Another top-class W:O:A band affirmation this Friday

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

6dae6mon6

16 Apr. 2009
warschau
loads of people look for tickets (have a look further down the forum) ans some especially because of the line-up!

Maybe I'm stupid, but I'm keeping it hoping to see at least few bands i'd really love to see... And the other reason is travel reservation ;)
And really I go there to meet you guys !!! ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Jordan

W:O:A Metalhead
25 März 2009
loads of people look for tickets (have a look further down the forum) ans some especially because of the line-up!
Yeah, and that's where the nonsense is.
Announcing a farewell show on an already sold-out fest is kinda weird... and not very smart for the hardcore fans who don't have tickets...

808Metal

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
Oh really ? I believed all the bands where german...

Well you are just rather stupid then areent you?

Seriously, I talk about the late "top acts" announced.
RW, Rage, Doro Pesch/Warlock, Ramma Gay. Those bands may be big in Germany, but have little interest for most outsiders.

Saxon are british, but I can tell you noone listens to them anymore outside of Germany.

I do, and so do many other non Germans, but hey I must be wrong since you obviously know everything...

Edit : I would be really pleased to see Udo or Accept, so we can have a full 80s-german crap package :)

Accept would actually be excellent, but it wont happen, but with all the complaining you're doing, it sounds you should sell your ticket and stay home.

you does'n count... i mean normal people ;)
We want METAL, not tales about fucking dragons and virgins :) adn other shit...
We want to see real hell on stage!!! The orgas before selling tickets, should write, that this will be biggest power metal festival in the place they wrote shit about armaggedon and stuff...

Who are we? I guess you are speaking for everyone? well maybe all the 16 year olds anyway

And folk and goth, and thrash, and hardcore, and grindcore, and all ... but not only power/classic... To be honest I prefer some rap or techno than power metal... ;)

That statement sounds pretty gay to me... can you say poser?

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
No mr i'm not 15. My point wasn't about Slipknot but whatever suits for you. Maby you could just do something else more producing instead of acting like the godfather of metal in a forum. Not everyone likes the bands you like and not everyone else are posers except you. So get over it and stop mocking people around. Nuff said

Exactly! You are getting it now, not everyone likes the same bands! So that's why if you plan to attend WOA you should be open minded, you may hear something you were unfamiliar with and actually like it. I doubt that you've listened to all the music by the bands you criticize. I probably like many bands that you do like as well, but Wacken is always rather diverse billing wise, that's what keeps it interesting. As far as being the god father of Metal, no, not even close I'm not stating that at all, not even the Grandfather or Father, just one of many knowledgeable metal heads. But since i've been a fan for over 30 years, have over 3000 albums, yes I do know a few things about my passion. I listen to Metal from the 70s - 2009 and like almost all the different metal Subgenres. I just find it annoying when people seem to think they are cool for only liking or pretending to like only the most "extreme" or unknown bands. As for being "producing", I think you meant productive, aren't you also posting here?

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
Well said that man!!

but then I'm an ageing metal-head from the 80's making my way to Wacken for the first time due to a mid-life crisis anyway:D

though I have to admit - I'm hoping for some more THRASH to be added to the list! I saw a rumour about Devildriver...that would do nicely!!:cool:

Yep, this year's billing is thin on the Thrash side, so far. Last year was pretty good, Exodus, Kreator, Mortal Sin, Holy Moses, Warbringer, Terror Squad and Destructor.

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
I'm new so I will just say that I believe that the line-up for 2009 is purely awesome !!! Yeah, I'm a retard that listen to classic heavy... So what ??? If you're as smart as you say you are, go sell your tickets (I believe that many Running Wild, or other bands, hardcore fans would kill for it) and go to Hellfest or stop complaining, wait, and see... I think that this line-up was the point of the XX Anniversary: a festival to celebrate metal history...
And, you know, I think that they keep a great Black/Death/whatever you want band in their sleeve, because... They can afford it... They were sold out with only twenty bands out of seventy... There are no clients to get anymore...

Good evening and stay heavy !!!

Well said!

6dae6mon6

16 Apr. 2009
warschau
Who are we? I guess you are speaking for everyone? well maybe all the 16 year olds anyway

And why you say for all??? the wordl doesn't end at power metal with it's girly make-up and so on... Many people bought tickets hoping to see graetest metal bands ever, gathered at one place... the biggest show on earth ever. Bands like Slayer, Morbid Angel, Vader, Immortal, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Venom, Metallica and the others GREAT bands, that had infulence on other bands through the years (incl. Power metal bands like Manowar, Saxon, Hammerfall). But so far it looks like nothing more interesting would appear on the billing... People from all over the world go to Wacken to see as many bands as they can see, but different bands. On saturday Saxon will have it's "Special Anniversary Show", Thyursday it's Running Wild.. Can you see on the billing any band wich would be a headliner at BlackMetal Stage??? Cause calssic bands are enought to share both stages and headline them for 3 days... That's why so many people ale pissed up... You should read local forums in national languages to see that tons of people are simply dissapointed, including me:mad:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Jordan

W:O:A Metalhead
25 März 2009
I'd really be happy to see Accept or U.D.O, just to have the pleasure to complain a lot more, and give you the pleasure to read my complains and react to them.

Seriously, this fest lacks extreme headliners. Period.

And since I still have hope (and some other reasons that are long to explain), I still go to WOA.

And I am happy to take the place of the people who couldn't buy ticket. I like evil, after all.

darkzip

8 Apr. 2009
Belgium
Wacken gave out new bands, which I think are pretty good ones like:

enslaved
rage
pain
subway to sally

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

The Shadow

13 Apr. 2009
Exactly! You are getting it now, not everyone likes the same bands! So that's why if you plan to attend WOA you should be open minded, you may hear something you were unfamiliar with and actually like it. I doubt that you've listened to all the music by the bands you criticize. I probably like many bands that you do like as well, but Wacken is always rather diverse billing wise, that's what keeps it interesting. As far as being the god father of Metal, no, not even close I'm not stating that at all, not even the Grandfather or Father, just one of many knowledgeable metal heads. But since i've been a fan for over 30 years, have over 3000 albums, yes I do know a few things about my passion. I listen to Metal from the 70s - 2009 and like almost all the different metal Subgenres. I just find it annoying when people seem to think they are cool for only liking or pretending to like only the most "extreme" or unknown bands. As for being "producing", I think you meant productive, aren't you also posting here?

Anyways, i don't pretend to be extreme or cool. i just want more extreme bands on the billing. i wouldn't mind all those aged bands playing if the orga comes and announce 2-3 bands that in MY OPINION should have been added.

Cheers