Another top-class W:O:A band affirmation this Friday

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

808Metal

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
thx grandpa, even if I may be older than you.

seriously, fact is that RW, Saxon, Doro, Accept, ... are much bigger in Germany than in any other country. That's a fact. Doesn't mean there are no fans oustide of Germany, but the bands are really not that big.

btw, I was being ironic, but maybe irony is something unappropriate for a fan of RW ? (and this is called sarcasm ;) )

Hey Jordan, if that's your name, you may be older than me or not, I really don't care. You may or may not be correct that Germany is the number one country fan wise for the bands that you listed, however, if they are big in Germany, then maybe that justifies them being high on a billing that takes place there and with the majority of the attendees being German. For instance, I bet those bands would go over very well in other places like Greece, Brazil, etc. I for one would not get a chance to see any of those bands here and many fans from over the globe would likely be in the same situation, this means that non-german or non European fans who attend Wacken will have the chance to see and hear some bands that they otherwise would not have the chance to. I'm sure that if the overall sales figures for bands like Accept and Saxon were tabulated, they would be higher than most or maybe all of the extreme bands that you would want to have play Wacken. I love extreme metal myself, but I am well aware that bands like Accept, Saxon, Heaven and Hell, Priest, Maiden etc. are bigger fan base wise than any Black or Death Metal band anywhere, and again, I am not saying that this makes the extreme bands less valid. I agree that Running Wild are not as big as some extreme metal bands or the bands; Accept, Saxon, Heaven and Hell, Priest, Maiden, but they are a band that have a very long history and are popular with a fan base that the Wacken organizers know more about than you or I do.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

cyber999

20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
Hey Jordan, if that's your name, you may be older than me or not, I really don't care. You may or may not be correct that Germany is the number one country fan wise for the bands that you listed, however, if they are big in Germany, then maybe that justifies them being high on a billing that takes place there and with the majority of the attendees being German. For instance, I bet those bands would go over very well in other places like Greece, Brazil, etc. I for one would not get a chance to see any of those bands here and many fans from over the globe would likely be in the same situation, this means that non-german or non European fans who attend Wacken will have the chance to see and hear some bands that they otherwise would not have the chance to. I'm sure that if the overall sales figures for bands like Accept and Saxon were tabulated, they would be higher than most or maybe all of the extreme bands that you would want to have play Wacken. I love extreme metal myself, but I am well aware that bands like Accept, Saxon, Heaven and Hell, Priest, Maiden etc. are bigger fan base wise than any Black or Death Metal band anywhere, and again, I am not saying that this makes the extreme bends less valid. I agree that Running Wild are not as big as some extreme metal bands or the bands; Accept, Saxon, Heaven and Hell, Priest, Maiden, but they are a band that have a very long history and are popular with a fan base that the Wacken organizers know more about than you or I do.

well said!

DrunkGromit

22 Jan. 2009
I don't think there is any disrespect in Jordan's post
I agree with him there is many german oriented bands on the bill and that's not just for Running Wild, Saxon (in France Saxon don't sold out places with one thousand capacity even at Strasbourg so really near Germany), Doro ...
For me the clearly german oriented bands are those who sings in german... like Subway to Sally, In Extremo, Schandmaul and Rabenschrey has self-confirmed on their myspace.

Nervecell annoucement is great ! I did not know them before but they sounds good and that's everyone's asking for ...

PS : I saw that Warlock is on bill on last.fm ... is this a confusion with Doro or is it real ? :/

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Seatiger

1 Dez. 2008
I agree with him there is many german oriented bands on the bill and that's not just for Running Wild, Saxon (in France Saxon don't sold out places with one thousand capacity even at Strasbourg so really near Germany), Doro ...
For me the clearly german oriented bands are those who sings in german... like Subway to Sally, In Extremo, Schandmaul and Rabenschrey has self-confirmed on their myspace.

PS : I saw that Warlock is on bill on last.fm ... is this a confusion with Doro or is it real ? :/

First part: /sign.

Yeah...the Warlock-thing...I'm not sure either. We got "Doro&Special Warlock show". Cooould mean, that Doro took some musicians and is gonna play Warlock-songs. Could also mean, that Warlock might appear 5 minutes on stage. Could also mean, that its gonna be a whole, real Warlock show. But if it was, the Orga would have announced it as total Hyper-act, just as Metalway does.

DSP

17 Apr. 2008
well 90+ days left and now there are 25 less bands then last year finale... any chance something good would come out of this?

Jordan

W:O:A Metalhead
25 März 2009
right.
thanks for making my thoughts a little clearer than I do.

(ps: I do not disrespect RW, even if I think it's crap. ;) )