Another top-class W:O:A band affirmation this Friday

Dieses Thema im Forum "English News" wurde erstellt von Wacken-News, 16. April 2009.

1. Bikerin666

Bikerin666 W:O:A Metalhead

loads of people look for tickets (have a look further down the forum) ans some especially because of the line-up!

2. 6dae6mon6

6dae6mon6 Member

Maybe I'm stupid, but I'm keeping it hoping to see at least few bands i'd really love to see... And the other reason is travel reservation ;)
    And really I go there to meet you guys !!! ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 21. April 2009
  3. Jordan

Jordan W:O:A Metalhead

Yeah, and that's where the nonsense is.
    Announcing a farewell show on an already sold-out fest is kinda weird... and not very smart for the hardcore fans who don't have tickets...

4. 808Metal

808Metal W:O:A Metalmaster

Accept would actually be excellent, but it wont happen, but with all the complaining you're doing, it sounds you should sell your ticket and stay home.

Who are we? I guess you are speaking for everyone? well maybe all the 16 year olds anyway

That statement sounds pretty gay to me... can you say poser?

5. 808Metal

Exactly! You are getting it now, not everyone likes the same bands! So that's why if you plan to attend WOA you should be open minded, you may hear something you were unfamiliar with and actually like it. I doubt that you've listened to all the music by the bands you criticize. I probably like many bands that you do like as well, but Wacken is always rather diverse billing wise, that's what keeps it interesting. As far as being the god father of Metal, no, not even close I'm not stating that at all, not even the Grandfather or Father, just one of many knowledgeable metal heads. But since i've been a fan for over 30 years, have over 3000 albums, yes I do know a few things about my passion. I listen to Metal from the 70s - 2009 and like almost all the different metal Subgenres. I just find it annoying when people seem to think they are cool for only liking or pretending to like only the most "extreme" or unknown bands. As for being "producing", I think you meant productive, aren't you also posting here?

6. Bikerin666

right! One of the most important reasons!!!:D;)

7. 808Metal

Yep, this year's billing is thin on the Thrash side, so far. Last year was pretty good, Exodus, Kreator, Mortal Sin, Holy Moses, Warbringer, Terror Squad and Destructor.

8. 808Metal

Well said!

9. 6dae6mon6

6dae6mon6 Member

And why you say for all??? the wordl doesn't end at power metal with it's girly make-up and so on... Many people bought tickets hoping to see graetest metal bands ever, gathered at one place... the biggest show on earth ever. Bands like Slayer, Morbid Angel, Vader, Immortal, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Venom, Metallica and the others GREAT bands, that had infulence on other bands through the years (incl. Power metal bands like Manowar, Saxon, Hammerfall). But so far it looks like nothing more interesting would appear on the billing... People from all over the world go to Wacken to see as many bands as they can see, but different bands. On saturday Saxon will have it's "Special Anniversary Show", Thyursday it's Running Wild.. Can you see on the billing any band wich would be a headliner at BlackMetal Stage??? Cause calssic bands are enought to share both stages and headline them for 3 days... That's why so many people ale pissed up... You should read local forums in national languages to see that tons of people are simply dissapointed, including me:mad:

10. Testament79

Testament79 W:O:A Metalmaster

:D

11. Jordan

Jordan W:O:A Metalhead

I'd really be happy to see Accept or U.D.O, just to have the pleasure to complain a lot more, and give you the pleasure to read my complains and react to them.

Seriously, this fest lacks extreme headliners. Period.

And since I still have hope (and some other reasons that are long to explain), I still go to WOA.

And I am happy to take the place of the people who couldn't buy ticket. I like evil, after all.

12. darkzip

darkzip Newbie

Wacken gave out new bands, which I think are pretty good ones like:

enslaved
    rage
    pain
    subway to sally

13. Bikerin666

where is the secret??? or did i misunderstood?

14. The Shadow

The Shadow Newbie

Anyways, i don't pretend to be extreme or cool. i just want more extreme bands on the billing. i wouldn't mind all those aged bands playing if the orga comes and announce 2-3 bands that in MY OPINION should have been added.

Cheers

15. Bikerin666

hope you/we/all get them, but i'm nearly sure about that!

Diese Seite empfehlen