Concert Updates!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by Brat
Went to Anthrax/Soilwork/Killswitch Engage last night

Anthrax (headliner) I'm sorry, did someone say they were metal? Looked and sounded like a punk band to me :D

Soilwork perferct minus Cookie Monster vocals :D

Killswitch Engage - Australia's DAYSEND is 1000x better :D

hehehe...I'll give Daysend a try then!

We had In Flames/Killswitch Engage here in DC three weeks ago... I was having all sorts of fun in the pit during In Flames (during "Only for the Weak") until I got headbutted by some big drunk Marine.

Didn't hurt so bad, except then I realized there was blood streaming from a 5 cm long cut above my left eye, rolling down my face, coating my arm, and dribbling all over my shirt (looked like I'd been painting a red room).

Lucky me, I had to sit out the rest of In Flames set in the ticket office of the club with a wad of gauze pressed up against my head. My sister came to the club to pick me up and take me to the hospital but I wanted to stick around and watch them for at least a few songs. After their first song, their genius of a singer uttered this memorable little quote:

"When we first came to this town [Washington DC], we saw all these hookers everywhere and we thought that DC stood for 'dirty cooter!' Well, now that we see all of you here, we know that it stands for 'DAMN COOL!!!'"

I'm sorry, but out of all the bands I've seen and gigs I've been to, that's the stupidest fucking thing I have heard ANYONE say onstage. So I didn't feel too bad about leaving for the hospital two songs later. :D

But damn...eleven stitches. Ouch.

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Warthog

We had In Flames/Killswitch Engage here in DC three weeks ago... I was having all sorts of fun in the pit during In Flames (during "Only for the Weak") until I got headbutted by some big drunk Marine.

Didn't hurt so bad, except then I realized there was blood streaming from a 5 cm long cut above my left eye, rolling down my face, coating my arm, and dribbling all over my shirt (looked like I'd been painting a red room).

Lucky me, I had to sit out the rest of In Flames set in the ticket office of the club with a wad of gauze pressed up against my head. My sister came to the club to pick me up and take me to the hospital but I wanted to stick around and watch them for at least a few songs. After their first song, their genius of a singer uttered this memorable little quote:

"When we first came to this town [Washington DC], we saw all these hookers everywhere and we thought that DC stood for 'dirty cooter!' Well, now that we see all of you here, we know that it stands for 'DAMN COOL!!!'"

I'm sorry, but out of all the bands I've seen and gigs I've been to, that's the stupidest fucking thing I have heard ANYONE say onstage. So I didn't feel too bad about leaving for the hospital two songs later. :D

Ts,ts, true grindheads would never go to the hospital cause of stupid thing like that. Ask Shizzo :D:D:D:D

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com

The good news, Scotty, is Daysend have just been signed with Metal Blade so it will be much easier for you to score 'Severance' - their debut CD.

Hope you're feeling better :(

oh and in case anyone didn't know

DA BRAT is on a high!!!

EDGUY ARE HERE IS LESS THAN A MONTH!!!

oh my metal! what am i going to wear?!?!? :D
Will be seeing them twice in Sydney and looks like twice in Melbourne bringing my total score to 10 times. Not bad for someone living in hell... and how appropriate, their current Cd is called Hellfire Club :p

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by Hammered_gods
Ts,ts, true grindheads would never go to the hospital cause of stupid thing like that. Ask Shizzo :D:D:D:D

Of course, but unlike "true grindheads", I don't feel like having my cut go gangrenous and my whole face turning into scar tissue. 'Cause "grind" girls around here are uuuuuugly...

Plus, the nurses at the hospital were cute... :D

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by Brat
The good news, Scotty, is Daysend have just been signed with Metal Blade so it will be much easier for you to score 'Severance' - their debut CD.

Hope you're feeling better :(

'Twas nothing. It looked more gruesome than it felt. Besides...chicks dig scars. :D

I'll see if I track down the Daysend CD though - know of any MP3s anywhere? I'm in dire need of checking out some new bands. So much new stuff is crap... The metalcore trend/plague is in full force. :(

oh my metal! what am i going to wear?!?!? :D

lol, you'll figure it out. ;)

BUT THEY STILL WON'T DO A #@%!ING US TOUR...argh...

I've decided...that if I manage to come into some money, I'm going to have a festival next year. Just need to find a decent patch of land around here somewhere, maybe up in the hills to the north. And I'll force all the killer metal bands who have been avoiding me to come and play. I'll call it the No Escape Festival. :D

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
Of course, but unlike "true grindheads", I don't feel like having my cut go gangrenous and my whole face turning into scar tissue. 'Cause "grind" girls around here are uuuuuugly...

Plus, the nurses at the hospital were cute... :D

Dont cry, momy would buy an elephant ;):D. Then I wouldnt want to know how does true metal girls look like over there :D:D:D:D

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Well Edguy flew out of Sydney yesterday and it suddenly gets much colder here :(

Had a great tour seeing them play 3 times and watching them play soccer/football/Fußball :D

Bring on Wacken!

Lordwalter

23 Apr. 2002
Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA
www.metal-daze.com
@ Brat: How were they? Did the play real nice gigs? I like the band very much, even though I usually listen to Thrash and Death Metal. But EDGUY are very good for me. Is one of the 2 or 3 power metal bands I like together with RUNNING WILD.

Did you finally get the black german shirt? Did you win against them? Nobody broke their legs? Tell us!!

See you!

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
In late september I will go on a cruise with a large ship from Stockholm to Finland.

On it will be lots of metal heads, as well as Hypocrisy and Tankard.

Paaaartyyyyy :D

Sister Demon

28 Nov. 2001
Schweiz
Originally posted by gnoff
In late september I will go on a cruise with a large ship from Stockholm to Finland.

On it will be lots of metal heads, as well as Hypocrisy and Tankard.

Paaaartyyyyy :D

WOW! You`re a damn lucky guy!! I`m really jealous!