First Time at Wacken! What should I bring?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
14 Juli 2008
Hey, this is the first time coming to Wacken, flying from the UK, and I was wondering what the best things to take with me were. Things that are essential for the festival and that can be taken on a plane without them being confiscated. I'll be taking things like toilet paper, tent and sleeping bag and maybe a change of clothes, but what else?

*PSX*

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Hey, this is the first time coming to Wacken, flying from the UK, and I was wondering what the best things to take with me were. Things that are essential for the festival and that can be taken on a plane without them being confiscated. I'll be taking things like toilet paper, tent and sleeping bag and maybe a change of clothes, but what else?

*PSX*

Boots. If you look at the weather forecast, it will be very muddy this year. Wacken needs just five raindrops to get a big swamp.

The Rockit's

6 Jan. 2008
New England Sea Coast
I've been keeping an eye on the weather over there. Thanks Kate! Good to know.

On one thread someone said "bring a flashlight as it can be quite dark walking back to your camp area".

Vonhemming

23 Mai 2008
Suomi - Finland - Perkele

*PSX*

Visa or someother credit card + a passport, what more do you need? ;) Ok cloths are fine too dont know how the festival people react to nudity)

slayerofrage

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Juli 2006
Stockport
www.isitbeeroclock.com
As a seasoned wacken traveller there are things you should bring...

My packing list usually includes:-

Clothes - If its hot shorts t-shirts but some warm stuff for the nights
Tent
European health card - It helps for free medcare
Passport
Wet weather clothes - trust me you dont want to use them but 2005 i was knee deep in mud it always helps to have them there
Warm jacket - It gets cold at night especially wandering about partying in campsites.
Sleeping bag
Roll mat - The ground gets really cold out there and most fields have mole hills
Toilet roll - the bogs usually have them, but its good to have cos the toilet roll they use is more like sandpaper!!
Beer money!! Always important
Water carrier - Fresh water at your camp is always handy
Stereo of some kind for music is always good
Plastic cutlery and plates is always good as well - though you can buy in the village.
Extra space for Merch - I've seen people buy allsorts and realise they cant carry it home.
Emergency money - Seperate from the rest in case of loss etc

I've learnt through 10 years of festivals not to take to much but enough to keep you going

Everything else you can get in the village, we usually buy a gazebo for €25 and portable bbq's for food until the food stands open.

The pub in the village also does excellent food Wacken toast is great and the farmers breakfast is amazing!!

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
I've been keeping an eye on the weather over there. Thanks Kate! Good to know.

On one thread someone said "bring a flashlight as it can be quite dark walking back to your camp area".

It can be dark at some points of the way, that's right. But as you are not allowed to take the flashlight into the actual festival area, I don't really think it is that useful. As long as you can see by night you will find your tent.

OK, might be useful when you wake up in your dark tent at night and you suddenly ask yourself where you've put the toilet paper. ;)

The Rockit's

6 Jan. 2008
New England Sea Coast
OK, might be useful when you wake up in your dark tent at night and you suddenly ask yourself where you've put the toilet paper. ;)

LOL! Then perhaps a very small "pen-light" type of flashlight. Toilet paper can be QUITE important! :D

I can imagine the x-ray at the airport now of our suitcases (which we're leaving at friends in Switzerland whilst we travel for metal!)... "these people travel with their own toilet paper, ohhh look ...wellies!.... hahha!!

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
LOL! Then perhaps a very small "pen-light" type of flashlight. Toilet paper can be QUITE important! :D

I can imagine the x-ray at the airport now of our suitcases (which we're leaving at friends in Switzerland whilst we travel for metal!)... "these people travel with their own toilet paper, ohhh look ...wellies!.... hahha!!

I don't think they'll find it that unusual. :D You never know how things are like when you arrive at your hotel, tent or wherever you are heading.
But a small flashlight will do (and they'll still prevent you from taking it to the festival area). With some additional batteries, perhaps.

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
Good idea! BOOTS!
I just bought some boots not too long ago, and was wondering if I should wear them to Wacken or not (they're very tall). They might be hot, but they'll protect me from sinking in the mud :D

If you've bought them recently, don't forget to wear them on some days before you go to Wacken. (And make them waterproof. I guess they were expensive.)

Rubber boots are another option, less weight, more air, but less comfort probably...