Cooling beer

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Fyodor

W:O:A Metalmaster
2 Juni 2003
The cooling-system of a standard kitchen-fridge has not much power. You can't cool your beer with a fan, blowing cool air from the radiator, because that air won't be cool. The thermal power of a fridge is about 500 Watts. A usual air conditioner has at least 2500 Watts, and takes some time to cool down the room, which is a more or less closed system. To cool your beer in open air, using a cool airstream, you would need even more power. If you have a generator (kewl!) and a trailer, take a complete fridge with you.

But I'm still working on that cooling system...

DarthFreak

Lucretia schrieb:
yeah, as long as you don´t use cherry juice. For any reason it doesn´t freeze
:confused: :confused:

it should freeze though... maybee it only takes longer? i also found out as i bought some of those cheap ice-lolipops (the thin plastik ones which you buy none frozen) that some of them froze nearly instantly the others took ages... i think that the none frozen ones insulate quite well and keep of the cold ????? very misterious...

@fyodi:
we were planning of digging a hole and building that aparatus down there... maybee even use the cool air down there.... atm were still looking for a fridge... but its junkday today, so we'll drive around and look for spares

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
yeah, I dunno - I also thought cherry juice should freeze, but I put one pack in the freezer one or two days ago and nearly nothing happened :confused:
The orange juice is frozen of course - strange! :confused:

Aussie Odin

29 Juni 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Just drink your beer quickly so it doesn't get warm hehe.

Or amybe just dring red wine.....

Seriously - I can't imagine how the place could function without bagged ice. In Australia it's virtually compulsory!!!!

DarthFreak

Aussie Odin schrieb:
Just drink your beer quickly so it doesn't get warm hehe.

Or amybe just dring red wine.....

Seriously - I can't imagine how the place could function without bagged ice. In Australia it's virtually compulsory!!!!

you got ur big eskies with ya all the time anyway... but then it isnt as hot over here... and well our beer tastes good even if its warmish :D

but i still agree bagged ice would be nice...

Fyodor

2 Juni 2003
For an unknown reason you can't buy bagged ice in Germany. That would solve lots of festival-problems ;).

@Freak: In a hole it might really work. The soil around the beer is a quite good insulator. Best if dry. Good luck with the spares. BTW: When will you arrive in Wacken, and should I trie to defend some space for you?

Fyodor

2 Juni 2003
I'll leave my car at home, too expensive... I'll go by train.
And even if I would go by car, it wouldn't be equipped with a towing device, sorry.

I'm really excitet to see your underground-fridge. Unfortunately my Stirling-cooler won't be finished till Wacken. The design is nearly complete, but I haven't even started to manufacture it. I hope that I can do that in my next semester. I still need a "Studienarbeit", maybe they accept that. But if you are interested: I can bring you some technical drwaings of it ;)

DarthFreak

Fyodor schrieb:
I'll leave my car at home, too expensive... I'll go by train.
And even if I would go by car, it wouldn't be equipped with a towing device, sorry.

I'm really excitet to see your underground-fridge. Unfortunately my Stirling-cooler won't be finished till Wacken. The design is nearly complete, but I haven't even started to manufacture it. I hope that I can do that in my next semester. I still need a "Studienarbeit", maybe they accept that. But if you are interested: I can bring you some technical drwaings of it ;)

sounds good. no problem with the car. so it looks like we will keep a space up for you, maybee collect you from itzehoe on sunday? have you been to dip.freakley.de yet, to check out the "enginneering contest" ?

atm we are looking for an ordinary fridge to run on our mobile power supply... ebay or "das inserat". well have to check... the main problem right now is the rather expensive towing device...

Fyodor

2 Juni 2003
There will be more people than me on that train... hopefully ;). First we were 5, now there are only four left, and two of them don't know jet if they come with us or rather go by car on wednesday.

Yes, I saw the contast, but I haven't had enough time to think over it yet.