Hamburg to Wacken Daily (?)

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
14 Juni 2018
So I am travelling with a friend who is insisting on staying in Hamburg. He doesn't want to camp on the grounds because he is worried about the safety and things sleeping back at the hotel will be more comfortable and worry free. I have kept another option in mind for my self, but in case I go ahead with his plan, we will be travelling from Hamburg to Wacken daily. Is this possible? Since the show will end around 3 am daily, would it be logical and possible to go and come back daily via shuttle bus and train? I have also thought of getting the shuttle bus direct from our hotel IBIS Airport- Wacken which on the festicket site says will be at the ground at 3pm daily and will leave after the show. This means we will miss many bands playing before 3, hence he is against it.
I just want to know if these options are logical and if anyone has done this before.

DarkMudFighter

feiert seinen Titel
13 Juli 2017
NordseeKüste
So I'm from Hamburg.
Hamburg to Wacken is about 60 km.
By car you need more than an hour.
If you want to go by taxi you have to count on 120 to 160 € per trip.
There and back 220 to 320 € per day and the festival goes on for 4 days!
By train or bus you should count 2 hours.
At the moment there are construction sites everywhere on the highways which is why there are many traffic jams and delays.
By train you have to travel to itzehoh and wacken from there by bus.
In a few words it makes no sense at all.
But i can reassure you and your friend i have been to some festivals and the Wacken (this year my 7th time) is in my opinion one of the safest festivals. Here in hamburg it is definitely more dangerous than in Wacken.

I wish you both much fun on the sacred ground. Greetings from Hamburg :)

and sorry for my bad english :ugly:

14 Juni 2018
So I'm from Hamburg.
Hamburg to Wacken is about 60 km.
By car you need more than an hour.
If you want to go by taxi you have to count on 120 to 160 € per trip.
There and back 220 to 320 € per day and the festival goes on for 4 days!
By train or bus you should count 2 hours.
At the moment there are construction sites everywhere on the highways which is why there are many traffic jams and delays.
By train you have to travel to itzehoh and wacken from there by bus.
In a few words it makes no sense at all.
But i can reassure you and your friend i have been to some festivals and the Wacken (this year my 7th time) is in my opinion one of the safest festivals. Here in hamburg it is definitely more dangerous than in Wacken.

I wish you both much fun on the sacred ground. Greetings from Hamburg :)

and sorry for my bad english :ugly:

Thank you! This was informative. I will most definitely look into the camping option. I still don't know why my friend feels staying at the hotel in Hamburg will be good but I won't be able to change his mind I guess. See you at Wacken, my friend! I will be the drunk, long haired indian dude with my battle vest on, headbanging like a crazy mofo :angel:

acryd

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Aug. 2016
HH
Laut meiner neuesten Informationen war die GSL Serie bereits testweise im Einsatz. Hoffentlich wird da noch was verbessert damit Heller than Loud auf hört

Thank you! This was informative. I will most definitely look into the camping option. I still don't know why my friend feels staying at the hotel in Hamburg will be good but I won't be able to change his mind I guess. See you at Wacken, my friend! I will be the drunk, long haired indian dude with my battle vest on, headbanging like a crazy mofo :angel:

Actually he kinda right, depending on the whereabout in Hamburg where you are staying the distance between your hotel and the festival site varys between 60km (from the airport) to 80km (mid west hh, where i live) to about 100km east hh.
Taking public transport is no suitable option as trains dont take the festival opening times into account, so you would miss a lot of bands every day.
The only solution is taking a cab ride. and actually its not that expensive as darkmudfighter pointed out.
There is a local guy in wacken who operates a cab service and offered fix prices for some destinations, like hh airport or hh central station, which was 80eur per ride.
Depending on your stay the time to travel there is a bit varying on the time of the day due to some construction sites on the highway, and the local commuter rushhour. During rushhour your would currently need to plan about 2 hours to get to the festival if you start somewehre near the central station. during the night, you might be as fast as 45 minutes.

If you would contact the person in advance and try to make a deal with him, like taking 2 daily rides for the whole festival, you might get a discount. as he announced it on facebook, i can just give you the link to the post, but you have to check for yourself.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&set=gm.1047911135357366&type=3&theater&ifg=1

But in general, i would not want to miss camping and the rest of the atmosphere, so if you can, stay at the fetival

DarkMudFighter

feiert seinen Titel
13 Juli 2017
NordseeKüste

It was a pleasure for me . :)
See you in the pit :D

Actually he kinda right, depending on the whereabout in Hamburg where you are staying the distance between your hotel and the festival site varys between 60km (from the airport) to 80km (mid west hh, where i live) to about 100km east hh.
Taking public transport is no suitable option as trains dont take the festival opening times into account, so you would miss a lot of bands every day.
The only solution is taking a cab ride. and actually its not that expensive as darkmudfighter pointed out.
There is a local guy in wacken who operates a cab service and offered fix prices for some destinations, like hh airport or hh central station, which was 80eur per ride.
Depending on your stay the time to travel there is a bit varying on the time of the day due to some construction sites on the highway, and the local commuter rushhour. During rushhour your would currently need to plan about 2 hours to get to the festival if you start somewehre near the central station. during the night, you might be as fast as 45 minutes.

If you would contact the person in advance and try to make a deal with him, like taking 2 daily rides for the whole festival, you might get a discount. as he announced it on facebook, i can just give you the link to the post, but you have to check for yourself.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&set=gm.1047911135357366&type=3&theater&ifg=1

But in general, i would not want to miss camping and the rest of the atmosphere, so if you can, stay at the fetival

With 120 - 160 € I was referring to a normal taxi ride.
That there are some which offer a fixed price from Wacken to hamburg I did not know.
Where 80 € per trip again 160 € per day means. These are for 4 days 640 €!
Think how much beer you could drink from it :ugly:

Sullivan

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Jan. 2016
Rental car is an option, too. Should be less expensive than taking a cab.
But camping in Wacken is definitely the best you can do. You'll miss a lot of bands, a lot of fun and a lot of new friends if you don't.