Me and my friend are now selling our ticket for this year, we are disgusted.

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Gomez7253

17 Okt. 2007
England
www.myspace.com
Didn't the organisers make an announcement about NOT bringing in big bands that draw in an unwanted crowd?

However, I can't actually see emos buying festival tickets and travelling across the globe just to see BFMV when they could see them anywhere else.

BFMV, Walls of Jericho and Callejon so far...let's hope they focus more on Metal with future bands. At least we have Nevermore, Napalm Death, Motorhead, Machine Head and Gwar, I ain't complaining!

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
If the final line up sucks I wont hesitate to sell my ticket either and go somewhere else. Only question is, is it possible or is the ticket already in my name (requiring ID upon entrance) ? I dont know.

Malefic

30 Jan. 2008
You can sell your ticket, there's no ID marks on it. I sold my ticket for '08, I didn't make the same mistake this year, was burnt last year by buying early so pretty much expected Wacken to go downhill even further.

It's a shame, was a great festival once upon a time.

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
I dont expect the concerts to be lined up with every single band that I happen to like play there ONLY, and I dont go around bashing any band in particular like some people on here do because they are not my personal favorites. BUT it would be great to atleast see 3 out of (what is it?) 60 bands that will be there ones that id favor to see. And if theyre not at Wacken, ill see them somewhere else in Europe or where ever. I caught Carcass, Maiden and Apocalyptica at Sziget Fest last summer (Hungary). Tool, the year before there who played an hour/ten min show. The good thing about Europe is having so many events to go to really. Theres like over 50 festivals i think i read about. If I lived there Id probably make it to 45 of them a year. However flying over from New Jersey isnt the cheapest and easiest thing to do which is why i have to plan my trip around the ones i really want to make it to.

When will the full line-up including headliner(s) be confirmed? About when, January, Feb? anyone know?

808Metal

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
I dont expect the concerts to be lined up with every single band that I happen to like play there ONLY, and I dont go around bashing any band in particular like some people on here do because they are not my personal favorites. BUT it would be great to atleast see 3 out of (what is it?) 60 bands that will be there ones that id favor to see. And if theyre not at Wacken, ill see them somewhere else in Europe or where ever. I caught Carcass, Maiden and Apocalyptica at Sziget Fest last summer (Hungary). Tool, the year before there who played an hour/ten min show. The good thing about Europe is having so many events to go to really. Theres like over 50 festivals i think i read about. If I lived there Id probably make it to 45 of them a year. However flying over from New Jersey isnt the cheapest and easiest thing to do which is why i have to plan my trip around the ones i really want to make it to.

When will the full line-up including headliner(s) be confirmed? About when, January, Feb? anyone know?

Don't know the exact answer to that, but likely in May, maybe even June if there are cancelations.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien

Well, with this number of festivals, and me living here makes me kind of picky where to go to.
As I still have the chance to go to Wacken, I'll take it anyway, regardless of how the festival has ended the last few years.
I'll do so in 2010, but then I'll see if I'll go again in 2011. Depending if I have liked the two following editions or not.

As in the US there aren't that many "good" festivals, 'we' are in an advantage. True.

drav

10 Juli 2008
I hope the line-up improves. I'm actually hoping for more Metalcore bands to compliment BFMV. I saw Bullet with Cancer Bats and Bleeding Through earlier this year and it was a killer show. Motorhead sold me though. My love of metal spans many genres so I'm probably easier to please than some of the more genre specific fans out there.

However, they do need to kick this line-up up a bit. A few more solid acts and I'll be feeling a lot better about this huge bill for a week in Germany from Cleveland, OH USA.

Horns up.
~drav