Going alone

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

tDa

5 Mai 2013
Hello,

I'm going to Wacken alone this year. I was there before (2010), but with friends - some of those same friends were going to go this year too, but they canceled. I already have my festival and plane tickets in hand, so I'm going no matter what. Having previously experienced how much less fun it is to go to a festival alone, I'm hoping to avoid repeating the experience. Although I could just strike up a conversation with a random set of campers at the campgrounds there, I'd much rather have this kind of awkwardness out of the way immediately.

Basically, does anyone feel like having me camping near them, hanging out with them, etc?

I'm a mid-20s male living in Scandinavia (and as you can probably tell, one who doesn't like publishing too much private information in a public setting, though I would gladly share a lot more in private), mostly into extreme metal (with some notable exceptions), not very keen on power metal, and will come bearing a tray of beer. :)

I'll be arriving on the 30th of July around midday.

Feel free to ask any questions you feel like!

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Hello,

I'm going to Wacken alone this year. I was there before (2010), but with friends - some of those same friends were going to go this year too, but they canceled. I already have my festival and plane tickets in hand, so I'm going no matter what. Having previously experienced how much less fun it is to go to a festival alone, I'm hoping to avoid repeating the experience. Although I could just strike up a conversation with a random set of campers at the campgrounds there, I'd much rather have this kind of awkwardness out of the way immediately.

Basically, does anyone feel like having me camping near them, hanging out with them, etc?

I'm a mid-20s male living in Scandinavia (and as you can probably tell, one who doesn't like publishing too much private information in a public setting, though I would gladly share a lot more in private), mostly into extreme metal (with some notable exceptions), not very keen on power metal, and will come bearing a tray of beer. :)

I'll be arriving on the 30th of July around midday.

Feel free to ask any questions you feel like!

As we always say in the other gazillion threads with the exact same question.
Just keep socializing on the forum, specially a thread like this one: http://forum.wacken.com/showthread.php?t=203532 and you'll be fine.

tDa

5 Mai 2013
Ah, thank you! :)

Excuse the slow reply, please - I'm too busy to even think of forums on a regular basis, these days.

Tri-6

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
I'm going pretty much alone...well a buddy who isn't a metal head is going with me but he's just a drunk looking to go to Germany...and get drunk.

Should be fun but I need to meet metalheads to hangout with and talk metal. Hope that isn't a problem with only 75k people... :D

tDa

5 Mai 2013
Tri-6: Wanna meet up? :)
Note, while I do enjoy drinking, I hate being drunk - so don't expect me to down 10 beers in an hour. :p

P.S., be careful with, or keep away from the metbier (mead mixed with beer), the stuff is vomit-inducingly sweet. I haven't tried the meth (yes, I know what you think, but it's just German for mead), given that mead mixed with beer was sweet enough. I could stomach half a mug of the metbier before being sick and throwing the rest away.

Alix: Haha, ain't that the truth? :D

Tri-6

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
I'm up for meeting and drinking with all my fellow metalheads! I plan on getting hammered but on a slow buildup through the day so I don't miss shows. We have the Ready to Rock people doing our tent so I have no idea where we are camping at. I plan on sticking to a lot of pils and other styles, I'm sure at the fest I'll be chugging a lot of Beck's and other standard biers but I hope to try as much German bier as possible.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Tri-6: Wanna meet up? :)
Note, while I do enjoy drinking, I hate being drunk - so don't expect me to down 10 beers in an hour. :p

P.S., be careful with, or keep away from the metbier (mead mixed with beer), the stuff is vomit-inducingly sweet. I haven't tried the meth (yes, I know what you think, but it's just German for mead), given that mead mixed with beer was sweet enough. I could stomach half a mug of the metbier before being sick and throwing the rest away.

Alix: Haha, ain't that the truth? :D

It's called MET in German, not meth. *just saying* ;)

tDa

5 Mai 2013
Quark: My bad... though you can understand my confusion, given signs like these (I took this photo; yeah - I found it a bit amusing at the time. :p ).

r9ivyw.jpg

tDa

5 Mai 2013
Or maybe they just wanted to be funny :D

Tri-6: Well, we'll find out, I guess - hope it's not an area reserved solely for their customers, as I'm bringing my own tent.