Böhse onkelz thread

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

dittohead

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Feb. 2003
Originally posted by Sodomy&Lust
Never listened any song by them. (read my signature :D)

Anyway, I may see them, if I have nothing better to do

*Founder and only member (thus far) of the WHO-THE-FUCK-ARE-BÖHSE-ONKELZ-club*

i want to join!!:D

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
I actually found "Viva Los Tioz" and " ein böses Märchen" in a used CD shop a while back (go figure, it was a few blocks away from the German embassy). Politics aside, this stuff rocks! I've downloaded some MP3s of their older stuff, and as music, it's not bad at all. I live in the wrong country and speak the wrong language to know anything about them or their views and politics. About the only thing I've figured out about them is that they have a very high opinion of themselves (which, face it, ain't all that uncommon in rock'n'roll).

I do agree with 2 points that Xantia and PV brought up to me at Wacken, as to why we don't need them at Wacken:

Xantia's point: They are an exclusively German band. Wacken is an international metal festival, and it just seems out of place to have a headlining band like the Onkelz, who remain insular to Germany (as opposed to, say, Rammstein, who sing in German but have toured the world and worked to develop an international fanbase).

Nothing wrong with having a few such exclusively German bands - the festival's in Germany, why not have some of Deutschland's special flavor on the bill? Subway to Sally and In Extremo were both appropriate at the last two Wackens. But a band as big as the Onkelz headlining? It seems a bit much.

PV's point: That the Onkelz' presence will, in his words, "bring out elements of the German population we don't want at Wacken." If indeed the Onkelz have a right-wing/skinhead following (which seems a little ironic, if they've sworn off their skinhead past), which I don't know about, then we have no need of them at Wacken.

One of the great things about Wacken is that it is so (relatively) peaceful and positive. Anything which is so certain to disrupt that harmony, like problems with skinheads, is not needed at Wacken.

Frankly, though, I'll probably be drinking in the forum camp during their set, the way most of you posers bailed on Running Wild. :p

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
the band is a MAJOR turn off for me for WOA 2004....and my friend is coming to wacken and wants me to fly out with him, the argon coach was toooo long :D

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
Originally posted by mugabe
That attitude is going to get you nowhere in the Who-the-fuck-are-Böhse-Onkelz-club.
thats pablo
but who are they?!
ive only heard what people have told me..never heard the music....yet

berserkur

W:O:A Metalhead
Politics aside, this stuff rocks!
About the only thing I've figured out about them is that they have a very high opinion of themselves (which, face it, ain't all that uncommon in rock'n'roll).

PV's point: That the Onkelz' presence will, in his words, "bring out elements of the German population we don't want at Wacken." If indeed the Onkelz have a right-wing/skinhead following (which seems a little ironic, if they've sworn off their skinhead past).

[/B]

they aren't racist at all nowadays that was in 1980-83
now they're to name a few anti... government, corporation, child molestation, MTV, church...
they have a very high opinion of themselves and that irritates slightly me sometimes ...Böhse onkelz immmer wieder and all those phrases

90% of the visitors are german so I see nothing wrong with having a big band singing in german + there are a few international fans of the band

I don´t get it if they still have a skinhead following if so well whatever all people are allowed to attend festivals regardless off their opinions... do you really think there will be riots
I´m sure that many followers of blackmetal bands through the years in Wacken have been racist

of my albums from 88-02 I have not sensed any racist views anywhere