Drinking rules in W.O.A. 2018

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

PipeCL

8 Mai 2018
Hello,

First time I will go to W.O.A. and I have some doubts about it:

- Can I enter alcohol at the venue? Bottles or cans?
- Are there shops in the neighborhood where to buy alcohol?
- How much does a can or glass of beer cost in W.O.A?

Etc ... whatever you can contribute in this regard is very helpful.

Thank you

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Hello,

First time I will go to W.O.A. and I have some doubts about it:

- Can I enter alcohol at the venue? Bottles or cans?
- Are there shops in the neighborhood where to buy alcohol?
- How much does a can or glass of beer cost in W.O.A?

Etc ... whatever you can contribute in this regard is very helpful.

Thank you

by venue, do you mean the festival area or the campground?

There are shops in the village.

At the campgrounds you can get 0.5l can's of beer for 2 euro.
In the festival ground beer prices a higher. I think it was something like 4 euro for 0.4l

Reaktionen: PipeCL

PipeCL

8 Mai 2018
by venue, do you mean the festival area or the campground?

I did not know that the camping area had certain rules and that the area of the festival also has them.

Can I buy beer or vodka in the villa and drink it in the camping area?

I assume that in the festival area there are more restrictions and only alcohol that is sold there is allowed.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I did not know that the camping area had certain rules and that the area of the festival also has them.

I assume that in the festival area there are more restrictions and only alcohol that is sold there is allowed.
You can bring whatever you want and you can carry yourself . No worries.

O ja, wodka and hard liquor only 18+. ID will be asked, if it is uncertain for the shopkeeper/bartender.

Edit Piaf zegt: I see you're 35, shouldn't be so difficult to you. ;)

Festival area is simple; no own drinks. Except water, in special folding bottles, if still available.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
And you CANNOT bring glass on the whole site! It will be checked, and you will, should you bring it, have to throw it away in a container. So don't.

If you come by car you can bring it, nobody will check. never heard of anybody having to throw it away.
If you come by public transport you take a different entry and they will check, and they will make you throw it away.

you can, but it will come in glass and you'll have to go through the same entrance as the public transport people, which means you can't take it in.
You can buy hard stuff in the campground supermarkets though!
it won't be cheap but it will be hard :D

On the festival area you can only drink the stuff that you can buy there.
except for water, you can bring water in the Wacken roll up bottle thing.

Doc Rock

Master of the Wind einer Dirne
27 Jan. 2011
Göttingen
Pro tip: you can bring the Wacken cups to the festival area, and you can top them up with whatever you have in your camp.

Pro pro tip: some beer booths have 1 liter plastic Wacken tankards. You can keep those and bring them in filled with your own stuff as well.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Reaktionen: MachineFuckingHead

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
And while we're at it, you can also take empty plastic bottles, and poor ghe hard liquor in it. Throw the glass bottle away in the container (AND NOWHERE ELSE!) and you have what you want.

Reaktionen: Zachia

PipeCL

8 Mai 2018
Pro tip: you can bring the Wacken cups to the festival area, and you can top them up with whatever you have in your camp.

Pro pro tip: some beer booths have 1 liter plastic Wacken tankards. You can keep those and bring them in filled with your own stuff as well.

That is awesome

Thanks a lot guys for all the tips. I dont want to get in troubles, just enjoy metal with drinks. Im not a crazy drunk, but I like my beer and vodka.

Thanks again

James Newstedd

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juni 2013
Stuttgart
when i read the thread title i was like: fuck yeah, drinking is f***ing awesome, but not exclusively in wacken. :ugly:

but yeah, everything important has been mentioned so far.

Reaktionen: thesubtleknife

Darkfang

W:O:A Metalhead
Not really. You can visit the Wacken microbrewery if you're looking for good craft but on site or in the town, take any cans/beer. Germans make good beer. (especially if they still follow the reinheitsgebot.)

2 years ago, we went in a supermarket where I pay 10 euro for 18 cans (including deposit!!). This is cheaper than water, lol