Coming from USA

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Suwarin

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Nov. 2001
(ehem.Ruhrpott) Düsseldorf
@warthog Nice idea that site of yours...

Well at least you can make yourself a picture of the "old" Europe...
Some Americans asked me some of the weirdest questions about Europe....ah nevermind...(YES WE DO HAVE REFRIGIRATORS AND TV SETS!!)

Anyway one major fault is to misdjudge distances and transportation...so that should be a point you should check out in advance.....
What do you need?
Basics: Well sleeping bag, tent, shorts, trousers, a jumper if it gets cold, t-shirts, boots (very handy are jumpboots IMHO),Poncho or the likes if it rains,
Supplies: water, beer and some basic food stuf which can be eaten quickly
for e.g. Ravioli and the likes (it can get quiet hot so be carefull what you buy...) and that is basically it...
Nearlly everything can be bought nearby or on the way it depends on your budget and transport capacity....
Get there, party and then get back....
Hope you make it safe and sound!
CU
in Wacken!!

metal71

6 Dez. 2002
Las Vegas, USA
Website besuchen
Checklist for WOA

Originally posted by TheDiabolicSon
thanks for all the info. that website is good Warthog, I like the checklist. It had things I didnt even think about.

Cool idea! Lots of good information for us first-timers. We might want to remind a few people though, be sure to apply for your passports NOW, even if you are not sure you'll be going. Once you have it, it's good for several years.

I just ordered mine last week and was told it could take up to 2 months, probably a little less, so anybody going who doesn't already have one might want to take care of that soon!

konstrukt

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Dez. 2002
USA
I always keep an updated passport at home. Never know when you'll need to flee the country in a hurry :D:D:D:D

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
good luck...

i guess you can travel to Hamburg airport and grab a cab or train, like i am... Fly with AirBerlin, cant remember the site, but im sure the other metal heads will remember...

jump on a few trains and coaches to Itzehoe, thats what i plan to do...see ya there!

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Re: Checklist for WOA

Good point! I wouldn't trust any government office when you're concerned about time, hehe!

Worse comes to worse, you can get a passport quickly if you're in a pinch. I got my passport renewed about two days before leaving, but only because I went down to the Passport Office in DC. You need to have plane tickets and travel plans in hand, and they charge you a few bucks extra. And I don't know if they have similar offices elsewhere in the country. I'll try and find a link to the passport office with some info.

@Suwarin: So you really have computers and the Internet in Europe too?!?! I don't believe it! :)

@Lucy: Whaaaat, don't tell me you forgot underwear? :D Hey, I'm a camper and former Boy Scout, I overthink everything, hehe.

Thanks everyone for your comments on the site...I'll get to work finishing this thing soon enough!

Also, to all Americans - bring a flag with you so we can find you!

konstrukt

13 Dez. 2002
USA
Also, if you're planning on staying in Europe a little bit after Wacken, buy a Eurail pass before you leave. You can't buy them in Europe!

These passes give you unlimited access to the train system for the period you buy them. They're really useful, especially since you can sleep on the train when you're travelling! Free moving hotel!

SheisTheDark

15 Juni 2002
Germany
Website besuchen
Hi Ya!

Also from America here, New York actually..but I live in Germany right now!

I wouldnt suggest bringing a credit card here..cause well it aint worth a shit unless you have an ATM feature on it..and you could face service charges...I would bring all yo Dough..to the money exchange and cash those bad boys in! ;-)

And yes..the Amer. Embassy sucks here in Germany...personal experience..no one knows what the fuck is going on..and they are obviously never of help...but dont worry...you have lots of wonderful germans to help you if you need it....! I havent met one mean one yet!!!!

I dunno...

at your service ;-)