BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE - FINALLY IN WACKEN!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

zombiecag

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
i think you made a mistake. You should have said "i am an asshole and not intelligent". anything is more intelligent than not being intelligent to start with. interesting to see how you wrong you are in terms of metal clishees, like some other popular, shit persons and bands that come to mind. this is precisely why you belong into the "gulag", because you'll never be taken serious, no matter how hard you try. you are so lame. fuck me, how on earth can you live by yourself being so stupid?

Um... what?
At least Spindelta made a valid comment about a shite band being booked at Wacken, instead of just attacking members speaking their own opinions on this stupid mistake made by the Wacken organisers.

Your previous use of the "<3" and comments against people annoyed about BFMV being booked is making me think.. are you the sole BFMV fan attending Wacken?

Brad_Moshpit

16 März 2007
haha, please read my post again! is it valid to define a band as true or not true? who decides who is true metal or just a fake trendy band? actually i didn't know that metal was/is a trend at all. so don't judge a book by its cover :)

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
haha, please read my post again! is it valid to define a band as true or not true? who decides who is true metal or just a fake trendy band? actually i didn't know that metal was/is a trend at all. so don't judge a book by its cover :)

So you're saying that BFMV are as much a metal band as, say, Manowar?
I dare you to go around the festival telling people that.

MetalViking

26 Feb. 2007
England
i think you made a mistake. You should have said "i am an asshole and not intelligent". anything is more intelligent than not being intelligent to start with. interesting to see how you wrong you are in terms of metal clishees, like some other popular, shit persons and bands that come to mind. this is precisely why you belong into the "gulag", because you'll never be taken serious, no matter how hard you try. you are so lame. fuck me, how on earth can you live by yourself being so stupid?
someone touch your nerve? :)

Brad_Moshpit

16 März 2007
So you're saying that BFMV are as much a metal band as, say, Manowar?
I dare you to go around the festival telling people that.

yeah, why not? i don't listen to both of the bands, but i am not to judge about whats right or wrong speaking of true metal or not. is it about the music that you try to judge or is it the members of the band? who are you to say they dont belong to a metal festival? what makes a band like bullet... be less metal than manowar? is it the emo scene in which they've become famous? that would make sense because the so-called emoscene can not be combined with the clishees in metal! if you dont like the band (something i can understand xD) why don't you just stay away from the stage they'll be playing on instead of just acting like a regular stupid subculture kid?

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
You should have said "i am an asshole and not intelligent".

Maybe I should have, but I guess you got there before me.

It's a shame that you're upset that I don't like the band you like, but I offer you no apologies. I was calling them out on being posers because they're not a metal band, and they made a statement talking about how they want to be more metal. That is my definition of being a poser band.

I appreciate what must be your deep sense of deadpan irony - posting all of the following right after talking about intelligence:

"is it valid to define a band as true or not true? who decides who is true metal or just a fake trendy band? actually i didn't know that metal was/is a trend at all. so don't judge a book by its cover"

Don't judge a book by it's cover? This entire thread is about the completely vapid nature of BfmV's musical quality. The band are not being judged by how they look or promote themselves, they're being judged on a musical basis. They are a band which makes music suitable for teenagers and people who only want the impression of listening to metal. I know this because I have heard their music, and I have also heard metal. They are not interchangeable.

"what makes a band like bullet... be less metal than manowar? is it the emo scene in which they've become famous?"

No, it's the fact that only one of those bands writes metal music. You have to understand, BfmV could look like old-school Bay Area legends (I presume you have no idea what I'm talking about here, but just go with me) but whilst they're still writing contrived music for people who only want the veneer of metal - then they'll never be a metal band.

I realise that I'm not going to convince you of any of this, but I'm not so fussed about that. I just figure the more that you say, the more you promote the link between supporting Bullet and complete ignorance of metal music.

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
if you dont like the band (something i can understand xD) why don't you just stay away from the stage they'll be playing on instead of just acting like a regular stupid subculture kid?

Have you even read the previous pages on this forum?
I was one of the people saying "I don't like this band, so I'll be at the beer tent while they're on instead of bottling them"

And you can't really class me as a "regular stupid subculture kid" as I listen to virtually every style of rock music!
One minute I'll listen to GWAR or The Berzerker, then the next I'll be listening to something totally different like Pink Floyd or Rancid!

If you think BFMV should play the festival, then by all means, go and watch them. I couldn't give a shit. Just means one less person in line for beer!

Random_dude_667

7 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
is it the emo scene in which they've become famous? that would make sense because the so-called emoscene can not be combined with the clishees in metal!

Yes, that IS the scene in whixh they have become popular, and yes, the 2 genres ARE compatable, because thats what BfmV is.

Surely Genre is pure fact rather than opinion, I mean just because someone (or teh vast majority of people) thinks somethings Metal (you all know which bands I'm talking about), doesn't mean it is. E.G. Bullet For My Valentine is 20% Metal + 80% Hardcore therefore because the hardcore element outweighs the Metal element, they're surely not Metal? But Metalcore) Its only cos of teh stupid Kerrap! reading media that people think they're Metal....

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
Random_dude, you're doing a fair disservice to hardcore. Whilst I'm not a fan of the genre per se, I can appreciate that it is more than what most metal fans take it for. In the same way that someone can look at the metal genre and see Trivium, and consider the whole lot shite, one can look at hardcore, see Hatebreed, and think it's all shite.

There is good quality hardcore, even some proper abrasive stuff which I'll listen to (say old Converge or Minus), and BfmV bears as little relation to that as it does to metal.

The problem with Bullet is not which genre they fall under, but which genre they don't. Namely metal. And they make it a problem by constantly associating themselves with it, comparing themselves to Iron Maiden and referring to their impending sophomore release as old-school thrash.

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
Really, BFMV don't have a "hardcore" element to them.
Because, to me, Hardcore will always be bands like Minor Threat and Sick of it All. But that's probably just me.

BFMV is more like radio-friendly, schoolboy metalcore.

40% tight trousers
30% hair products
20% Metallica and Iron Maiden impressions
10% talent

Like Adam (Random_dude) said, it's Kerrang's fault for telling people that they are metal. And with younger people getting into rock music and reading Kerrang, their minds are easier to manipulate into believing it!
Because if they're too young to know who Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Twisted Sister, Alice Cooper or Saxon are, then they wont question Kerrang saying "BFMV is truly metal".

Now, once they've done that and got into their audience's mind, they have the numbers to get this opinion to be perceived as a fact.

NinjamasterTK

5 Apr. 2007
Hey guys, I'm new, I intend to hang around, but the reason I signed up was to express my ourtage that Bullet for my Valentine were going to be at WOA

They are Emo... Shitty-Fucking-Emo.

I can't see my heavy metal brothers and sisters putting up with THAT!

I think they'll be boo'd and bottled off stage.