• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Its a real joy. I work at a small place though so normally I'm not putting in many weekends or late hours, but we are doing a total infrastructure upgrade and switch from Oracle to a new system. The next year will be fun, even if I wanted to go to Wacken 2014 no way I'm getting 2 weeks off in late July early August at the moment, hopefully we are up and running by then but can't be sure. Maybe Summer Breeze 2014...

I work for an internet provider, but fortunately our team is big enough so I only have to be on call during the weekends once every 5 weeks.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Decided to check my emails this evening. I get emails from Eventful all the time, and occasionally it'll actually come up with a band that's playing somewhere in Australia that I may be interested in. Stratovarius is coming to Australia but not Brisbane, and I keep getting emails to tell me so. For some reason I opened the email and had a look at the whole thing, only to stumble across KORPIKLAANI IS PLAYING IN BRISBANE FOUR DAYS AFTER MY BIRTHDAY :D :D :D Certainly adds a sparkle to my evening, with facebook still infected with posts about federal politics.

Funny - Stratovarius was just announced as a headliner for the next Progpower USA. Guess I'm going a second time. :p

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
ProgPower never has enough bands for me the justify going. If they would get Blind Guardian down there though...

Me either, and I live in Atlanta. :p At $120 for both days it just hasn't been worth it. Sabaton is though (and I got a great deal on a one day ticket). :) And so is Stratovarius with just the one day ticket - they were one of the first metal bands I really liked. Blind Guardian would be worth it too.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Curious what it's going to be like. The only other non-European "festival" I've been to was basically just a really long show. I'm thinking that will be the case with Progpower too.

I'd come late, just for Sabaton, but they have a signing session earlier on, and I need to get the new members to sign the drumstick. :D

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Me either, and I live in Atlanta. :p At $120 for both days it just hasn't been worth it. Sabaton is though (and I got a great deal on a one day ticket). :) And so is Stratovarius with just the one day ticket - they were one of the first metal bands I really liked. Blind Guardian would be worth it too.

Curious, but you can also camp over there? Or you need a hotel/sleeping place elsewhere?

Not that I'd like to go, but I want to know if there are differences with festivals over here. (besides the fact I can't reach it without a car)

Tri-6

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
Yeah, other than Bonnaroo Music Festival, which is not a metal fest, its pretty much either one day events that travel from city to city like Ozzfest used to or Mayhem Fest, or smaller things where the "festival" is a series of bands over a couple days at a regular venue like Prog Power I believe. There are a couple others but not on the massive scale. Rock on the Range I think, and one in Iowa. More glam rock and modern rock stuff. Nothing like Wacken.

The biggest real metal festival we have is probably Maryland Death Fest, which is mostly death, black, crust, and some doom bands. Its held in a small venue and a parking lot which fits a few thousand people in downtown Baltimore. Though they are moving it, but I doubt to an area where it will be camping, probably still in the city.

People I was talking to at Wacken were kind of stunned when I told them we really had no big metal festival culture in America, they thought we had shit like Wacken.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Yeah, other than Bonnaroo Music Festival, which is not a metal fest, its pretty much either one day events that travel from city to city like Ozzfest used to or Mayhem Fest, or smaller things where the "festival" is a series of bands over a couple days at a regular venue like Prog Power I believe. There are a couple others but not on the massive scale. Rock on the Range I think, and one in Iowa. More glam rock and modern rock stuff. Nothing like Wacken.

The biggest real metal festival we have is probably Maryland Death Fest, which is mostly death, black, crust, and some doom bands. Its held in a small venue and a parking lot which fits a few thousand people in downtown Baltimore. Though they are moving it, but I doubt to an area where it will be camping, probably still in the city.

People I was talking to at Wacken were kind of stunned when I told them we really had no big metal festival culture in America, they thought we had shit like Wacken.
I knew the festival climate is better in Europe than it is in the US. Once I saw a Q/A with the following:
Q: Why is the festival that late? (as in the date)
A: Because we cannot compete with the big festivals in Europe.
Having read that, I actually knew enough.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
I knew the festival climate is better in Europe than it is in the US. Once I saw a Q/A with the following:
Q: Why is the festival that late? (as in the date)
A: Because we cannot compete with the big festivals in Europe.
Having read that, I actually knew enough.

And almost everyone I know in the US (AK - moved from DC, MN, MA, MD, NY) tell me the same.