Festival "sold out" - implications?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

mugabe

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
So, does this that there actually is a limit to the number of tickets to this year's festival, or, in short, more people and less space than last year, or finally an amount of visitors that the organisation can manage?

Hammered_gods

W:O:A Metalmaster
5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
So, does this that there actually is a limit to the number of tickets to this year's festival, or, in short, more people and less space than last year, or finally an amount of visitors that the organisation can manage?

Sell outs are very popular in Germany. They try to make the festival look cool. In czech they squeeze in as many people as possible. First, the money is important, second, why to refuse people. Ok gay festivals like Masters of Rock sell out, but I understand, when they make festival in area of the biggest czech booze producer factory, there could be some difficulties.

Schweinchen

20 März 2004
DD
Website besuchen
Sell outs are very popular in Germany. They try to make the festival look cool. In czech they squeeze in as many people as possible. First, the money is important, second, why to refuse people. Ok gay festivals like Masters of Rock sell out, but I understand, when they make festival in area of the biggest czech booze producer factory, there could be some difficulties.

The thing is that in germany, a festival is instantly forbidden that makes national headlines due to anarchy in the whole city with people illegaly camping in every corner! ;)

Schweinchen

20 März 2004
DD
Website besuchen
aha! Ppl in Belgium speak German? they havent other language or sumthing?

They have three official languages. Two big portions of the population (whoops, I think the usage of portion ain't politically correct? :D ) speak dutch and french, respectively. Like 2% or something in the east of belgium speak german. Figure is a wild guess, look in wikiepdia for details or true figures! ;) As I remember it, this was mainly caused by the territorial swift after the first world war, because a century before that, the area in question should have been nethergerman speaking? :confused:

Lady_Wolf

4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
Like I stated before: Wacken is becoming the Cradle of Filth of the metalfestivals .

WTF does there need to be an entire catalog filled with wacken merch for. Instead some nice bands added to the line up would be better.
And whats up with all those silly services :rolleyes:

Schweinchen

20 März 2004
DD
Website besuchen
Like I stated before: Wacken is becoming the Cradle of Filth of the metalfestivals .

WTF does there need to be an entire catalog filled with wacken merch for. Instead some nice bands added to the line up would be better.
And whats up with all those silly services :rolleyes:

The Wacken branded stuff is for the poor fellas who arrive by plane and have no capacities for bringing their own stuff I'd say. And the branding justifies the "you have nowhere else to go" prices. ;)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
They have three official languages. Two big portions of the population (whoops, I think the usage of portion ain't politically correct? :D ) speak dutch and french, respectively. Like 2% or something in the east of belgium speak german. Figure is a wild guess, look in wikiepdia for details or true figures! ;) As I remember it, this was mainly caused by the territorial swift after the first world war, because a century before that, the area in question should have been nethergerman speaking? :confused:

There are approximately 10,000,000 Belgians in Belgium (and some outside of course).
6,000,000 speak Flemish or Dutch, whatever you like, 4,000,000 speak French, and a small group of ± 70,000 to 80,000 speak German.

There are 4 linguisitc regions, Flanders (Dutch speaking), the French community (French), the German community (German) and the Bilingual Community of Brussels (both French and Dutch)

WIth the exeption of the German speaking and people in the Brussels community, both "big" linguistic groups are childish and nationalistic when it concerns their language in their "territory".

A complicated story.

Schweinchen

20 März 2004
DD
Website besuchen
There are approximately 10,000,000 Belgians in Belgium (and some outside of course).
6,000,000 speak Flemish or Dutch, whatever you like, 4,000,000 speak French, and a small group of ± 70,000 to 80,000 speak German.

There are 4 linguisitc regions, Flanders (Dutch speaking), the French community (French), the German community (German) and the Bilingual Community of Brussels (both French and Dutch)

WIth the exeption of the German speaking and people in the Brussels community, both "big" linguistic groups are childish and nationalistic when it concerns their language in their "territory".

A complicated story.
So it's not even 1% german speakers and still it is an official language? That's not bad! :D

I won't say anything about the nationalistic childishness, because I have good mood today... :D