion of a pop (!) fair. Thousands of people came, not only metalheads.

No, they are no "pop".
But sometimes it almost looks as if they were.

Yup, I'm on MSN. Although I rarely allow people to enter my secret MSN realm...;) I'm sending you a PM...but PLEASE not tonight...it's 3 a.m. in Germany...and as I already said: I'm fucking tired.

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
The use of IF and WOULD sounds correct to me and I have lived in England for 23 years! Hopefully I know. Anyway. fuck that shit! Much respect for knowing another language other than your native tongue I would love to learn German! Just sooo hard to start!
well I was taught that you must say "If I went to Wacken, I would see many bands" but not "If I would go to Wacken, I would see many bands"...notice the difference?

I guess it's OK in colloquial style.

Aaargh, good night...
or if you want you can quickly try to contact me via MSN, just to check if it works

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
OK hopefully you have all read my previous post about Iced Earth!

WHO WOULD LOVE TO SEE MANOWAR PLAY WACKEN!!!!!

HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE!

Come on, seriously, MANOWAR are one of the few bands that everyone, independent of what genre of metal they love, would love to see at WACKEN!

No matter what, Wacken will be awesome again this year but come on ICED EARTH AND MANOWAR.

At the end pf the day I would hope we are all BROTHERS OF METAL!

I consider myself metalhead, find Iced Earth very obnoxious and boring and consider Manowar mostly irrelevant (But at least very funny). So I'm very glad that both these bands don't play at Wacken, would only rise the overall price.