Campground opening time!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

charles

19 Dez. 2006
South Coast, UK
Can someone clear this up for me. It says on the opening times page that the campground will be open wed night from 00:00am. Is this correct? I know that in the last few years the roads have been congested on the tuesday with masses of car's queuing up on the dual carriage-way. But I still remember the campsite always opening at 8am. If it does open at midnight were considering joining the queue on the tuesday.

charles

19 Dez. 2006
South Coast, UK
Ahhhh, ok, just found more info in the festival abc section on this. Regardless, I would still like to hear from anyone who has turned up tuesday night/wednesday morn at 00:00 before. Does it get usually get you a closer pitch to the main arena because thats one of the the main things I want to accomplish this year. In previous years we've always had a round trip from the main arena to the campsite and back that equals to almost 3 miles or something stupid. I would definitely like to cut that by half if possible.

Not sure about pitching a tent in the dark though.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Ahhhh, ok, just found more info in the festival abc section on this. Regardless, I would still like to hear from anyone who has turned up tuesday night/wednesday morn at 00:00 before. Does it get usually get you a closer pitch to the main arena because thats one of the the main things I want to accomplish this year. In previous years we've always had a round trip from the main arena to the campsite and back that equals to almost 3 miles or something stupid. I would definitely like to cut that by half if possible.

Not sure about pitching a tent in the dark though.

last year the cmap opened at monday already.. the years before that I was there on sunday, but some people were even camping earlier.

sparragol

10 Feb. 2010
Hi!

I will arrive to Wacken on tuesday evening, and I would like to set the tent before the sun goes down or almost, before the next morning. I've read somewhere that before Wednesday we will have to pay. Is that true? Is there any chance to camp on tuesday without paying an aditional fee?
Also, I would appreciatte if someone can tell me how much crowded are the campgrounds at two days before the festival start. I will arrive by car to an unknown town for me (Wacken), with the sun setting, and also speaking very little german... :S. Is it easy to access to the camps by car?

Thank you all!

charles

19 Dez. 2006
South Coast, UK
last year the cmap opened at monday already.. the years before that I was there on sunday, but some people were even camping earlier.

Well this will be my sixth time to Wacken since 03 and I have never known of people being in allowed that early. Did you have to pay a fee. Also, does doing this get a you a good spot close to the main arena?

There are very tall/big lanterns, they light up the campground..;)

NO SHIT! Lol.

Hi!

I will arrive to Wacken on tuesday evening, and I would like to set the tent before the sun goes down or almost, before the next morning. I've read somewhere that before Wednesday we will have to pay. Is that true? Is there any chance to camp on tuesday without paying an aditional fee?
Also, I would appreciatte if someone can tell me how much crowded are the campgrounds at two days before the festival start. I will arrive by car to an unknown town for me (Wacken), with the sun setting, and also speaking very little german... :S. Is it easy to access to the camps by car?

Thank you all!

Well I have always got there wed morning and by that point its usually packed. So tuesday seems like a good call.

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Hi!

I will arrive to Wacken on tuesday evening, and I would like to set the tent before the sun goes down or almost, before the next morning. I've read somewhere that before Wednesday we will have to pay. Is that true?
Yes!
Is there any chance to camp on tuesday without paying an aditional fee?
No!
Also, I would appreciatte if someone can tell me how much crowded are the campgrounds at two days before the festival start.
That depends on which campground you are on. ;) Some might be quite crowded (those that are closest to the stages probably - everybody wants to be there), some are completely empty. But.......
I will arrive by car to an unknown town for me (Wacken), with the sun setting, and also speaking very little german... :S. Is it easy to access to the camps by car?
.........whenever you arrive, there are guys who direct you to the campground that is being filled at the moment. Just follow their directions. Sometimes they also take care so that people use an appropriate amount of space so that it's not too crowded and not too empty. Some ought to speak English...so if you speak a little bit of German and they know some English everything ought to be fine.
So getting onto a campground is quite easy - except if there has been a lot of rain and the ground is in a very muddy condition, because partially you'll be driving on meadows and dirt roads. But you'll definitely make it. ;) If you happen to arrive when it's dark, there's enough light to set up your tent at most places - they have very big spotlights.
You're welcome :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Ustedalen

5 Dez. 2006
Okay, we're arriving at Monday morning while most of our fellow campers arrive Monday evening or Tuesday. We're flying down, but a few are driving.
We're thinking about camping at Camp Ground D, so that it won't be filled up as fast. Do you think the guards will allow the cars to go to D on Monday/Tuesday?

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
Possibly. You never know in what order they fill the campgrounds, perhaps D will be full even before you get in. ;) But you really have to keep some free space for your friends who arrive later - if you can, take their tents with you and pitch them - that's the easiest way of reserving enough space. :D But I guess as you're flying that won't be so easy. Probably they will be directed to some other camp and then it'd be easier for you to move to their campground instead of you reserving space for their tents and car...

Heavy-D

i'm always there from sunday evening since we have to setup the WET stage sound and lights, i've always seen lots of people that come that early and i've had the impression they could enter some camping areas.

Last year there was a separate camping for the ealry birds, but this people had to move to the official camping grounds on wednesday...

better check the site or contact the wacken office if you wish to be sure

on the ABC site :

Because of the major logistic effort and the low demands in the last year, it won’t be possible to arrive already on Saturday and Sunday. Please switch to the numerous public campgrounds at the westcoast.

The official arrival day is August 4th , 2010 – again starting at 00.00 am. If you still think about arriving earlier, we give you the opportunity to use an extra stated and primed area for camping, but this requires an extra fee of 20,-€ on August 2nd, 2010 for each person and 10,-€ on August 3rd, 2010 until 12:00 p.m. for each person.

so that's the extra area, and you need to move away from it during the night of tuesday and wednesday

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

sparragol

10 Feb. 2010
Thank you Kate McGee!

So I'll arrive there (that's the first quest to achieve), and then I'll improvise depending on what will be going on.

I've got another question for any of you (though I'm not sure if this is the best thread for it). Is possible to shop some food at the Wacken supermaket on tuesday evening? I'll arrive straight from Hamburg Airport without any reserve, and I don't wanna die by starving.

Thanks again!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Thank you Kate McGee!

So I'll arrive there (that's the first quest to achieve), and then I'll improvise depending on what will be going on.

I've got another question for any of you (though I'm not sure if this is the best thread for it). Is possible to shop some food at the Wacken supermaket on tuesday evening? I'll arrive straight from Hamburg Airport without any reserve, and I don't wanna die by starving.

Thanks again!

You might want to do that in Hamburg Altona (coming from the S-Bahn) railway station.

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
Thank you Kate McGee!

Thanks again!

Most shops in Germany are closed at 8 pm, so you'd better get some food in Hamburg or on the way. Just for the first night. I mean, I'm pretty sure you'd find somebody in Wacken (in the village) who's still selling some food at night, and maybe some hot-dog-stand or something like that is already open, but you never know.

Heavy-D

Most shops in Germany are closed at 8 pm, so you'd better get some food in Hamburg or on the way. Just for the first night. I mean, I'm pretty sure you'd find somebody in Wacken (in the village) who's still selling some food at night, and maybe some hot-dog-stand or something like that is already open, but you never know.

the restaurant should be open 'till 22hs