I need Wacken 2014 friends!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
OP
If the internet fails you, there's always the option of starting to look for friends at the train station (I assume you're going by public transport?), strike up a conversation and ask if it's ok to camp with someone (or you can do that when you get there too). But anyways, it's really not likely that you'll end up a nigel even if you camp by yourself. Often it's as simple as saying "yes" or "ok" to random proposals as you stroll through the campsite :D Making friends with people who remembered to bring a marquee is a good idea too :p

Which reminds me, I'm looking for a companion to travel with me with the Metal Train. Free ride included. Departure from Cologne.

whyvonrusty

18 Aug. 2013
Glasgow
OP
If the internet fails you, there's always the option of starting to look for friends at the train station (I assume you're going by public transport?), strike up a conversation and ask if it's ok to camp with someone (or you can do that when you get there too). But anyways, it's really not likely that you'll end up a nigel even if you camp by yourself. Often it's as simple as saying "yes" or "ok" to random proposals as you stroll through the campsite :D Making friends with people who remembered to bring a marquee is a good idea too :p

You summed up horseplay much better than I ever could. There's actually a sign at the train station near me saying 'no horseplay' ha ha. As for saying 'yes' or 'ok' to random proposals, knowing my luck I'd end up married! :p
I'm unsure as to how I'll be travelling as yet, considering going with Argon Events which will simplify planning greatly.
I'm mostly friendly and chatty (mood dependant) so I reckon I'll be alright :cool:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
You summed up horseplay much better than I ever could. There's actually a sign at the train station near me saying 'no horseplay' ha ha. As for saying 'yes' or 'ok' to random proposals, knowing my luck I'd end up married! :p
I'm unsure as to how I'll be travelling as yet, considering going with Argon Events which will simplify planning greatly.
I'm mostly friendly and chatty (mood dependant) so I reckon I'll be alright :cool:

Train is much more exiting!
But I don't know how much it'll take you to go from Glasgow to London (St. Pancrass Int.) ? From there it's only 2 hrs to Brussels Midi/Zuid (south). (actually: 2hrs travel, but 3hrs in time)

Koldawne

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada

I did my first Wacken this year and will highly recommend having someone else do your set-up. For camping check out Ready-to-rock. They are awesome and nothing beats not having to set up a tent or take one down when you get there/leave. Arriving to a fully set up tent was great! Also, if you use them you get to be in a nice location which is also more quiet than the 'main' campgrounds and also closer to the stages ;)

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia

Well my first Wacken was in 2010. I was walking through the camp on my way to the main stages when these two young fellows stopped me and started saying stuff like "I say hip you say hop. Hip-". Anyway next thing I know they asked "would you like to drink out of a watermelon with us?" to which I said yes. I saw one entire set while sleeping standing up, and bits of only 5 other bands that year, and bought one beer but was too drunk to put myself to bed each night :p I ended up camping with them again in 2012 and 2013.

whyvonrusty

18 Aug. 2013
Glasgow
Well my first Wacken was in 2010. I was walking through the camp on my way to the main stages when these two young fellows stopped me and started saying stuff like "I say hip you say hop. Hip-". Anyway next thing I know they asked "would you like to drink out of a watermelon with us?" to which I said yes. I saw one entire set while sleeping standing up, and bits of only 5 other bands that year, and bought one beer but was too drunk to put myself to bed each night :p I ended up camping with them again in 2012 and 2013.

Awesome! I do enjoy an alcoholic watermelon ha ha. I seriously can't wait, it's always been a goal but it's taken till now to have the money (and balls) to go it alone :)