130 EUROS

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

LooseCannon

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
Indeed, in 2006 I remember it was only a little over 100 euros including tax and all that...this is getting kind of insane...

Think about it,the world ecomony is very shitty now & EVERYTHING has gone up not just here in the US,but EVERYWHERE.I saw this happenening.Remember,bands have to be paid,as well as the construction workers who put the set-up up,the electricians,etc.

I work at a job where in today's economic atmosphere I can't move out of my mom's house(10 years ago,I could with the pay I'm making) & I feel the pinch,too.

Just food for thought.

DarkCapricorn

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Aug. 2008
Asgard
www.facebook.com
Think about it,the world ecomony is very shitty now & EVERYTHING has gone up not just here in the US,but EVERYWHERE.I saw this happenening.Remember,bands have to be paid,as well as the construction workers who put the set-up up,the electricians,etc.

I work at a job where in today's economic atmosphere I can't move out of my mom's house(10 years ago,I could with the pay I'm making) & I feel the pinch,too.

Just food for thought.

agree... sometimes people don't think that the cost of live is rising and of course... a festival like this don't rise from the air... :rolleyes:

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008
Seriously, WOA organisers, are you taking the piss or what?? Im shocked. Someone getting a little greedy?

Think you've little to be complaining about. One decent show would cost you half the price of this year's Wacken ticket without the four days of good times, good friends, good music and what, SEVENTY bands?

valerydarcy

22 Dez. 2006
UK
www.rebelforcesacademy.tk
learn to fuck off.

making a simple point- price of 2005 tickets, 65 euros. sorry, but even taking into account the state of the world economy, a 100% increase is completely unjustifiable. this is about 15% necessity and 75% greed.

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Look at Sweden Rock Festival, been some 190 euro or so the past few years.

I can understand that the organizers at WOA wants to start gaining some profits at last after all these years, also being able to (I guess) book bigger (more expesnive at least) bands and what not.

I mean if you sell out the festival year after year, of course you'll want to start earn money.

what are they gonna do, "keep it true to metal" work their asses off and get next to nothing for it?

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Example (even though Sweden is supposed to be more expensive and all):

For Slayer, Amon Amarth and Mastodon (Unholy Alliance Tour III) in Göteborg I'll pay just about 43 euro.
That's once night, no camping, the venue is there already, no food availbale, parking not included, etc.

13 Okt. 2007
Boston Area, Massachusetts
learn to fuck off.

making a simple point- price of 2005 tickets, 65 euros. sorry, but even taking into account the state of the world economy, a 100% increase is completely unjustifiable. this is about 15% necessity and 75% greed.
Look at the prices of other festivals and events. It shouldn't come as any surprise to you that prices for EVERYTHING are going up, not just Wacken.

You need to keep in mind that labor costs more as well, which includes paying security for 3 days straight, and paying workers for the week or two of construction before hand, etc. I'll be the first one to tell you there's something going on with the Wacken organizers, just look at some of the acts that they've been putting on the bill in recent years, but when it comes to them raising tickets prices solely for profit, that's just not the case.

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008
learn to fuck off.

So don't go then. Simple solution. Still a bargain as far as I'm concerned for what I get. A festival like that would be $300 over here for a ticket.

13 Okt. 2007
Boston Area, Massachusetts
So don't go then. Simple solution. Still a bargain as far as I'm concerned for what I get. A festival like that would be $300 over here for a ticket.
True. Not sure where "over here" is, but in the US a day at ozzfest with 2 or 3 good bands tops will run you $75 or so at least, and not to mention the $20 parking for you'll pay that one day. You're spending close to 100 dollars for around 10 hours of shitty music give or take a couple acts. THAT is being fucked over. 130 euros for a 3 day festival would be a bargain if the worlds economy wasn't shit, let alone having it at that price nowadays.

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
130 Euros is about 43 Euro per day, that is not expensive at all. If I could attend in 2009 I would, it's not the ticket price that stops me, it's airfare. As it has been stated already, one "big name" band here (USA) would easily cost 50-75 dollars for a single 2 hour show, so 130 Euro for 70 or so bands is a good deal. By the way, I paid about 50 Euro for WOA in 2003, and so yes the price has gone way up, but it's still a bargain, and the promoters do need to make a profit to keep doing this.

LooseCannon

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
learn to fuck off.

You know,all I hear from your mealy little mouth is ,"WWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH".

Man up,brother.I'm willing to pay for the fest & I'm on a shoestring budget.I NEVER complained about my airline price or ticket price(ask anyone).Like I said,the WORLD economy is shitty right now.You guys are paying the equivalent(sp) of $10 per gallon for gas & we complain about our gas prices?!?

Or maybe you're just too cheap to pony up the cash.

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008
True. Not sure where "over here" is, but in the US a day at ozzfest with 2 or 3 good bands tops will run you $75 or so at least, and not to mention the $20 parking for you'll pay that one day. You're spending close to 100 dollars for around 10 hours of shitty music give or take a couple acts. THAT is being fucked over. 130 euros for a 3 day festival would be a bargain if the worlds economy wasn't shit, let alone having it at that price nowadays.

'Over here's Los Angeles, Spirit, although I'm Irish. Anything resembling decent seats at Ozzfest would run you more into the $130 range. Not that I'd give Sharon Osbourne the steam off my piss let alone some of my hard-earned dollars. Fucking blood-sucking harpy. I won tickets to the Bonnaroo festival in Tennessee through the Metallica fan club and the tickets were worth $500 each for a festival!!! 130EU's a fucking deal as far as I'm concerned! Still, I s'pose I'm not sixteen years old living at me ma's...