Early arrival on Sunday

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

PBear

17 Juli 2013
Just a quick question...

For the past few years we've always arrived in the morning of the first possible day the camping opens (Mondays in the afternoon, except in 2012 when it was after midnight due to the heavy rainfall). However, each year when we arrive it seems that a lot of people are already there and have been there for at least a day or so. I spoke to some people in 2013 who said they arrived and camped there on Saturdayevening already.

So my question is simple, what are your experiences with arriving before the official opening of the camping (this year 14:00 on Monday). Is it possible for me to go a day earlier and arrive on say Sunday afternoon?

If that would cost me another €10 on top of the €30 then I don't care to be honest. I just want to party at Wacken for as long and hard as I can so an extra day on the camping seems like heaven to me :D

Pistolero75

W:O:A Metalhead
4 Aug. 2014
411 km to wacken
I'm not a expert, but here's a part from the wacken abc:

The offical day of arrival is as always Wednesday. But against the payment of a special fee, you can use the campgrounds up to two days earlier. If you are going to arrive earlier than that Monday, please make sure to stay at one of the various camp sites in the area.

Starting on Monday, 27 July, 2015, camping at the Holy Ground will be possible for a € 30.00 fee per person, from Tuesday, 28 July, 2015, until 8:00 pm camping will be possible for a € 20.00 fee per person.

Please be aware that camping in public areas, such as villages and motorway service areas is strictly prohibited.

As it said: I don't think its possible to camp on the holy land before monday.

MetallKopp

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Aug. 2003
Klostermoor
www.reaperzine.de
Just a quick question...

For the past few years we've always arrived in the morning of the first possible day the camping opens (Mondays in the afternoon, except in 2012 when it was after midnight due to the heavy rainfall). However, each year when we arrive it seems that a lot of people are already there and have been there for at least a day or so. I spoke to some people in 2013 who said they arrived and camped there on Saturdayevening already.

So my question is simple, what are your experiences with arriving before the official opening of the camping (this year 14:00 on Monday). Is it possible for me to go a day earlier and arrive on say Sunday afternoon?

If that would cost me another €10 on top of the €30 then I don't care to be honest. I just want to party at Wacken for as long and hard as I can so an extra day on the camping seems like heaven to me :D

For fuck's sake: don't.

Just don't.

PBear

17 Juli 2013
Correct. There are a few people that arrive earlier, but they can't enter the grounds until monday.

Hello Jasper,

Thanks for the quick reply. The reason I asked this is because last year we arrived at 13:00 on the camping ground (an hour before it officially opened) and there were already hundreds of people who had apparently camped way earlier since all their tents and other stuff were already setup and they seemed to be having a good time for quite some time already.

I am aware of the official rules from the Wacken ABC, but since this has been the case for many years now where upon arrival around the official opening moment of the camping there were already hundreds of people, I was just curious...

If they aren't allowed to enter earlier, how did they get in and set everything up in advance of the official openening of the camping?

Wackentom

W:O:A Metalmaster
5 Apr. 2005
zuhause in Niedersachsen
Hello Jasper,

Thanks for the quick reply. The reason I asked this is because last year we arrived at 13:00 on the camping ground (an hour before it officially opened) and there were already hundreds of people who had apparently camped way earlier since all their tents and other stuff were already setup and they seemed to be having a good time for quite some time already.

I am aware of the official rules from the Wacken ABC, but since this has been the case for many years now where upon arrival around the official opening moment of the camping there were already hundreds of people, I was just curious...

If they aren't allowed to enter earlier, how did they get in and set everything up in advance of the official openening of the camping?

official was Monday 15:00 last year
but some stupid ppl think they should wait since Monday 5:00 in the morning till the whole village is FULL of cars, so the police said around 10:00 to wacken: c´mon open now before the streets collapsed.

But that´s NOT OK! if ppl keep ignoring the official times.

PBear

17 Juli 2013
official was Monday 15:00 last year
but some stupid ppl think they should wait since Monday 5:00 in the morning till the whole village is FULL of cars, so the police said around 10:00 to wacken: c´mon open now before the streets collapsed.

But that´s NOT OK! if ppl keep ignoring the official times.

Ok point taken... We'll stick to the original plan of departing around midnight on Sunday then (it's about a 12 hour drive).

11 Juni 2014
Leipzig und Schwarzwald
At a concert, say ACDC or Iron Maiden ...., doors open at 6pm, however some people will line up at 4pm in front of the venue to be the first to enter.
This has nothing to do with stupidity, this is about choice!!!
Though I prefer not to stand in the first line, I do understand if people want to be there first and I would never judge them.

Some go early, some late...

Cheers

Doc Rock

Master of the Wind einer Dirne
27 Jan. 2011
Göttingen
At a concert, say ACDC or Iron Maiden ...., doors open at 6pm, however some people will line up at 4pm in front of the venue to be the first to enter.
This has nothing to do with stupidity, this is about choice!!!
Though I prefer not to stand in the first line, I do understand if people want to be there first and I would never judge them.

Some go early, some late...

Cheers

Those arriving on Monday at 3pm (like us) ARE already early. They are waiting for the festival to open for two whole days so to speak. Just like those waiting in front of a stadium they are allowed to do it. Those arriving even earlier are not, they are breaking the rules and pushing the envelope. If this was tolerated I'm sure some wouldn't mind to set up their tents today already!

11 Juni 2014
Leipzig und Schwarzwald
Doc Rock, I am with you, but still, this has nothing to do with breaking the rules.
You cannot forbid people to come early. If doors open at 6 at the concert and people come at 4, it is like here, doors open at 15hrs but people come at 10hrs...I.e. they wait... Just don't let them enter early and done, or let them enter early and have less congestion later...

What's the deal, they don't harm anyone and this will lead to less cars later.
The starting today argument is unreasonable, I expected that someone would pull it up the sleeve though^^. Ok, some unemployed might be able to arrive as of today...

Doc Rock

Master of the Wind einer Dirne
27 Jan. 2011
Göttingen
Doc Rock, I am with you, but still, this has nothing to do with breaking the rules.
You cannot forbid people to come early. If doors open at 6 at the concert and people come at 4, it is like here, doors open at 15hrs but people come at 10hrs...I.e. they wait... Just don't let them enter early and done, or let them enter early and have less congestion later...

What's the deal, they don't harm anyone and this will lead to less cars later.
The starting today argument is unreasonable, I expected that someone would pull it up the sleeve though^^. Ok, some unemployed might be able to arrive as of today...

As I said, arrival Mon 3pm (vs. Wed, the official arrival day) IS already the very nice tolerance frame the Wacken orga is offering us. Boy, I do start to sound like Tom...

The problem is that those that break the rule and arrive earlier, even though this is heavily discouraged (see below), DO harm people, namely the organizers who have to deal with jammed streets while festival preparation is still ongoing. It's not like a line of people in front of a stadium after all, but a line of cars.

And yes, people arriving today is a little exaggerated, though I would not be surprised if a few people should come up with that idea. But there are regularly cases who try to build up their tents the Saturday before Wacken, and if it was tolerated I'm sure some wouldn't mind to make Wacken a two-week-event. So there are real problems, and real harm!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
But what's the point in being the first (in the sense, as early as possible) before the official arrival? It doesn't make sense. Nothing in the fields has been finished, infrastructure is not up to date yet, people are walking in each other's way (tourists, vs working staff, who need the space) etc. And it's a waste of time, it's boring!

Don't go earlier than the official time. It saves money, stress, etc.

Wacken-Jasper

Administrator
Teammitglied
18 Jan. 2012
www.wacken.com
What's the deal, they don't harm anyone
They do. They are blocking the roads around Wacken and the roads have to be free for the 100+ trucks with material for the stages, the food stalls, the toilets [...].

And also the people in the village don't want to have the guests there too early.
Remember: The festival is only possible, because the village says that it is okay. The Sunday and Saturday before camping starts are the days, that the people use to prepare for the festival. They buy all the food they will need, they go to the see the doctor etc.

And by the way: How many festival allow you to camp more than 1 day before the festival starts?

11 Juni 2014
Leipzig und Schwarzwald
Doc Rock agreed.

Quark, I don't see that it is a waste of time to those who would do so.
But I do understand the point with workers needing their space to operate reasonably and without complication, totally reasonable!

Jasper, good points!

Bear in mind I was not criticizing the fact, just wanted to say that I didn't find it STUPID if people arrive that early. I do see your points though and I think you convinced me that it is not smart :p