teenagers at Wacken

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

jkk

19 Juni 2007
I am bringing my daughter and her freind (they are 16) to Wacken this year for the first time and i was thinking, that a lot of you experienced Wacken folks could give me some advices regarding the Festival.

1) Do i need to watch over the kids every minute?

2) I read somewhere that "Children under 16 years are only allowed at W:O:A to stay with their parents or instead an full aged person with an written permission signed by their parents. See Download: "Einverständniserklärung"
! From 16-18 no restrictions, but they have to leave festival area at 12pm towards campground"

Is this really true? there are still good music to be heard after 12 pm. and i am not finished drinking by 12 pm.

Hope you have some advices to a newbie on Wacken:cool:

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I am bringing my daughter and her freind (they are 16) to Wacken this year for the first time and i was thinking, that a lot of you experienced Wacken folks could give me some advices regarding the Festival.

2) I read somewhere that "Children under 16 years are only allowed at W:O:A to stay with their parents or instead an full aged person with an written permission signed by their parents. See Download: "Einverständniserklärung"
! From 16-18 no restrictions, but they have to leave festival area at 12pm towards campground"

Is this really true? there are still good music to be heard after 12 pm. and i am not finished drinking by 12 pm.

1) I would not think so, but I guess it depends more on the kids than the surrounding area.

2) I can't imagine that they try and kick you out, it's probably more a rule because the general law in Germany states it to be so. Never seen them go around looking for younger people around midnight to kick them out.

jkk

19 Juni 2007
I know i'm nitpicking but 12 pm is noon :p

OK then you should send a note to the administration, cuz if they start bringing the kids to the camp at 12 noon, then there will be a riot at Wacken.

Does anyone know what goes on in the Metal.Markt? is it just a bunch off shops trying to sell t-shirts and food or are there music as well?

Schweinchen

20 März 2004
DD
Website besuchen
1) I would not think so, but I guess it depends more on the kids than the surrounding area.

2) I can't imagine that they try and kick you out, it's probably more a rule because the general law in Germany states it to be so. Never seen them go around looking for younger people around midnight to kick them out.

gnoff is right, the german youth protection law states that minors of the age 16 and 17 have to leave public events at midnight, whereas even younger minors may visit only with an adult who has the legal responsibility.

In a related matter, the official policy for consuming alcohol is that beverages (usually the stuff under 20%) may be consumed from 16 years on, but hard stuff with higher percentage is only allowed for people 18 and above. Usually 16 year olds wipe their ass with that rule, but as some kids in Berlin made a sport out of dying in hospital after drinking hard stuff early this year, I would expect some checkings for the legal age when selling booze this Wacken.

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen

1. No, if they are smart kids and can find their way back, just let them run loose. Nobody is gonna hurt them, actually people will be very helpful if you and your kids manage to get lost. They maybe should not drink everything that is offered to them, though.

2. They will never find you, just don't care about this, cause noone does.

Have a nice time!

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Does anyone know what goes on in the Metal.Markt? is it just a bunch off shops trying to sell t-shirts and food or are there music as well?

As I heard, there's also tits and asses involved somehow. And yes, I believe music is connected to this.

Actually it seems to be a rip-off unless you really crave for exposed female body parts or supposedly rare metal records.

jkk

19 Juni 2007
Thanx for your answers, also regarding metal markt - i think i cut them loose this time, afterall they have to get used to it sooner or later, so why not in a friendly place with lots of nice people around. Maybe i buy a local german sim card for the mobile phones and let that do the trick of holding contact.:D

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Thanx for your answers, also regarding metal markt - i think i cut them loose this time, afterall they have to get used to it sooner or later, so why not in a friendly place with lots of nice people around. Maybe i buy a local german sim card for the mobile phones and let that do the trick of holding contact.:D

What I understand is that german sim cards are hard to get unless you life in germany... but ask Quark he should know this...