back next year

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Don't think you'll find Wacken festival mud at your local high-priced spa, Supercharger. :D

@Brat: No kidding! Should've brought some plywood or something to use as a skid...They shouldn't be blaming the festival for their own lack of ingenuity. :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

metal71

6 Dez. 2002
Las Vegas, USA
Website besuchen
Americans in Wacken

Glad to see some other Americans are willing to travel so far for good metal! I will be heading out this year from Las Vegas, NV.

I am staying in Hamburg at some Marriott hotel, can't remember the name off hand. I had considered getting a rental car and just going back and forth each day, in which case I'd be happy to hook up with others staying in Hamburg so we can share the rental car. However, if we can arrange a cool group of people to share the cost of a nice RV for 3 days, I'd be all over it!

Anyone interested can e-mail me direct at: lasvegasmetal@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Hey! So there's some metal in Sin City? Excellent! Glad to have you aboard.

Just a suggestion, but I'd recommend not booking a hotel for the days during the festival. You will not spend enough time during the night to justify the cost, believe me! :) Start your bookng after the festival's over so you have a chance to wash three days of Wacken mud off and return to civilization.

If you can rent a car, sleep in it at the festival - you'll get more sleep that way, haha. An RV would be great, if it can be managed. Though again, you're coming during high tourist season, so they'll be in short supply.

I'm working on a website together with info and hints for American metalheads thinking of making the long pilgrimage to Wacken...I'll post something here when I have it up.

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Yeah, it'll have important bits of info like:

-Leave your "I Love President Bush" shirts at home
-Germans do not find it funny when you yell "RIIIIIIIIIICOLA!"
-Do not ask for Miller Lite and expect to come home alive