Best way to exchange money

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

DetroitDon

W:O:A Metalhead
18 Dez. 2009
Detroit,MI USA
www.myspace.com
I plan on exchanging a few USD to EUR before I leave at a local bank. But once I get there is it best to cash out at an ATM or purchase with debit cards? Where to get the best rate? Any info/tips would be much appreciated.

thanks!

:)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I plan on exchanging a few USD to EUR before I leave at a local bank. But once I get there is it best to cash out at an ATM or purchase with debit cards? Where to get the best rate? Any info/tips would be much appreciated.

thanks!

Debit card depends on your bank, but best way I think is through an ATM.
And there are 4 at the WOA place near the beergarden, and one at the WOA office, just outside the festival area on the main street. (and 2 in the village, but last year one of them didn't work)

I plan on exchanging a few USD to EUR before I leave at a local bank.

I think,that is the best way.. exchanging in some local bank in your own country, because you can avoid some extre fees exchanging in Europe.

I Always exchange all my budget to Euros before go to WOA, here in a local bank, I get the best rate. I Never exchanged in Europe.

Usually there are a very big line in the ATM in Wacken, some stands into Metal Market accept credit cards (i don't know if debit cards too)

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
ATMs are definitely the best rate. But I wouldn't wait till Wacken, do it before then, like in the airport. Most airports I've looked at had some. Just make sure you have a 4 digit PIN and call your bank to let them know you'll be using your card overseas.

Also if you have Bank of America, withdrawing at a Deutsche Bank ATM is completely free; no ATM fees, thanks to the Global Bank Alliance.

But even if you can't take advantage of this, it'll only cost a couple dollars to use the ATM plus a couple more from your bank for using an ATM from a different bank. Still a way better deal than ordering in advance from a bank; for example, the actual exchange rate and Bank of America's buying rate differs by 8 cents per dollar... a significant amount when you're buying hundreds to thousands of euros. So definitely ATM.

I wouldn't use a debit card to purchase things while over there, though, because you get hit with a foreign fee for every transaction.

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
ATMs are definitely the best rate. But I wouldn't wait till Wacken, do it before then, like in the airport. Most airports I've looked at had some. Just make sure you have a 4 digit PIN and call your bank to let them know you'll be using your card overseas.

Also if you have Bank of America, withdrawing at a Deutsche Bank ATM is completely free; no ATM fees, thanks to the Global Bank Alliance.

But even if you can't take advantage of this, it'll only cost a couple dollars to use the ATM plus a couple more from your bank for using an ATM from a different bank. Still a way better deal than ordering in advance from a bank; for example, the actual exchange rate and Bank of America's buying rate differs by 8 cents per dollar... a significant amount when you're buying hundreds to thousands of euros. So definitely ATM.

I wouldn't use a debit card to purchase things while over there, though, because you get hit with a foreign fee for every transaction.

Deutsche bank goes below exchange rate too from my experiences thus far. If you are not using Bank of America, use a debit card when possible. I got hit by not only a 1% fee, but a $5 fee on top of it with an ATM in Denmark and Slovenia, but using debit only gives the 1% fee with no $5 fee.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Deutsche bank goes below exchange rate too from my experiences thus far. If you are not using Bank of America, use a debit card when possible. I got hit by not only a 1% fee, but a $5 fee on top of it with an ATM in Denmark and Slovenia, but using debit only gives the 1% fee with no $5 fee.

and was that with atm's of a bank or those on a trainstation for instance?
I know that if I use a regular one in germany it doesn't cost me a thing, though at trainstations they have ATM's that will take a fee.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
and was that with atm's of a bank or those on a trainstation for instance?
I know that if I use a regular one in germany it doesn't cost me a thing, though at trainstations they have ATM's that will take a fee.

Omdat, knoter, jij met een EUROPEESE kaart trekt, en dan ook nog eens in een munt die de jouwe is. De wisselkoers van Duitse euro's naar Nederlandse euro's is 1:1. :p

Het moge gezegd worden, volgens mij gaat dat 'gratis' pinnen uit een geldautomaat ook weer snel verdwijnen. In België b.v. kan ik enkel bij de Post of Fortis terecht, in NL ook bij Fortis (ABN) maar buiten die 2 landen (mss Lux ook nog) zal dat dus niet meer gaan.

(en dus gaat mijn geld naar NL toe eerst :D)

Heavy-D

hmm ?

nee ik heb het niet over kaart kwijtspelen ofzo

ik hebbet over zelf teveel geld uitgeven :)
ik eet en drink toch al gratis omdat ik er werk, maar op terrein moeten wij ook betalen, en ik kan het nooit nalaten de metalmarket effe te bekijken..

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
hmm ?

nee ik heb het niet over kaart kwijtspelen ofzo

ik hebbet over zelf teveel geld uitgeven :)
ik eet en drink toch al gratis omdat ik er werk, maar op terrein moeten wij ook betalen, en ik kan het nooit nalaten de metalmarket effe te bekijken..

Ach zo!

Tja.. ik neem gewoon wat centen mee, kom ik te kort, dan zal MrCrash het wel oplossen daar. :D

(tot mijn limiet is bereikt)