I quit....

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
No, I'm not going to quit this forum, you're all much too dear for me to get rid of.

No, I've decided to quit smoking. So, as from today (after my very last cigarette that I can make out of my tobacco (I guess typical Dutch habit, though also known in Belgium and Germany) I'll throw it away, and not buy myself a new one)

The reason has 4 letters, and is called Owen.

So.. I guess I can use all your support in the coming days, as this is one of the most difficult things I've ever done in my life.

So far only 2 people here knew about this action.
I would like to thank them in particular for their neverending support they've given me so far.

@Sipylein. Danke meine Süße, ein grosses "Dankeschön". Von dir kam eigentlich der letzte Schritt den ich brauchte. *Kussgibt*
@FeM. Thank you too! For the encouragements you've given me so far over IM. *giveskiss*

For the both of you, I'll be needing you in coming time as well. And I know you'll be there for me!

For the other ones, I'll need your support as hard as theirs!

So...... Here goes nothing! (in both ways ;) :D)

Flauwe grappen of andere botte opmerkingen mag u voor u houden, da kann ich jetzt wirklich auf verzichten!

(here we go...)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

bumpzilla

W:O:A Metalhead
quitting smoking is not easy, i quit cold turkey when i was 16, took about a week or so, and all my friends told me i acted like a monster!!! i would yell at people for no reason, and look like i was freaking out all the time. the teachers told me to go home and wait it out there, but my mom would have been pissed if she knew i smoked, so i just made it through the best i could. and after that was over, i turned back into my happy self, and everybody was happy for me. some of the teachers i had tried to quit cold turkey and they couldnt do it. they thought i was crazy for making it through, but ever since then i had no craving for a cigarette ever again. and if i did buy a pack of smokes, i would only smoke about 4 or 5 of the cigarettes and give the rest to my brother. i am so glad i quit smoking. i was pretty bad when i did smoke, it would be about 2 or 3 packs a day, and i started smoking when i was 10, a year before i became an alcoholic really bad, so i had two vices to get over, and i chose smoking at that time, i quit drinking for 3 years when i turned 17. now i only drink in moderation.

well, best of luck to you. yes it may seem like a hard thing to do, but just remember, they are only tiny little things that can be easily squashed with the right mind set, and it looks like you already have a good enough reason to stay on task. you can do it ;)

FromTheToedden

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Mai 2007
Wald von Dunwyn
I've quitted smoking before 2-3 years, after over ten years of smoking

Smoked from 14 to 26 or so

Good Luck !

Me helped much a calender where you can see the days, since you stopped

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Glad to hear it Q, you'll make it for sure!

The way I did it was to stay away from beer for a few weeks, since beers for me made me want to smoke.

You have a nice reason to stop though, and as long as you really want to you'll make it without any real probelms.

Cheers!

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
well you've heard it enough from me, but i know you can do it!! it'll be hard at first, but pretty soon you'll be good for the rest of your life. good luck! :]

Sipyloidea

W:O:A Metalgod
19 März 2007
No, I'm not going to quit this forum, you're all much too dear for me to get rid of.

No, I've decided to quit smoking. So, as from today (after my very last cigarette that I can make out of my tobacco (I guess typical Dutch habit, though also known in Belgium and Germany) I'll throw it away, and not buy myself a new one)

The reason has 4 letters, and is called Owen.

So.. I guess I can use all your support in the coming days, as this is one of the most difficult things I've ever done in my life.

So far only 2 people here knew about this action.
I would like to thank them in particular for their neverending support they've given me so far.

@Sipylein. Danke meine Süße, ein grosses "Dankeschön". Von dir kam eigentlich der letzte Schritt den ich brauchte. *Kussgibt*
@FeM. Thank you too! For the encouragements you've given me so far over IM. *giveskiss*

For the both of you, I'll be needing you in coming time as well. And I know you'll be there for me!

For the other ones, I'll need your support as hard as theirs!

So...... Here goes nothing! (in both ways ;) :D)

Flauwe grappen of andere botte opmerkingen mag u voor u houden, da kann ich jetzt wirklich auf verzichten!

(here we go...)

I'm glad I found the right words to convince you :-*
Even if it was more coincidentially... (hat meine Angst vor Schwangerschaft ja zufaellig was Gutes mit sich gebracht ;) )

gee jay

11 März 2008
White Plains, New York
Best of Luck !!
It's tough for a couple of weeks,then gradually, your system starts to clean out.
Drinking and coffee go hand in hand with smoking, you may have to cut them out for a awhile as well.
Gum or hard candy can help a little.

Took about a dozen times before I finally kicked the habit.
If you can go a couple of months without caving in, you should be able to quit for good. Or so " they" say..

Again..Good Luck to you !!!

LooseCannon

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
I come from a family of smokers.My mom had open heart surgery 3 years ago & she quit right then & there.I usually don't smoke,but when I'm super drunk,I do borrow smokes from friends.

It's a bad habit & I'm glad you're quitting.If you ever need someone to vent on when you're stressed out,just IM me instead of picking up a cig,ok?