130 EUROS

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008
True. Not sure where "over here" is, but in the US a day at ozzfest with 2 or 3 good bands tops will run you $75 or so at least, and not to mention the $20 parking for you'll pay that one day. You're spending close to 100 dollars for around 10 hours of shitty music give or take a couple acts. THAT is being fucked over. 130 euros for a 3 day festival would be a bargain if the worlds economy wasn't shit, let alone having it at that price nowadays.

'Over here's Los Angeles, Spirit, although I'm Irish. Anything resembling decent seats at Ozzfest would run you more into the $130 range. Not that I'd give Sharon Osbourne the steam off my piss let alone some of my hard-earned dollars. Fucking blood-sucking harpy. I won tickets to the Bonnaroo festival in Tennessee through the Metallica fan club and the tickets were worth $500 each for a festival!!! 130EU's a fucking deal as far as I'm concerned! Still, I s'pose I'm not sixteen years old living at me ma's...

onetwomany

4 Aug. 2008
Graspop 2007: 130€

Only 3 (!) days, instead of a "full week".

Klein kind! :(

You forget that Graspop has 3 FULL days of bands, though, whereas Wacken only has a handfull on the Thursday night. And I'd say Maiden, Kiss AND Priest last year cost them a fuckload even before they got to the rest of the 70-odd bands. My hat is truly off to the Graspop organizers for delivering some incredible line-ups the two years I've been there. Ok so, Wacken has way more stuff going on, but seriously...how much can a metal karaoke band cost and a guy with an organ :p hehe, Mambo Kurt, legend.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
]

You forget that Graspop has 3 FULL days of bands, though, whereas Wacken only has a handfull on the Thursday night. And I'd say Maiden, Kiss AND Priest last year cost them a fuckload even before they got to the rest of the 70-odd bands. My hat is truly off to the Graspop organizers for delivering some incredible line-ups the two years I've been there. Ok so, Wacken has way more stuff going on, but seriously...how much can a metal karaoke band cost and a guy with an organ :p hehe, Mambo Kurt, legend.

Can be, but still...
I'm talking about LAST GMM's edition. Meaning, GMM will also raise its prices probably.
Even with a 3 days FULL programm.

And.... remember, facilities at GMM are way less than in Wacken! No supermarket on every camp site, only ONE, OK, flushing toilets, compared with the filthy dixies in Wacken.
And the curfew at the festival area, no exit before 2pm.

valerydarcy

22 Dez. 2006
UK
www.rebelforcesacademy.tk
/sigh.

im fully aware that its still good value, that all prices have gone up, that other festivals are more expensive etc etc. and im also fully clued up on current economics and hows it works and its implications, i happen to be a banker. and for teh record ive gone ahead and bought 4 tickets anyway.

the point im making still stands-

the price hase gone up DISPROPORTIONATLY and without JUSTIFICATION.

think about those 2 words before stating the obvious like 'its still good value' or everything is going up in price'. im fully aware. but if youre going to double the price of a ticket, before you even announce the bankds that are playing, well sorry- but thats a sign of worse things to come.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
/sigh.

im fully aware that its still good value, that all prices have gone up, that other festivals are more expensive etc etc. and im also fully clued up on current economics and hows it works and its implications, i happen to be a banker. and for teh record ive gone ahead and bought 4 tickets anyway.

the point im making still stands-

the price hase gone up DISPROPORTIONATLY and without JUSTIFICATION.

think about those 2 words before stating the obvious like 'its still good value' or everything is going up in price'. im fully aware. but if youre going to double the price of a ticket, before you even announce the bankds that are playing, well sorry- but thats a sign of worse things to come.

Blame your favorite bands for that!

Their prices have risen as much as the orgas did, if not MUCH MORE!!!

Note THOSE 2 WORDS AS WELL!!!!!

Band wages HAVE BECOME INCREADIBALLY HIGH!!!!

Canuck

W:O:A Metalhead
4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
Blame your favorite bands for that!

Their prices have risen as much as the orgas did, if not MUCH MORE!!!

Note THOSE 2 WORDS AS WELL!!!!!

Band wages HAVE BECOME INCREADIBALLY HIGH!!!!

I dunno, I haven't been to concerts other than Wacken in Europe, but over in Canada gigs still cost between 10-30 CAD depending on the band. Incantation a few months ago was somewhere along the lines of 15-20 dollars, Finntroll and Warbringer around 25-30 dollars depending on where you attended. Bands like Amon Amarth,Ensiferum, Turisas also around the 30 dollar mark (though in 2002 AA was more like 15 bucks, though that was mostly due to the fact that they weren't as popular over here back then). And that's not to say we aren't feeling the current economic issues considering that Canada as whole just missed the mark on economic recession, while provinces like Ontario felt it for sure. Hell, in Newfoundland drivers are paying around 130 for gasoline prices or more. The only bands you really end up paying more than 35 dollars (23 euros) are really huge bands or the likes of Metallica (accompanied by slipknot and friends). I think Megadeth/Gigantour was around 50 dollars (something like 32 euros) from what I was told. Hell even Sodom wouldn't sell for more than 30 bucks.

But I stand corrected, I thought that other major festivals in Europe were a bit cheaper but I was wrong. In that sense, its good that Wacken is still cheaper, though I still find the price jump this year to be surprising. Though obviously I'm comparing them to Canadian prices. What I find a bit of kick in the ass is that as the prices rise they seem to be adding more "core"-type bands, which doesn't help in swinging the "we're doing it to better finance the festival, not out of greed" argument as much in their direction, and I wouldn't mind as much if they'd put in straight metal bands and more of them instead of major headliners. They sold out just fine in 06 when they had the Scorpions and Motorhead as the big bands.

Sipyloidea

W:O:A Metalgod
19 März 2007
Think about it,the world ecomony is very shitty now & EVERYTHING has gone up not just here in the US,but EVERYWHERE.I saw this happenening.Remember,bands have to be paid,as well as the construction workers who put the set-up up,the electricians,etc.

I work at a job where in today's economic atmosphere I can't move out of my mom's house(10 years ago,I could with the pay I'm making) & I feel the pinch,too.

Just food for thought.

But they are also having more visitors than they used to have. And they raised the prices for food, beer etc. and even take entree now for the swimming hall. I'd NEVER believe that another rise of the ticket is necessary.

(I can somehow understand it though since people start demolating their stuff....:mad:)

LXE

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
Just wait untill they start charging $40 per person per night for camping, like some of the outdoor festivals I've been to around here. It could happen (but I don't think it will)!