Beer

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
265 beers subjected to the judging part of the Swedish Championships of home brewed beer, so far.
Registration for almost 4 days remaining, we'll most likely hit well over 300 separate beers this year.
Since each beer is entered in 5 bottles, they'll have 1500+ bottles when they collect them all, or about 500 liters of beer :D

I will take part in the judging again this year of course, but not in the final jury as last year, "only" in the regular rounds. I'll be judging 2 main classes out of the 11 I reckon.
Usually 20 to 40 beers in each class. If we in Göteborg do get a class of 40 it's most likely the only class we'll be judging though, spread out over the two days instead.

So next Saturday and Sunday, 28 and 29 March, I know what I'll do for sure...
9 am each day we start sampling beers, yay :p

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
265 beers subjected to the judging part of the Swedish Championships of home brewed beer, so far.
Registration for almost 4 days remaining, we'll most likely hit well over 300 separate beers this year.
Since each beer is entered in 5 bottles, they'll have 1500+ bottles when they collect them all, or about 500 liters of beer :D

I will take part in the judging again this year of course, but not in the final jury as last year, "only" in the regular rounds. I'll be judging 2 main classes out of the 11 I reckon.
Usually 20 to 40 beers in each class. If we in Göteborg do get a class of 40 it's most likely the only class we'll be judging though, spread out over the two days instead.

So next Saturday and Sunday, 28 and 29 March, I know what I'll do for sure...
9 am each day we start sampling beers, yay :p

sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun :)

I guess you can't judge your own beers right? :p

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
yeah I could imagine, so how does it work.. everybody gets a "grade" and the one with the highest wins?
or does it go in rounds.. like the first few go to the next round and get judged again?

We pick out the best three of each class after the first round, the ones with the highest average score from the different judges.

The third one is the bronze medal winner, the best two goes to the final judging where they start from 0 once more.
Here the new judges pick which one is silver and which one is gold.

Also in round 3, from the 11 gold medal winners one is picked to be the years top beer.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
We pick out the best three of each class after the first round, the ones with the highest average score from the different judges.

The third one is the bronze medal winner, the best two goes to the final judging where they start from 0 once more.
Here the new judges pick which one is silver and which one is gold.

Also in round 3, from the 11 gold medal winners one is picked to be the years top beer.

so do you think you have any chance this year?

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
so do you think you have any chance this year?

Not really.
This competition has nothing to do with how good taste is, it has everything to do with how close can you brew according to a definition.

It's a lot harder, and for me way more boring, to brew according to defenitions, so I rarely do.

I'm also better at brewing more experimental things :p