Bus from HAM airport

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

ericlong

28 Juli 2014
Do i gotta take a train ride from ham airport to get to the buses that go directly to wacken?. or are they just outside? im talking about the metaltravel buses. i appreciate any help, thanks.

Finnchick

W:O:A Metalmaster
2 März 2012
SH, Germany
If you have bought a bus ticket from Metal Travel from Hamburg Airport to Wacken then you can take the bus outside the airport.

"Hamburg Airport HAM

There will be a new location for the departures for all Metal Travel Busses from Hamburg Airport. No matter if you arrive in Terminal 1 or Terminal 2, the way to the bus departure area at Terminal Tango is clearly marked from the baggage claim hall. Follow the signs to the exit in Terminal 1 on arrival level. Keep left and pass the police station building. The distance from the exit of Terminal 1 to Terminal Tango is not more than 150 meters.
A map of the terminal you can find here."

When you think that you have walked wrong way just keep walking. It was bit tricky to find at least 2012. :)

ericlong

28 Juli 2014
If you have bought a bus ticket from Metal Travel from Hamburg Airport to Wacken then you can take the bus outside the airport.

"Hamburg Airport HAM

There will be a new location for the departures for all Metal Travel Busses from Hamburg Airport. No matter if you arrive in Terminal 1 or Terminal 2, the way to the bus departure area at Terminal Tango is clearly marked from the baggage claim hall. Follow the signs to the exit in Terminal 1 on arrival level. Keep left and pass the police station building. The distance from the exit of Terminal 1 to Terminal Tango is not more than 150 meters.
A map of the terminal you can find here."

When you think that you have walked wrong way just keep walking. It was bit tricky to find at least 2012. :)

I have no bus ticket or anything, all i have is my flight ticket to germany and back home. isnt it possible to just pay for a bus ticket there? cause i cant book anymore according to their website

ericlong

28 Juli 2014
http://www.metaltravel.de/?go=transferTimetable&lang=en

It says direct transfers from the airport to Wacken.

Unless you booked a transfer from Remedy, then you will need to take an S-Bahn train.

I don't know what you booked, so I can't help you further. That is something you should know!

i havnt booked anything other than my flight ticket to germany and back home. they dont let you book a bus tickt from metaltravel no more. is it possible to buy one there?. i just need to get from hamburg to wacken! lol.

ericlong

28 Juli 2014
I dont have a bus ticket booked. is it possible to buy one there? you cant book from metaltravel no more.

Wackentom

5 Apr. 2005
zuhause in Niedersachsen
I dont have a bus ticket booked. is it possible to buy one there? you cant book from metaltravel no more.

No schuttle Service from Hamburg airport. So take from airport the train s1 to altona, this Station is a few After Main Station. From altona take the train in the direction westerland until Itzehoe. And then the schuttle Bus from Itzehoe to wacken open air

28 Juli 2014
We have more or less the same situation: arriving to HAM airport, but at the moment we cannot be sure if there is a bus available or not. I called and e-mailed to Gaby at Metal Travel, but no answer.
IMO: the whole shuttle bus thing has not been communicated well and earlier I got an impression that one needs to go first to Hamburg city and from there one can take a shuttle bus to W.O.A. but now it seems that the shuttle service is quite limited and that one should have made a reservation.
We are considering a rental car from the HAM airport, but that is quite a bit more expensive than the bus.

28 Juli 2014

No schuttle Service from Hamburg airport. So take from airport the train s1 to altona, this Station is a few After Main Station. From altona take the train in the direction westerland until Itzehoe. And then the schuttle Bus from Itzehoe to wacken open air

Thanks, from where this info can be found? What is at Itzehoe?

---
Editing my own post:
Found this page: http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2014/main-info/shuttle-bus/

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Wackentom

5 Apr. 2005
zuhause in Niedersachsen
Thanks, from where this info can be found? What is at Itzehoe?

my friend called the office at wacken, few days ago for my friend from israel and gave out this information.
He lives at Hamburg, so he knows it.

Itzehoe ist the trainstation for wacken, there u go outside and at the right site you´ll see the shuttlebusstation and info point.
withe the shuttlebus u need another 25minutes to arrive the WOA ground.

28 Juli 2014

my friend called the office at wacken, few days ago for my friend from israel and gave out this information.
He lives at Hamburg, so he knows it.

Itzehoe ist the trainstation for wacken, there u go outside and at the right site you´ll see the shuttlebusstation and info point.
withe the shuttlebus u need another 25minutes to arrive the WOA ground.

Thanks, found this page too: http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2014/main-info/shuttle-bus/ that has the Itzehoe shuttle info. Unfortunately it looks like on Wednesday evening there is a gap from 21:00 to 00:15 (last bus) and we won't be able to get to Itzehoe station before 21:00.
I guess that from Itzehoe one can take also a taxi to the camping area... If there is someone who has done it, I would like to know the estimate fare.

Thanks again!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Thanks, found this page too: http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2014/main-info/shuttle-bus/ that has the Itzehoe shuttle info. Unfortunately it looks like on Wednesday evening there is a gap from 21:00 to 00:15 (last bus) and we won't be able to get to Itzehoe station before 21:00.
I guess that from Itzehoe one can take also a taxi to the camping area... If there is someone who has done it, I would like to know the estimate fare.

Thanks again!

I honestly don't think there'll be a gap.

But taxis are near the station. It's roughly about 35 euros for one ride to Wacken.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Short resume for those arriving at Hamburg airport,

There are DIRECT shuttle busses to Wacken Open Air!
You have to have a reservation for these busses. If you do not have one, take the S-Bahn train to Hamburg Altona, and change there to the "Nord-Ostsee-Bahn trains to Westerland (Sylt), and get off at Itzehoe station.
From there, there are shuttle busses to the festival site.

It is possible to buy bus tickets from Wacken to Hamburg airport on sunday. Advice: be on time!

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
If you are unsure what train to take you can always print a travel plan from the ticket machines. And the machines work in english, just need to select the language.

In case you get all confused and freak out... No worries, just search for a metalhead, im pretty sure they'll be able to tell you what to do :)
And at hamburg cetral station and altona you're bound to find many people travelling to wacken.