Opening Times

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

WaveFarer

18 Apr. 2006
Can anybody tell me exactly when the campsite will open?

It looks like it will open August the 2nd at 8 o'clock. The day before the live music will start!

Is it not possible to gain access to the campsite before wednesday at 8 am ???

Last year i think it was possible to gain access to the campsite long before the actual festival.

Any info would be appreciated!!!

Wavefarer

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Can anybody tell me exactly when the campsite will open?

It looks like it will open August the 2nd at 8 o'clock. The day before the live music will start!

Is it not possible to gain access to the campsite before wednesday at 8 am ???

Last year i think it was possible to gain access to the campsite long before the actual festival.

Any info would be appreciated!!!

Wavefarer

There are several threads regarding these questions.

Please read this thread and the links in it, it should pretty much answer all your questions (I hope):
http://forum.wacken.com/showthread.php?t=132914

WaveFarer

18 Apr. 2006
Well Thanks!

But...still I'm confused!

It seems like the campsite opens at 0800 in the morning on wednesday the
2nd.

I'm just surprised it does not open earlier!!?

Did i miss something?

Any comments would be appreciated!

Thanks

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
The official opening time is 8 am on Wednesday. Some idiots tend to come earlier and they are usually allowed to enter the campground to avoid trouble but this may cost an extra fee and is officially not allowed and just causes the festival orgas more trouble.

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
Wednesday is plenty early to get to the campsite. A day before the bands and its not like you're going to have to search high and low for a decent place to pitch your tent. In fact first few years we came on the Thursday and besides the rush to pitch before the first band there was still plenty of space.

I don't get why people would want to spend two whole days, or maybe even more, camping before the festival actually starts. This year we're flying to Hamburg on Tuesday but we're going to spend the night there and got a good nights sleep in a bed, well a few hours anyway..., before heading down early Wednesday afternoon to the campsite.

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
Knowing I'll already be spending four days there, I have no desire to spend a fifth and feel like crap half way through the festival. Ii hazard a guess that I'm not the only one.

cyberwicklow

1 Jan. 2008
IRELAND!
hells no, the longer im there the better, if ive learnt anythin from festivals its that all the fun is to be had in the camp sites, especially if im loaded with beer, oh btw, wats the policy on weed, are there usually cops floatin about cause well be in amsterdam the week before wacken, and well you know anyway haha

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
hells no, the longer im there the better, if ive learnt anythin from festivals its that all the fun is to be had in the camp sites, especially if im loaded with beer, oh btw, wats the policy on weed, are there usually cops floatin about cause well be in amsterdam the week before wacken, and well you know anyway haha

German police doesn't like it. Especially in Schleswig-Holstein state.

If you for instance drive a car with a Dutch licence plate, you're almost certain to be stopped. (but not always) And Schleswig-Holstein introduces border controls during wacken. (cusstoms)