First Time at Wacken! What should I bring?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

The Rockit's

6 Jan. 2008
New England Sea Coast
I don't think they'll find it that unusual. :D

:D Probably not. I'm sure they see more interesting items in suitcases. lol!

Yeh, we're camping - so the small flashlight would be good - to look for the misplaced toilet paper. :D I had hoped to avoid dragging a tent over so I ordered one from the site. (and plan on leaving it in Switzerland for my godson to use.) And guess what...we got it a week later. Oi Oi Oi! It's small enough to go in the large suitcase.

WOA-Virgin

W:O:A Metalhead
4 Juli 2008
bei Hannover
My englich is not the best, please forgive me my faults..
Most important after all that you all have written : my Aspirin !!!
something against small wounds, okay, there are Med Helpers, but for a small Wound, I´m old enought to handle that.
Water, " Handtuch " ehm, that thing you take to dry youselve after having a shower. Don´t know the word by now.
Enough Money on the Handy, and a full Batterie.

14 Juli 2008
Haha thank you everyone who's replied to me, I can't thank you enough! :D

I'll take all the info from here (and the links further down) and hopefully will have everything I need for a great week over!

*PSX*

alexhaskett

28 März 2008
www.myspace.com
having no idea what the weather is gonna be like i think im gonna bring a couple of plastic bags and ilastic (sp!?) bands so if it is muddy i can put them around my feet and ill make full use of the wacken poncho...i actually only have 1 waterproof jacket myself and its massive so im not taking it

The Rockit's

6 Jan. 2008
New England Sea Coast
something against small wounds, okay, there are Med Helpers, but for a small Wound, I´m old enought to handle that.
Water, " Handtuch " ehm, that thing you take to dry youselve after having a shower. Don´t know the word by now.

As I say to most people who speak English as a second language - you probably speak better than 85% of Americans. :D

There is a product here in the states that is called "Liquid Bandaid". A friend of mine who is a nurse has suggested we bring some. It completely seals the wound and no infection can get in.

A "towel" is what you are describing to "dry yourself". I thought of that - we have one with skull and crossbones on it. I think that will be match the theme of Wacken. lol.

Also to the above person about the weather - it's been cloudy/rainy and someone said on another thread to expect mud.

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
If you've bought them recently, don't forget to wear them on some days before you go to Wacken. (And make them waterproof. I guess they were expensive.)

Rubber boots are another option, less weight, more air, but less comfort probably...

Thanks, good idea! You are so helpful :) I have been wearing them quite a bit in advance, to avoid blisters and such. But the waterproof spray I hadn't thought of; I'll do that!

Rubber boots I think would be pretty uncomfortable. I also have a pair of army boots that I wear almost every day at work, but my feet are getting rather sick of them! So, new boots it is :)

Btw, they are steel-toed Steel boots (20-eye)... very bouncy and comfortable :cool:

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
I don't think they'll find it that unusual. :D You never know how things are like when you arrive at your hotel, tent or wherever you are heading.
But a small flashlight will do (and they'll still prevent you from taking it to the festival area). With some additional batteries, perhaps.

I'm really confused why they'd keep us from taking a tiny pen-light flashlight to the festival grounds! Do they want us falling into ditches? :confused:

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
As I say to most people who speak English as a second language - you probably speak better than 85% of Americans. :D

There is a product here in the states that is called "Liquid Bandaid". A friend of mine who is a nurse has suggested we bring some. It completely seals the wound and no infection can get in.

A "towel" is what you are describing to "dry yourself". I thought of that - we have one with skull and crossbones on it. I think that will be match the theme of Wacken. lol.

Also to the above person about the weather - it's been cloudy/rainy and someone said on another thread to expect mud.

Liquid Bandaid is a great idea!! I've never used it, but I imagine it's pretty efficient and useful when in a camping environment.

Also, I think I've seen some towels for sale on the Wacken site, just in case you need another...

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
I've got my bag already (45 litre backpack), tent & sleeping bag, so I'm going to bring only a couple of shirts (plus one longsleeved in case of cold), a change of pants, one skirt (in case I feel like being pretty), and a huge bunch of underwear and socks.

As for other things, I will have: contact lens stuff, toothbrush / toothpaste, sunblock (which I hate, because it makes me sweaty, but I'll need it anyway), tiny flashlight, a very small pillow for sleeping, some toilet paper (always good to have your own), wet wipes (good if you are near a dirty toilet and it's your only option!), small bottles of shampoo and soap...

...and that's it! All the rest of the room in my bag will be for things to come back with me from Wacken :p

slayerofrage

26 Juli 2006
Stockport
www.isitbeeroclock.com
Lol liquid bandaid...

Be a man and let it sort itself out!!

Just soak in whiskey or vodka to stop the infection... then have a couple for anathestic... It works as painkillers as well!!

5 Wackens many injuries and i've never used the first aid kit!!

Oh and boot's.. It goes without saying! Every metalhead should have boots!

Flashlight... It's more fun getting lost in the dark and making new friends at some campsite you stumble upon!

As for falling into ditches... Well thats were some of us get our amusement people falling into ditches... Springen!! Yes im part of that group lol!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I'm really confused why they'd keep us from taking a tiny pen-light flashlight to the festival grounds! Do they want us falling into ditches? :confused:

I've had a flashlight with me every year part from my first, they've never stopped me from taking it inside the festival area.

Actually the only things they've stopped my from bringing inside are bottles and cans.

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
I've had a flashlight with me every year part from my first, they've never stopped me from taking it inside the festival area.

Actually the only things they've stopped my from bringing inside are bottles and cans.

Maybe the only flashlights they have a problem with are the ones about the size of a beer bottle... that make a sloshing sound when you shake them... :p

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
I think the big ones are not allowed as they could be used as a weapon... Trust me someone tried robbing my house once bunch of chavs didnt take to kindly to a flashlight to the shin

Ha!! Good thinking! Those Maglights especially pack a mean punch, if you get the great big one.

I have a couple of my own, but they're only about 2-4 inches long. Not much good for smacking people with... just for lighting the way :p