Town around the fest

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Metal-Mini

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Jan. 2007
von Stuttgart ins Emsland!
yeah getting lost in hamburg is very much like getting lost in any other massive city. you get mugged, raped and killed.

nah, just kidding. I spent four years there and was only mugged 24 times, raped 15 times and killed 29 times.

yah, we germans spent all our time to wait for some tourists to come to our cities......to rape. to kill and to mugg them:D :D :D :D

honestly, our towns are not more or less dangerous than other big towns all over the world. there are always some dark corner you better ´don´t step in, but normally you can survive germany without starving as well.

in germany our first foreign laguage in school is mostly english, so you won ´t have difficulties to find pepole who speak english, eccept those of the age of 80 or more.....
just follow the crowds of metalheads !!!you won´t get lost!!!
have a nice stay in wacken and enjoy it!!!:D :D :D
by the way , where are you from , rammsoldat?

Rammsoldat

15 Feb. 2007
im originally from liverpool but i now live on the north coast of wales. Im not too worried about muggers and rapists ect as like i say im from liverpool were people take moral decline around the world as some kind of challange. I was just a little concerned about using public transport (as i do here in the uk).

Im determined to do this tho as after ive done somthing once i can do it over and over again.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
im originally from liverpool but i now live on the north coast of wales. Im not too worried about muggers and rapists ect as like i say im from liverpool were people take moral decline around the world as some kind of challange. I was just a little concerned about using public transport (as i do here in the uk).

Im determined to do this tho as after ive done somthing once i can do it over and over again.

Taking public transport is different in Liverpool than in Germany.

Trains run ON TIME for instance. No fear for people on subways in crowded stations like in Bruxelles Midi/Brussel Zuid (Belgium), where they tried to mug me, I hit them back with my caine (surprise surprise) and so on.

I've done it several times, and I'll do it again!

Rammsoldat

15 Feb. 2007
I've been there. Near Bangor. It's fucking amazingly beautiful. I nearly cried when I first saw the coast there.

I know, we have feilds all around the house and the mountains are close by, you can see the snow up there on a clear winters day, and in the summer the fog rolls down the hills and across the feilds of an evening.

Anyhoo i thought of another question. Whats the rules on cameras at the fest, ive had disposables with me at other fests but wacken was the first fest ive been properley searched on the way into the arena so i was wondering if they prohibit cameras or just not bother given how commonplace camera-phones are

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
I know, we have feilds all around the house and the mountains are close by, you can see the snow up there on a clear winters day, and in the summer the fog rolls down the hills and across the feilds of an evening.

Anyhoo i thought of another question. Whats the rules on cameras at the fest, ive had disposables with me at other fests but wacken was the first fest ive been properley searched on the way into the arena so i was wondering if they prohibit cameras or just not bother given how commonplace camera-phones are

The rules goes: No professional cameras.

Metal-Mini

12 Jan. 2007
von Stuttgart ins Emsland!
as long as you have only digital cameras without objektives, like journalists or professional photographers have, you´re allowed to take it with you. mobile phones are also allowed.

Rammsoldat

15 Feb. 2007
so if i were to but a little compact digital camera itd be ok? cool.

its just for holiday pics really, im no frank west. Havent covered wars y'know. (geek joke)

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
I've survived three Wackens with just speaking three words of German. I got a bit embarrased I didn't try to learn the language so on the last day last year I asked for one beer in German. Which pretty much sounds the same anyway...

Anway, this year an old mate of mine is going and his girlfriend apparently speaks fluent German...so it'll be handy if we get lost on the way there and in Hamburg. But we managed to navigate our way to the festival last year without too much trouble German speaker free.

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Rammsoldat, tell your friend he's not going to any "third world" country where you can only survive when you speak kisuahili or xhosa or whatever exotic language.
You are just going to _Germany_ which is one of the best organized countries in the world. The Germans love to signpost _everything_. Trains and all kinds of public transport are usually going on time. Many people do speak english (not all though, even if they are under 80!).
Hamburg is not more dangerous than any other big middle european city. There are printed schedules of trains and city maps. There are lot of tourist information facilities, both in the internet and in Hamburg city. There are no dangerous wild animals in Germany. You can't get infected with malaria or lassa fever or leprosy. You can drink the tap water without cooking it before. There is no big risk for earthquakes or hurricanes. Food is available in lots of shops, so there's no risk to starve or die of thirst. We even do have street lamps and policemen.

So - nothing will happen if you behave like anyone with half a brain. Your biggest risk will be to miss a train or not to understand the stamp machines.

Hell, these young people nowadays doesn't seem to have any sense for adventures :rolleyes:

;)
:D

Zuletzt bearbeitet: