• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Empror1

W:O:A Metalmaster
Now for something completely different, I know the Wacken staff doesn't really look here, but is there any place where you can report second hand ticket dealers? I've seen some very official looking websites selling normal (so not x-mas) tickets for 190€.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Yeah I kinda do, because I have no idea what they are talking about.

And there is Dutch in this specific area but a lot of stuff like the feedback forums etc.. only have their name translated.

Or if they do translate the German into English, generally it's really bad. :rolleyes:

A friend of mine (on the forum) contacted the people about getting better translators, but they were just like "no it's fine". :rolleyes: They really need them though. The news and the main site both have almost more errors than correct translations... oh well. </rant>

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Yeah, just like the "German/English newspaper" at Wacken each year. They actually promote it to be in both languages and you get 1 or 2 pages of terrible English, mostly about wet t-shirts and the like.

Yea, exactly. It's too bad because the articles that are in English are enjoyable usually. I can't be bothered to attempt to sort through the German ones. :p

Empror1

You might be better off posting that as a new thread. Maybe someone else does. :p

Might be worth a try, not sure if the Wacken staff is actively fighting it, but I saw quite a few posts about avoiding the vendors while they have pretty official looking websites on a single google search.

I went in 2009 and 2010. Sorta recent I guess. You?

I just came back last week, my 6th Wacken now 2006-2011.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Might be worth a try, not sure if the Wacken staff is actively fighting it, but I saw quite a few posts about avoiding the vendors while they have pretty official looking websites on a single google search.

I don't see what the rush is for anyway. You can get them pretty cheap a couple months before, often cheaper than the original price. Sure, there's something to be said for planning ahead, but I think if Americans and Australians don't feel the need to buy the first tickets, you Europeans don't need it so soon either. :D But whatever works, I guess.

I just came back last week, my 6th Wacken now 2006-2011.

Ah, so you pretty much know how it goes. :p

Empror1

I just like getting the t-shirt. It's also gotten a bit of tradition, getting new tickets just the first thing to do when you get home each year. Thought the "sold out in 45 mins" stuff is getting pretty sick.

Yeah I've got a bit of Wacken experience by now, nothing surprising this year either. I know some people don't like the changes to recent festivals, but really, I've been to Graspop a few years in a row and that's worse each year.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
I just like getting the t-shirt. It's also gotten a bit of tradition, getting new tickets just the first thing to do when you get home each year. Thought the "sold out in 45 mins" stuff is getting pretty sick.

Yeah I've got a bit of Wacken experience by now, nothing surprising this year either. I know some people don't like the changes to recent festivals, but really, I've been to Graspop a few years in a row and that's worse each year.

I can't speak for the changes myself. All I know is that there are too many people for my tastes. :p Smaller festivals are far more enjoyable. If I'm too far back in the crowd, I can't really see, so it sucks. Only alternative is showing up really early and sitting through bands you don't like (possibly missing others) only to be pushed around by people standing so close together it feels like jello. No thanks. :p

Empror1

Hmm.. I haven't had that much trouble with it at Wacken really and I don't usually go early (maybe 5-10 mins before a band starts). That said, I only go really far to the front if it's a band I know well and I either:

A) know there will be no pit
B) want to get into the pit

As far as seeing the band is concerned, yeah your often looking at screens. In that sense local festivals do have a bit more flair to it, but around here it's pretty hard to find some with good bands.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Hmm.. I haven't had that much trouble with it at Wacken really and I don't usually go early (maybe 5-10 mins before a band starts). That said, I only go really far to the front if it's a band I know well and I either:

A) know there will be no pit
B) want to get into the pit

As far as seeing the band is concerned, yeah your often looking at screens. In that sense local festivals do have a bit more flair to it, but around here it's pretty hard to find some with good bands.

Well you don't have to go that far for some good festivals. Metalcamp, Bloodstock, Brutal Assault, and Summer Breeze all have pretty solid lineups. Sure, that's awhile from NL, but at least you don't have to fly across the ocean. :o Not a single decent one in the US.