IMPORTANT-Credit cards problems/Metaltix?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
well it could be him anyways, most hackers don't use the creditcard info themselfs.. because it's easy to track.. so they sell the info they've got to other people.. who then use the info.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
well it could be him anyways, most hackers don't use the creditcard info themselfs.. because it's easy to track.. so they sell the info they've got to other people.. who then use the info.

Could be, but I think that'd be too obvious, he'd be the first one Wacken asks about it. I bet someone else just noticed it was vulnerable after he hacked it, and took advantage of it.

Gash

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Sep. 2006
Gelderland
www.last.fm
Well, try to "PIN" in Germany with your Dutch/Belgian bank account (debit card) for a change! In Germany it's getting better but it is still difficult to pay an ordinairy supermarket with a foreign debit card! (had the problem in Heide last year "bei den Frauen")

Edit Piaf zegt: Gas stations are now more accessable for that matter.

Really? I never really had problems with it.. In Sweden I even pay with my debit card in the bus etc.. it all works fine. Not too sure about Germany, but it's never a problem at ATM's.

Serial

18 März 2010
Today my credit card was attempted to be charged wit 698€ to buy airplane tickets at travelocity.com

I have a special credit card for online shopping and the only thing I bought in the last 6 months was: My wacken tickets at Metaltix

My money hasn't been stolen because I have a double security pin via mobile SMS. But the attempt was made.

My best friend had less luck. He also bought 2 tickets for wacken at Metalix and more than 500€ have been withdrawn from he's bank account last weekend to buy airplane tickets at ryanair.com

Either Metalitix is victim of credit card hackers and their website is insecure, or they have a internal employee selling client card numbers.

I have contacted Metaltix this afternoon to explain what has happend to my friend and myself and this time I'm still waiting for a reply from thim (will followup as soon as I can).

EVERYBODY BE WARNED IF YOU BUY AT METALTIX UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

Tony67

11 Feb. 2009
Elsass , France
Shit ... here is what Metaltix answered to my mail :

Hi,

we're so sorry about it. So we contacted our IT support to solve the
problem.

Many greetings

Don't know what to expect ..

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
huh... strange thing this problem...

If the only coincidence in the bills are the metaltix tickets... then, be aware, or buy tickets from other sites (i think nuclear blast was selling them? dunno it for sure) while this gets solved...

For €uro countries, try to pay via "Vorkasse" and ask the SEPA codes (IBAN+BIC)
That's even safer!
For people outside €uroland, I wouldn't know.