Dong Open AIr 2010 - In Dong We Trust - on July 23rd & 24th

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Colamann3798

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2003
nich mehr Münster :(
www.dongopenair.de
New Webdesign, Motto And First Band!

Dear Dongians,

we took our time and spent it wisely to make sure we can inform you about something worthwhile. This time has now come!

As you probably know, this summer we will celebrate our dapper little festival for the 10th time.

Dear Dongians,

we took our time and spent it wisely to make sure we can inform you about something worthwhile. This time has now come!

As you probably know, this summer we will celebrate our dapper little festival for the 10th time. It’s an occasion we would like to fete properly. Come anniversary day at the 23rd and 24th of July, a retrospective of the past nine years of Dong Open Air will take place at the hill top of the Halde Norddeutschland. We will round up a whole bunch of the artists who rocked our stage in the time between 2001 and 2009. Amongst these, there will be quite a few highlights from past years, people we by now consider friends, even reunions and of course a headliner or two from one of those drunk summer evenings of the past decade.

Of course we also picked a new motto for this year, which was inspired by the phenomenal support we have received from you especially at last year’s Dong festival: Dong Open Air 2010 – In Dong We Trust

To make everything match our motto, we re-designed our website www.dongopenair.de with the neatest illustrations our dear artist has produced so far. If you miss the Dong cows of the past, you will experience a wonderful reunion!

To satisfy your curiosity a bit, here’s the first band confirmation for this summer’s party: Headliners of 2006, we bring you Die Apokalyptischen Reiter! A few years back they started a great party, one of the greatest in Dong history one dares to say, and in 2010 Dr Pest and the rest of the bunch will be back to see you again and to party hard!

Starting today and twice a week we will inform you about the bands who are to play at the D.O.A 2010. As we’d hate to look like spammers, we decided to put the bands up in the news section of www.dongopenair.de instead of sending it through our newsletter. You will find all sorts of info along with pictures, weblinks and of course general band info in the rider “D.O.A. 2010” as you could in earlier years.

Our pre-sale should start at Sunday, 7th of march, at 12 noon exclusively on www.dongopenair.de. Since it only took 4 hours to sell out last year, you are well-advised to buy your tickets quickly.

Enjoy the next band confirmations!

Your Dong Team

And since I was too lame, I can add the second news right away :(

New band announcements

As we previously promised, we are now going to announce a few more bands fort he Dong of 2010! Get ready for some full-blown nostalgia: Headliners of the first three Dong festivals! There hadn’t been another Dong Open Air, hadn’t it been for the awesome show Blood Red Angel put together in 2001. Adorned Brood were the first band who weren’t just local heros at our fest in 2002 and Skyclad made Dong history by being the first band in the DOA billing who had played big festivals such as Dynamo or Wacken.

There’s more! Despite the continuos musical involvement of Dong organizers in Folkedudl and Chainheart, who played the 2003 “Run to the Hill” and the 2004 “Something to Bang to” festivals, these bands no longer exist. Yet, on the occasion of our anniversary, the bands have decided to rock a double-reunion to be the opening acts of our “In Dong We Trust”! Ever hear metal with a saxophone?

Last but not least another reunion! A few years back the most delightful death metal shook the planks of our stage, but then at Christmas of 2006, Hate Factor from Krefeld disbanded. Until that day, they had played three memorable shows at the Dong. Finally they’re back! Hate Factor will take the Dong hill by storm!

We’ll keep you up to date and release a few more bands names soon!

Take care,
Your Dong Team

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Thanks for Die Reiter and Skyclad. :D

Are we going to be able to buy drink tokens in advance with the tickets again?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Colamann3798

13 Apr. 2003
www.dongopenair.de
Band Announcements No. 3

Here we go with the third edition of our band announcements!
Another four noise teams are up on our billing! Orphan Hate are going to kick your ass with some superb female fronted thrash straight from Berlin. Onkel Birx and Motorjesus, the snotty rock’n’roll crew from Gladbach will do their best to do the same. On top of these diamonds we will witness another perfect musical combination of the metal scene. A capella meets black metal! Both Van Canto and Rotting Christ are going to celebrate our anniversary with us! Sounds good, huh? We’ll shoot out some more names in a few days.

Til then, take care!
Your Dong Team

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Band Announcements No. 3

Here we go with the third edition of our band announcements!
Another four noise teams are up on our billing! Orphan Hate are going to kick your ass with some superb female fronted thrash straight from Berlin. Onkel Birx and Motorjesus, the snotty rock’n’roll crew from Gladbach will do their best to do the same. On top of these diamonds we will witness another perfect musical combination of the metal scene. A capella meets black metal! Both Van Canto and Rotting Christ are going to celebrate our anniversary with us! Sounds good, huh? We’ll shoot out some more names in a few days.

Til then, take care!
Your Dong Team

orphan hate, didn't they play last year?
they were pretty good :)

btw.. this is one hell of a line-up for dong :D
is it july yet? :D

Colamann3798

13 Apr. 2003
www.dongopenair.de
More Assorted Goodies Just For You!

For today we picked a nice selection of various styles to announce to you regarding our DOA 2010 program.
Gun Barrel from Cologne, Hard Rock veterans of the Dong of 2006, are going to drag their guns up the hill, as will the thrashers of Guerrilla and All We Hate, who are going to be sharing a double slot. We expect a nice collection of explicit discussions and fights! :) Dark Age from Hamburg will go very well with these bands, as they have already proved in 2007 that they know what finest melodic death metal is like.
Also, we have a band coming up who survived the worst of all Dong disasters – the Storm! The Black Metal band Insignium will bring to an end what had so calamitously been interrupted in 2004. Last but not least, we’ll bring to you the possibly best technical/brutal death metal troop the German underground has brought up so far: Jack Slater from Cologne/Bonn. Check out all our info blurbs, pictures and links to audio samples in our lineup section online.

Colamann3798

13 Apr. 2003
www.dongopenair.de
Penultimate Band Package

Ladies and Gentlemen, it’s getting exciting!
Here’s the penultimate band announcement for the Dong of 2010! Let’s get started with a co-headliner of 2005. Very few people knew them five years ago, but Elvenking rocked hard with their mix of power and folk metal!
That year’s opening act were Synasthasia whose drummer was Dennis Strillinger, a former Dong team member, until 2008. Of course they are good friends of the festival, so we’re looking forward to hear some Duisburg Power Thrash on our stage!
Does anyone recall the Metal/Starwars medley? That means you probably witnessed a prog highlight in 2008, namely Persefone. The band from Andorra will be back on the hill in 2010!
A bit more lowbrow, but certainly not a bit less entertaining is the last band we’ll announce today: “Not in front of the guests, please” is what we kindly asked them. Let’s see if the Excrementory Grindfuckers live up to our expectations…
Extremely soon we’ll make the line up perfect with bands that will define awesomeness! Stay tuned!

Your Dong Team

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Came across this today while updating my site...

Final bands confirmed:

Raintime
Debauchery
Grailknights
Dark Tranquility (headliner)

Excited about DT, and Raintime especially... that was a pleasant surprise for me as I wasn't expecting to get a chance to see them anytime soon. :]

Don't kill me Colamann, I'll let you post the full message yourself if you want. :o:D

Edit: There's also a warmup party in April which I don't care about, so in case anyone does, go to the Dong site and see for yourself, I can't be bothered to post the bands for that. :o

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Colamann3798

13 Apr. 2003
www.dongopenair.de
Don't kill me Colamann, I'll let you post the full message yourself if you want. :o:D

Hehe no prob, I sort of forgot to post the last news around the message boards. That's why I wrote the next news will be online 'extremely soon' ;)

Edit: There's also a warmup party in April which I don't care about, so in case anyone does, go to the Dong site and see for yourself, I can't be bothered to post the bands for that. :o
Maybe the dutchies wanna come? ;)

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Hehe no prob, I sort of forgot to post the last news around the message boards. That's why I wrote the next news will be online 'extremely soon' ;)

Maybe the dutchies wanna come? ;)

Figured... I'd already seen the Grindfuckers post quite awhile before you posted it. :o

Thus why I left it open for you to post it. Didn't want to break the "tradition". :D