NEED SOME UPDATES HERE!!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Canuck

W:O:A Metalhead
4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
Either way I'd still absolutely love to see Vreid at Wacken.

Overall disappointing. Enslaved will be alright to see and I guess I'd check out Endstille and Mago, but that's about it. I don't have anything against Doro being there as its legitimate that she should be as it is the 20th anniversary and should be a celebration of the festivals history.

But either way I'm wanting more extreme stuff and the bm they've added so far isn't exactly the best out there, especially when much better bands are touring/festival going around that time.

But reflecting what someone else has already said, I noticed last year there were more non-metalheads/those just attracted to the magnitude of the fest than anything else hanging around and I can see this years lineup being more appealing to those just looking for a party than real metalheads...and I'd prefer to party and see bands with real metalheads any day.

I saw Vreid playing with Kampfar couple of months ago and I don't want to see Vreid again. Kampfar is much much better. Also Vreid's vocalist, Sture, had totally the wrong attitude on the stage. A full dissapointment.

On the contrary, Kampfar was great, I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

I agree
i saw Vried WOA 2006, was very regular, i prefer COR SCORPII
i never seen Kampfar im excited to see them in WOA 2009
---------------------------------------------------------------------
My W:O:A 2009 Request:
Venom ,Tankard, Pestilence (reunion), Wehrmacht (reunion) Voivod, Artillery
Arkona, Thyrfing, Equilibrium, Manegarm, Cor Scorpii
Unleashed, Vader, Hail of Bullets, Arch Enemy, Carpathian Forest

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Metal4life08

29 Okt. 2008
Austin Tx.
Overall I'm not impressed with the lineup as well. I'm leaving America and going to Wacken to get away from bands like BMTH and BFMV who seem to dominate the "metal" festivals here. I mean BMTH is associated with emo and scene kids I don't know why the hell they would put them on the bill, they seem like the type of band organizors would know did not belong and many people would complain about them than actually have a desire to watch. Perhaps all of the good bands were unavailable and thats why the lineup is crappy so far, I mean Wacken sells out every year it's not like they think they should get more "popular bands" to sell tickets. I guess I'm mainly pissed because of the several thousand dollars its costing me to go and now I wouldn't even care if I missed this or not. Maybe I'm just a whiny bitch for complaining I don't know.....

Overall I'm not impressed with the lineup as well. I'm leaving America and going to Wacken to get away from bands like BMTH and BFMV who seem to dominate the "metal" festivals here. I mean BMTH is associated with emo and scene kids I don't know why the hell they would put them on the bill, they seem like the type of band organizors would know did not belong and many people would complain about them than actually have a desire to watch. Perhaps all of the good bands were unavailable and thats why the lineup is crappy so far, I mean Wacken sells out every year it's not like they think they should get more "popular bands" to sell tickets. I guess I'm mainly pissed because of the several thousand dollars its costing me to go and now I wouldn't even care if I missed this or not. Maybe I'm just a whiny bitch for complaining I don't know.....

I agree .. I live relatively close to you and the cost to go to WOA is so high (1200 usd flight ticket).

WOA is sold out, thats mean.. 120 euros x 75,000 tickets = 9,000,000 EUROS!!!!!:eek: plus sponsors and gains to rent areas!

with that money i think they can to pay the organization costs plus the fees of any band without any problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
My W:O:A 2009 Request:
Venom ,Tankard, Pestilence (reunion), Wehrmacht (reunion) Voivod, Artillery
Arkona, Thyrfing, Equilibrium, Manegarm, Cor Scorpii
Unleashed, Vader, Hail of Bullets, Arch Enemy, Carpathian Forest

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts

I know how shitty those bands are. They have a tendency of being mixed with at least somewhat decent acts and the people they attract usually cause problems, such as punching small women who aren't in the pit (which has happened to me twice) and causing a lot of problems. I do find it ironic that the organizers seem to love them, though it might be because they want to sell more beer.

You're not a whiny bitch. Like a lot of people, you worked hard for your money and don't want to just throw it away. I'm the same way. Everybody has the right to complain if they spend a lot of money and feel like they're being ripped off to a degree.

23 hours travel time not including the trip to the airport here, but that's counting layovers.