Bus from HAM airport

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
28 Juli 2014

my friend called the office at wacken, few days ago for my friend from israel and gave out this information.
He lives at Hamburg, so he knows it.

Itzehoe ist the trainstation for wacken, there u go outside and at the right site you´ll see the shuttlebusstation and info point.
withe the shuttlebus u need another 25minutes to arrive the WOA ground.

I honestly don't think there'll be a gap.

But taxis are near the station. It's roughly about 35 euros for one ride to Wacken.

Thanks, I am sure that we will make there and then we'll rock!

Cheers!!

Finnchick

W:O:A Metalmaster
2 März 2012
SH, Germany
Sometimes Metal Travel busses (the direct ones from Hamburg airport) have free seats even if you haven´t booked and payed for it. When I used that service 2012 there were few people who just came there and could get a seat but some had to wait for next bus etc.

Can always go and ask and if that doeesn´t work you can always go to Itzehoe or use some other way to get to Wacken (car, taxi...).

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
The intercity might. But the nord ost see bahn is just a regular local train without reservations, you should be fine.

IC doesn't run from Altona, but from the Main Station (Hbf).

You will need to buy a ticket from either the ticket booth, or the machine. Both should do fine in English. The,machine might even have French as an option!

Edit Piaf zegt : you can get a ticket for Itzehoe at the S-Bahn Station in the airport in Hamburg! Includes the complete ride!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Finnchick

W:O:A Metalmaster
2 März 2012
SH, Germany
IC doesn't run from Altona, but from the Main Station (Hbf).

You will need to buy a ticket from either the ticket booth, or the machine. Both should do fine in English. The,machine might even have French as an option!

I managed to buy a train ticket from a machine when I came here for the second time. I couldn´t choose english on that machine but I could quess what to to do.

ericlong

28 Juli 2014
thanks for all the replies and information... i will arrive on the 1st of august early morning in hamburg.... do the metal travel buses still go to wacken by then? just incase i can hop on if there are any free seats