IMPORTANT-Credit cards problems/Metaltix?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Tony67

11 Feb. 2009
Elsass , France
Hello everybody ,

I searched the forum but found nothing about my problem so here I go :

We're a group of 10 people going to Wacken since 2006. Last week, four of us have had their credit cards being "hacked".
About 600€ were "stolen" from my account and my friends had the same problem (one had -300€ another one -150..).
All these payments went to differents companies in Spain or in the UK like Sky digital or 02 UK .
Now , the only thing , we four , bought in common in the internet is the WOA 2010 ticket from Metaltix .
So I would like to know if somebody here has had the same problem, and I bet yes .
We all live in the same city in France and I don't believe the coincidence .
So please let me know if some of you have experienced the same situation !

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Both me and a friend of mine had random charges on our cards recently too... only mine were made from local US stores... at least I think they're local.

I haven't bought a Wacken ticket from them, only a shirt some time ago.

I hope that's not the reason... :eek:

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
When my friend [also on the forum] got hers stolen within days of mine, I wondered if there was a link...

Really hope it's someone who hacked into Metaltix rather than Metaltix themselves, if that's what caused it all.

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
That would make sense..

I've used both of my cards on that site and BOTH of them got hijacked. My credit card I used this past time, my debit I used in 2008 to buy 2009 tickets.

I'm not jumping the gun on this obviously, seeing millions of cards get stolen every year it could be coincidence.

Were any of your transactions on computer stuff in the USA? BOTH of my cards were used on computer stuff.

Tony67

11 Feb. 2009
Elsass , France
Really hope it's someone who hacked into Metaltix rather than Metaltix themselves, if that's what caused it all.

That is also what I believe in . There is surely a lack of security on their website. So that's why i'd like to know if other people had the same problem ..

magik

29 März 2010
credit card problems too

I believe Metaltix would rather use a secure way to pay, like Paypal or any other, 'cause none of the stage of payment is a secure one....

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
That is also what I believe in . There is surely a lack of security on their website. So that's why i'd like to know if other people had the same problem ..

Mon avis, contactez l'entreprise qui gère ta carte de crédit, et dites-leur que le système là-bas a été hacké. T'es pas le premier, il y a aussi un thread dans le forum germanophone concernant le même problème.

J'ai acheté mon ticket en septembre, pas eu de problèmes.

My advice, contact the credit card company and tell them that their system has been hacked. You're not the 1st to come with this problem, there is a thread in the German speaking part as well.

Bought mine, and no problems.
Must be September.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Mon avis, contactez l'entreprise qui gère ta carte de crédit, et dites-leur que le système là-bas a été hacké. T'es pas le premier, il y a aussi un thread dans le forum germanophone concernant le même problème.

J'ai acheté mon ticket en septembre, pas eu de problèmes.

My advice, contact the credit card company and tell them that their system has been hacked. You're not the 1st to come with this problem, there is a thread in the German speaking part as well.

Bought mine, and no problems.
Must be September.

Et avant que je n'oublie, informez Metaltix bien sûr! Si non, ils continueront d'accepter les paiements par CC!

And before I forget, inform Metaltix of course! If not, they'll continue to accept these payments by CC!

Tony67

11 Feb. 2009
Elsass , France
J'ai déjà contacté ma banque et fait le nécessaire pour être remboursé . Simplement , j'aimerais que Metaltix se rende compte de cela et qu'ils fassent quelque chose pour combler les failles de leur site . Je leur ai envoyé un mail auquel j'ai reçu une réponse tres brève : Nous allons regarder .
Je viens donc d'envoyer un mail directement à l'orga du Wacken pour leur demander de faire pression ..

Merci pour les réponses en Français ;)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
J'ai déjà contacté ma banque et fait le nécessaire pour être remboursé . Simplement , j'aimerais que Metaltix se rende compte de cela et qu'ils fassent quelque chose pour combler les failles de leur site . Je leur ai envoyé un mail auquel j'ai reçu une réponse tres brève : Nous allons regarder .
Je viens donc d'envoyer un mail directement à l'orga du Wacken pour leur demander de faire pression ..

Merci pour les réponses en Français ;)

De rien! (J'habite en Belgique, donc....)

Ben, tu peux pas faire mieux. Juste attendre. Mais bon, cela ne résoude pas ton problème tout de suite.

Reste vigilent quand-même. On ne sait jamais!

Gash

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Sep. 2006
Gelderland
www.last.fm
One of the reasons I don't have a credit card.. I've never trusted the whole system. And you don't really need one in Europe anyways. At least not in the countries that I often visit (Netherlands, Germany, Sweden).