BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE - FINALLY IN WACKEN!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

zombiecag

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
To be honest, I reckon it'll be a half turnout for their set.
Either people will go to another stage or the beer tent, or they'll bottle the shit out of them.

I'll be getting more beer :D

Random_dude_667

7 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
TBH I reckon they'll probably get a massive turnout, be a complete success and play next year :/ Cos for every 1 of us that complains theres 10 who'll take our place, but maybe thats just me being pessimistic.......

@Spindelta. I didn't intend to be degretory to hardcore if thats how I came across, I mean I actually listen to some of it to be fair, especially the crossover bands that came out of it (Suicidal Tendancies FTW), and like any other Genre (be it pop, Punk or Metal) it can be combined with other genres in a wide variety of different ways, after all, this is surely what has kept Metal goin for so many years.

I was more aiming at pointing out that its for this reason that Bullet aren't fit for Wacken, because whether people like it or not it is a mix of hardcore and Metal (evidentally perhaps not in quite the 80-20 fashion I said but eh, same argument continues). Whatever mix and influences it contains it still isn't nearly close enough to Metal to deserve a place on the bill, and I doubt it will satisfy the everyday Wacken-goer, and hopefully they'll be punished accordingly by a half arsed crowd.

I still blame the media.......

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
@Spindelta. I didn't intend to be degretory to hardcore if thats how I came across...

That's fair enough, I can see what you're getting at. There are a wealth of core bands which I think totally suck because of their trendy hardcore influence (view any cap wearing deathcore band).

I will be gutted if BfmV go down well at Wacken, because I'd at least like to hold the perception that the festival goers are like minded, even if those in charge of booking might not be. It would be a rousing victory if their set goes down like the proverbial lead zeppelin.

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
TBH I reckon they'll probably get a massive turnout, be a complete success and play next year :/ Cos for every 1 of us that complains theres 10 who'll take our place

Dude.. I think you're probably right.

Sure, there'll be people bottling them and stuff.
There'll be people shouting "Kill the emo scum" or something.
Maybe even a few people running around the campsite with torches screaming for emo blood.

But no matter what is said on this forum, BFMV are playing Wacken.
And the only thing that anyone can say to prevent this is to prove they're a member of Al Qaeda and threaten to blow up WOA if BFMV aren't removed from the listing.

But even that would have to be posted to a special e-mail address or some shit.
Because I doubt the organisors even look at this forum.
If they did, they'd have seen the response BFMV got and would have thought twice about booking Mendeed and All That Remains..

However, I will say this.
If Bring me the Horizon play Wacken, I will actually go and watch them, just so I can throw a rock at each and every one of them.
They are the only band I would actually act violent against.

Anyone else, fuck it, beer tent.

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
Because I doubt the organisors even look at this forum.
If they did, they'd have seen the response BFMV got and would have thought twice about booking Mendeed and All That Remains...

It doesn't matter if the organisers read this forum or not, I doubt their influence would be swayed unless a few thousand people signed up and posted. As it is, there has been what, maybe thirty people or less complaining here? And mostly it's the same few.

There's no way for them to tell if our opinions are representative of the Wacken crowd or not. I'm presuming there was some level of complaint in order for the Wacken Myspace to send around the message asking people not to go and heckle Bullet.

Even so, I doubt that BfmV will be well enjoyed by a large crowd. Whilst Soulfly might have done well, I bet there's a large amount of fans at Wacken who loved Sepultura at one point, and probably some who like Soulfly by association. I'm not going to presume that Machine Head won over the crowd on the strength of their Vio-lence ties, that's a little too far fetched, but many metal heads might have liked their first two records when they came out. But Bullet have none of this to fall back on. None of their members ever wrote seminal thrash, and they have one pop metal album to their name. I remember seeing a handful of people at Wacken in Slipknot or Mudvayne t-shirts. Maybe these dudes are amenable to BfmV. But I cannot seriously believe that all those guys and girls walking around in black metal shirts, death metal shirts, thrash metal patch covered jackets - are actually secret BfmV fans.

Random_dude_667

7 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
That's fair enough, I can see what you're getting at. There are a wealth of core bands which I think totally suck because of their trendy hardcore influence (view any cap wearing deathcore band).

I will be gutted if BfmV go down well at Wacken, because I'd at least like to hold the perception that the festival goers are like minded, even if those in charge of booking might not be. It would be a rousing victory if their set goes down like the proverbial lead zeppelin.

I think it'll depend entirely on how many core kids are swayed into coming by BfmV, if lots go then we may have problems, if not, I reckon BfmV certainly will have..........

BTW has anyone else noticed that Mendeed are gone from teh bands page? Have they pulled out? Cos if you go to www.mendeed.co.uk it comes up with a message about how they haven't paid for it.......wierd :s

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
A fair point, Spindelta.
I can't wait for them to post the times up.. I know it probably wont be until a week or so before the festival, but I wanna know who's playing at the same time as Bullet (if anyone) so I know whether it's worth going to another stage or getting beer..

It's kinda saddening to think that Wacken felt the need to book BFMV, but hell, let's not let a bunch of welsh metalcore kids ruin what looks to be an amazing weekend!
On the plus side, we have Immortal, Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Grave Digger, etc..

And I still think they need GWAR

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
Just realised..
Well, I realised ages ago but then got very drunk and forgot about it..
Anyway.

If you look at the bands page, it goes:
Bullet for my Valentine
Cannibal Corpse

Just a little contrast there, eh? :D

NinjamasterTK

5 Apr. 2007
I won't let them ruin wacken for me... but I'm still appauled that they'd even be booked...

It's as bad as booking Metalica!

Wacken is for metal.

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
Hehe. Personally I prefer Sodom's less Motorhead inspired stuff. Body Parts. :mad: Now that I can't wait for. There will be some extreme thrashing.

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
Haha, I was tempted to say something but you've done it for me :D

And, Ninjamaster..
Booking Metallica would be a fucking excellent move.
They may not be as great now as they were in the '80s, but it'd be way better than BFMV or any of the core bands playing.

Stop trying to be "underground", you are a moron.